Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Rename....burn??

Sorry can anybody explain to me what rename then burn means?
    I have downloaded a couple a games to try them to see if they are ok before i buy but it says on the file that i have to rename them then burn what exactly does this mean and can anybody help with a step by step on how to do it?:confused:

it sounds like you have to give the files a new name and the burn them to a cd is my guess

thats what it sounds like but i think its more complicated than that.i think you have to rename the file in dos but im not sure how or why?

try opening windows explorer and going to where you saved the file and right click on it and rename it that might work

I'll give it a go but im sure its alot more complicated than that.Perhaps someone with more experience is out there than us two newbies.But hey at least we are trying

It sounds like they are ISO files that have been renamed to prevent them being deleted from a server.

It probably means you have to rename them back to FILENAME.ISO, then use a program like Nero to burn the ISO file to a blank CD. That's my guess anyway.

ISO is a disk image format which makes an exact copy of a CD onto your hard drive.

Thread Information