Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFS Hot Pursuit 2

Great graphics man .Top cars that drive well too

What more could you want in a drive sim ??:confused:

Topspeed :301 kph Clk :D
    Athlon XP 1800 + @ 1600
    Gigabyte Ga-7va KT-400
    ASus Gf4 Ti 4200 128
    Seagate Barracuda III
    512mb Kingmax DDR 333

I got a copy of the game last week and haven't really stopped playing it since. IMO it has got to be one of the best driving sims in a long while.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

It's a beautiful game that's for sure. For those of you who want to play without the CD in your drive, try the following:

Go here and download the No-CD patch at the very bottom of the screen (the one by gimpsRus).

Then copy the following directories (and contents) off your NFS CD and put them under your "Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2" directory:

\actors
    \AI
    \Audio
    \Cars
    \Movies
    \Particle
    \Tracks

Then back up your NFSHP2.exe file and replace it with the No-CD version and everything should load up fine from HD now.

PS - does anyone know how to properly read the .asf music files under the Audio directory? WMP won't recognise them (they're obviously protected) I want to convert them to .mp3 and burn/listen to em :)

yeah good game but i wouldnt call it a sim more like a Arcade game it's pure fun. no realism no physics what so ever but great selection of cars and tracks.

want a sim go play viper racing still the best racing game IMHO :smokin:

Project Tweakers .. Tweakers IRC .. MSN contact: roswellalien670@hotmail.com .. Google ..

My Rig: Amd 2100+ .:|:. V7+, ASIII .:|:. Shuttle AK35GTR .:|:. 512mb Winbond DDR .:|:. ATI Radeon 8500 64mb .:|:. 2x 40gb Seagate ATA 100 .:|:. LG 40x16x10 .:|:. Liteon 16x DvD .:|:. Intel Pro B and 3com 10/100 nics .:|:. SB live 5.1 DE .:|:. Enermax 710b Windowed .:|:. LG 17" F700b .:|:.

Yeah busted fenders , wheels falling of would be more fun still

eh :afro:
    Athlon XP 1800 + @ 1600
    Gigabyte Ga-7va KT-400
    ASus Gf4 Ti 4200 128
    Seagate Barracuda III
    512mb Kingmax DDR 333

Yeah it would. I havent had a chance to play it but I want to :).
    New Sig soon, old one was way outdated.

:thumb:

In case anyone is interested, there's an application for listening to and converting the audio tracks in games like NFSHP2. It's called Game Audio Player, it's free and it works.

thnx PI

i like the tracks been wanting them :)

:afro:

Project Tweakers .. Tweakers IRC .. MSN contact: roswellalien670@hotmail.com .. Google ..

My Rig: Amd 2100+ .:|:. V7+, ASIII .:|:. Shuttle AK35GTR .:|:. 512mb Winbond DDR .:|:. ATI Radeon 8500 64mb .:|:. 2x 40gb Seagate ATA 100 .:|:. LG 40x16x10 .:|:. Liteon 16x DvD .:|:. Intel Pro B and 3com 10/100 nics .:|:. SB live 5.1 DE .:|:. Enermax 710b Windowed .:|:. LG 17" F700b .:|:.

Yeh it is good but I don't like a few things, NFS 3 Hot Pursuit still has many features not included in this version, like the ability to change the weather, time, gear ratio, steering speed, grip, cutomizable number plates etc.. Some of the cars seem to handle like its a boat. In NFS 3 there was a split screen option so 2 players could play on the one computer on the same keyboard, the multiplayer also had head to head, hot pursuit multiplayer which is one major part of the game missing IMO. I guess thats what cost cutting does inside EA. To me it seems a bit unfinished compared to the features in the original NFS 3 hot pursuit which is much better in gameplay than this version
    Robbo

Also here are some cheat or tweaks in the track.ini and cars.ini files, altering these can save you having to complete many races for points to unlock tracks and cars.
    here is an example

[track2]
    name=Parkland
    displayName=kTxtScenicDriveT13
    id=2
    loop=0
    trackDescrip=kTxtIntermediate
    m_price[0]=12500
    m_price[1]=12500
    m_price[2]=12500
    m_price[3]=12500
    length=12.4

This is track 2 of the tracks.ini file.
    the [0] = normal
    the [1] = backwards
    the [2] = mirror
    and the [3] = backwards mirror
    the value after that is the price you have to pay to unlock the track you can change it to any value you want so if you only wanted to pay 10 points it'd look something like this

[track2]
    name=Parkland
    displayName=kTxtScenicDriveT13
    id=2
    loop=0
    trackDescrip=kTxtIntermediate
    m_price[0]=10
    m_price[1]=10
    m_price[2]=10
    m_price[3]=10
    length=12.4

the cars.ini file will have many cars like this

[car0]
    name=911t
    mfrname=kTxtPORSCHE
    displayname=kTxt911Turbo
    class=3
    traffic=false
    price=10
    nfsprice=10
    stat0to60ID=kTxt911Turbo_0to60
    statTSID=kTxt911Turbo_TS
    statTSKPHID=kTxt911Turbo_TSKPH
    statHPID=kTxt911Turbo_BHP

as you can see for the price and nfs price I've changed the value to 10 so it costs me 10 points to unlock these cars.
    Do this to all cars and tracks in the respective .ini files and you'll have some VERY nice cars quickly and easily:thumb:
    Hope that helps someone
    Robbo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information