Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will getting more RAM improve BF1942 for me?

Here's my specs, I'm going to get another stick of 512mb DDR pc2100 so I'll have about 1024mb.

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ (1.73Ghz)
    ABIT USA KX7-333R Motherboard
    PNY Geforce4 Ti4400 128mb Graphics Card
    512mb Kingston DDR PC2100 RAM
    SB Audigy MP3+
    Lite-On 48x12x48x CD-R/RW
    LITEON DVD-ROM LTD-165H H1 T1
    Antec SX1040 Beige Case w/ 400w PSU
    Speakers are my CD player speakers
    Windows XP Pro
    ---------------------------

~~Money is for nothing, chicks for free~~

Honestly it prolly won't....Is that system lagging with BF1942?
    - Damien

Ya, it stutters a little bit and I've tried all of the things that Tweaktown reccomends for it's tweaking

Beefy Guest

I can't remember what was in the guide, but have you tried turning off Hardware sound? On most Creative soundcards this makes a hell of a difference..

Also, with that much RAM, you'll probably get some slightly faster loading times and a tiny performance increase, but don't expect too much.

I play with a GF3 / Athlon 1800+ / 512MB DDR and it runs fine on my machine.

Try what Beefy says..i have my That card and man that card is a *****...if it wasn'ty for the EAX its comes with i would geta hercules. I am gonna grab a Audigy from my friend and see how that baby works...
    - Damien

Your system shouldn't stutter at all, even with 512MB of RAM. I suspect you have something open in the background which is causing the problem.

I have an Audigy and I turn off Hardware Sound for best trouble-free performance.

Otherwise follow the guide and in particular follow the XP Guide linked to for setting the correct disk cache and virtual memory sizes which are very important.

Beefy Guest

Flaco, it seems to be with all Creative cards, so getting another Audigy isn't gonna help matters much. :(

Beefy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by PersianImmortal
    Otherwise follow the guide and in particular follow the XP Guide linked to for setting the correct disk cache and virtual memory sizes which are very important.
    They aren't that important. I'm got two default set-ups at home and they run fine. While it may make some difference, I wouldn't count on it.

Ok, I'll fiddle around with some of that junk and see if it helps me at all.

i have bf 1942 running on a p3 1ghz, 512 ram, gf4 4400 and i have no LAG/slowdows. the only thing that i can think of causing u lag is stuff running in the back ground.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information