Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Will getting more RAM improve BF1942 for me?

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy
    Flaco, it seems to be with all Creative cards, so getting another Audigy isn't gonna help matters much. :(
    Doesn't hurt to try...today as a matter of fact i was playing WC3 and all sound went out..i was wtf...i still won the game tho...hehe
    - Damien

Quote Originally Posted by FLaCo
    Doesn't hurt to try...today as a matter of fact i was playing WC3 and all sound went out..i was wtf...i still won the game tho...hehe
    I tried it and it works great. The only problems i've had is that the sound will bug out since there's no hardware acceleration.
    ---------------------------

~~Money is for nothing, chicks for free~~

Beefy Guest

I occasionally get sound outages, usually when I've been multitasking out of BF. At least it's playable now though.

Ya, i had everything close that I could. I've been told by some people that have 512mb who upgraded to 768 have eliminated the stuttering completely but I don't know if they have audigy cards.

Again, i really don't think more memory will give you a performance boost in the game...better multi tasking tho...

Look at the others they have older hardware...and it can still keep up...have you tried removing the sound card...and see how it plays with out one...
    - Damien

Well, I turned down my hardware acceleration a bit and it helped a lot. It sometimes goofs up and the sounds now hiccup.

I wish EA would make games that work with all kinds of setups...just like ID software does it.

btw- I'm getting 1024mb of ram just for multitasking cuz that's what I do best.

I play it with 220% bots just to make the missions more interesting. If I try any more than that it starts bogging down the system. 250% isn't too bad, but 300% is unplayable.

I want more dammit. think i need a new CPU.. my old 1600+ ain't livin up to the task.

I'm gonna try turning hardware acceleration off too. thats one thing i haven't tried.
    Maybe that would make 250% better! hehehe.:thumb:

Quote Originally Posted by But_Why
    I play it with 220% bots just to make the missions more interesting. If I try any more than that it starts bogging down the system. 250% isn't too bad, but 300% is unplayable.

I want more dammit. think i need a new CPU.. my old 1600+ ain't livin up to the task.

I'm gonna try turning hardware acceleration off too. thats one thing i haven't tried.
    Maybe that would make 250% better! hehehe.:thumb:
    I wonder if this willl work with UT2003...

Quote Originally Posted by ry71984
    I wonder if this willl work with UT2003...
    I read from the Tweaktown UT2003 Tweak guide (linkie: http://www.tweaktown.com/document.ph...=guide&dId=392)
    that having it set to Hardware and EAX doesn't do anything for the SB Lives Needs an Audigy to do EAX...

I think he's referring to the difference between Hardware and non-Hardware (i.e. software), not EAX and hardware.

As with any game, if you have problems with sound, switching to or from hardware sound can improve performance and sound glitches. This is because the Hardware sound may not be fully compatible with your sound card, or it may be designed for your sound card. It all depends on which company's bandwagon the developers jump on.

I was surprised my Audigy didn't benefit from Hardware acceleration on BF1942 as it looked like they were favoring Creative cards, but experiment yourselves and see which works best - Hardware off or on.

And of course if you don't have an Audigy or Audigy 2, don't enabled EAX 3.0 as it won't work on other cards.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information