Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ctf

I played CS at a lan once.......didn't really like it.......has anyone ever tried TC?

www.truecombat.com

hmmm, I love CS. I cannot get enough of it. hmmmmm! The only realish game I have found is operation flashpoint. I like the game a lot, but it was a little slow!

It Might not be that realistic but its ten times more realistic that Unreal...guns that actually exist (even though the names of them are changes). Teammates can communicate via Microphone...giving it that edge...it might not be pretty like UT2k3 yet its right next to everquest on the most online game played. I don't even think they fall into the same category besides the point that they are first person shooter. You don't have lightning rays holdin you down...you nade you go in swat style...Like i said before its not my style of game and i just wanted to find out what other people see in it. So yes i do think CS is much more realistic that Unreal. Compared to real ife of course not...but who wants it to be that realistic...it won't be a game...i just don't see funny guns amusing me..thats all.

I still play the game ...in 30 minute intervals right before i get nausea.
    - Damien

ut wasn't designed for relism. Its an extremely high-tech futoristic game. Look at the maps. Jumping in space? Look at the name it self! Its...........UNreal

lol, I really never cared for UT but then when people started using the Translocator I just gave up, I am hooked on BF 1942 right now then when SWG comes out I will be dead to the world.
    New Sig soon, old one was way outdated.

:thumb:

CS vs UT. wtf?

may as well throw in the apples & oranges line as well.

While they are in the same genre (FPS) their content differs so much you would have to prety dense to think they 'compete' against each other. UT is a fictional game. The guns arent meant to be real. The effects arent meant to be real, the characters arent meant to be real. The whole point of the game is to be (wait for it) UNreal.

The reason it is so popular is because it is downright FUN to play. While I do enjoy the more thought-provoking games rather than the brain-dead ones *cough*Q3A*cough* UT is different because it mixes a little column A, and a little from column B.

Im a little dissapointed they didnt expand CTF like they did Domination, but with the current slew of user-created maps and the quality of the official maps, im more than happy with UT2K3.

LOL, yeah they are two totally different games. But anyway, like I said I only play BF right now then I will play SWG for a loooong time.
    New Sig soon, old one was way outdated.

:thumb:

Quote Originally Posted by Bahamut Zer0
    CS vs UT. wtf?

may as well throw in the apples & oranges line as well.

While they are in the same genre (FPS) their content differs so much you would have to prety dense to think they 'compete' against each other. UT is a fictional game. The guns arent meant to be real. The effects arent meant to be real, the characters arent meant to be real. The whole point of the game is to be (wait for it) UNreal.

The reason it is so popular is because it is downright FUN to play. While I do enjoy the more thought-provoking games rather than the brain-dead ones *cough*Q3A*cough* UT is different because it mixes a little column A, and a little from column B.

Im a little dissapointed they didnt expand CTF like they did Domination, but with the current slew of user-created maps and the quality of the official maps, im more than happy with UT2K3.
    I know they arenot meant to be real...i am was just explaining to the other dude what is it that does not attrct me to the game...thats all...i did mention that they shouldn't be even considered in the same CATEGORY besides that they are first person shooters.
    - Damien

Well I have played q3ctf for awhile now (er 2 and a half years). Now I don't know if you have gone nutty like me with my q3, but besides the four main maps (actually five if you count the space flag one whose name escapes me right now...NOT ctf4 but the other one). Threewave has plenty of great maps and they get much more play now than the original four. I would say there are about 20 threewave maps in the packs they have put out and pretty much all are better than the original four in my humble opinion. The other way to find more servers besides getting the threewave maps, you can get osp which will broaden your horizons on server choices as well as download the new x3 maps. You could also get the wtf maps, but they only allow for one weapon per level (plasma on one map, rl on the next...etc.) and I personally find it very boring. I highly recommend you get the threewave packs if you don't have them and osp if you don't have it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information