Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: ea code

thomson1968 Guest

I bought a second hand copy of pc game "harry potter and the philosophers stone" (i think thats what its called, hehe).
    The problem I have is that when I try to install it, I need a code that would only be found on the ea manual or box which I dont have.
    How can I get roundabout this problem, would another ea code from another game work ?????
    Please let me know any tip's.
    Cheers.:cheers:

Beefy Guest

Sorry, but you'll need to get a code for that game (Harry Potter) specifically. It should have come with the game when you bought it, as the game needs it to run. I'd go complain to some people if I were you.

thomson1968 Guest

I went back and complained and they told me they would give me back my money if I wanted, but I told them that I wanted the game and needed the code to get it working but they still said that because it wasnt in its original packaging when I bought it that wasnt thier problem and I could have my money back !!!
    I kept a hold of it cause it only cost me 5 thats 5 british pounds and its normally about 30, and I've took my chances, thats why I'am on the net looking for codes now.
    Please help !!!!

Beefy Guest

Sorry, but what your suggesting is actually illegal, so I can't help you with that.

thomson1968 Guest

well if its illegal, i'am willing to name one of the largest computer chain stores in britain that sold me it without the code, its not my fault !!!!!
    They sold the disk in a stupid little sleave at a knock down price but with no packaging and manuals etc.

Beefy Guest

Really, they shouldn't be selling it without a code. I think that's almost illegal as well. :)

um selling used games with no cd keys is not illigal selling new games with out cd Keys is

Beefy Guest

ahh, my bad.. thanks.

My advice is NEVER to buy a used game which needs a CD Key (this is most of the major online games nowadays). Why? Because even if the code comes with the game, no doubt the original owner has kept their copy of the game on their HD and still plays it with that CD Key code. If the two of you get online at the same time the code becomes invalid (2 or more instances of the same key code = code invalidated) and you both lose out.

The store should know better but it's up to you as the consumer to watch what you buy in the end.

Thread Information