Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Morrowind: Resource for this performance boosting file?

Hey, I am looking for a functional link to this file that stops the annoying checking every 20 secs. Note that I have purchased the game and you must have the CD in to play anyway..even with this file. This is for performance purposes ONLY. So on those grounds I do not consider it illegal. If the moderators do plz say so i will edit/delete asap. Thanks in advance.

Feel free to PM.
    The Axeman Cometh

If you're talking about the No-CD patch, the link and instructions for it are in my Morrowind Tweak Guide. The second link (Direct link to NoCD patch) works...I just double checked it.

If you're talking about the Safedisc checking...well as of the 2nd official patch from bethesda, there is no safedisc. It only has CD checking, and as I said, you can use the NoCD patch I link to in my guide to remove that.

All instructions and links to everything in that guide.

Thanks for the info. I guess I should have specified. The links work but the files that they ultimately link to are corrupt. I guess I was looknig for a file that works. :cheers:
    The Axeman Cometh

First of all, as I said the Safedisc check which used to affect performance has been removed as of the 2nd official Bethesda patch for Morrowind. So there are no performance hits anymore due to these checks. Only the CD check remains, which is annoying, but doesn't affect in-game performance.

Secondly, the files are not corrupt in that link. If you're using a download manager of some kind, turn it off - don't use it to download the files as that is what is corrupting them. This also happens sometimes if you try and download a new driver from the nVidia website using a download manager.

Here is the link to the No-CD .exe file from that site. Disable or override your download manager (e.g. hold SHIFT when clicking the link) and download it - everything will be fine :)

Thread Information