Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FPS Recommendations?

I've just finished SOF 2 and want to know if there are any more decent FPS games out there that require a bit more than the 'blast everyting in sight' strategy. I found Max Payne fairly good, also Red Faction and MOHAA ..... but what next ??
    I find UT a bit mindless (but good fun in small doses) and want to tax my brain as well as my fire button :D

Beefy Guest

Sorry to say, but most FPS games are pretty much 'blast everything in sight'. As for something else though, you could give Battlefield 1942 a shot. It's not quite as fast paced as SoF2 and the like, but with the addition of vehicles to drive around in, it is a hell of a lot of fun...

UT 2003 is out now (soon for us Australians), but that's basically just more of the same old UT, with the exception of the Bombing Run gametype. Basically NFL + guns... a lot of fun.

Beefy you kind of make it seem like the older UT wasn't good. Atleast it appears that way. But ya as long as FPSes have been out it has been blast everything in site. From the original Doom to quake 2 to modern era.

Beefy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RazMan
    I find UT a bit mindless (but good fun in small doses) and want to tax my brain as well as my fire button :D
    His words, not mine. :) Personally I love mindless, fast paced games like UT... I was just trying to recommend stuff the way he wanted to hear it.

FPS shooter, that requires strategy....have you tried operation flashpoint.

That requires alot of strategy, and patience. But a good game none the less! :thumb:

Beefy Guest

The Rainbow Six series is another good strategical set.. Try Ghost Recon. ;)

yeah that is another good series!

BF 1942 is one of the better FPS's. You have to work at least a little bit as a team or you loose...
    New Sig soon, old one was way outdated.

:thumb:

Beefy Guest

But in single player it's not all that important. and RazMan looks to be on dial up, so online gaming is almost out of the question

Well, than go for RainBow Six, Ghost Recon, Desert Siege and Island Thunder.

Or try Serious Sam 2...

You can also consider Hitman and Hitman 2, although it's not really an FPS.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information