Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: America's Army

I have turned almost every setting to the minimum, but i still have average 15 fps. So isn't my computer enough for this game or do you have any tips?

Specs:
    900mhz Celeron
    Creative GeForce3ti200
    384mb ram

:cry: :thumbs do

Hey 15 fps ain't bad,if you camp or snipe!lol,j/k.Try updating your video and sound card drivers,get latest direct x.By the way,great video card,why did you cheap out on the processor?that's your problem right there.You can also check the many great tips and tweak guides hear at" TweakTown"look under the guides or articles section.If you can afford to,get rid of your celeron and get yourself a real pentium!
    A friend of mine,a friend of ours.
    What do i call you?

i upgraded my computer with that video card .
    The newer drivers to the vc slow my computer startup, so i'm not installing them :no: .

By the way are you crazy? im not installing directx 9!!! :hammer:

: peace:

[ added ]

the only thing you can do in america's army IS to camp and snipe

ahh, recommended processor: 1,4Ghz Pentium4 :cry:

: party ha :thumbs do

Aze,when you updated your drivers did you properly uninstall your old drivers?About dx9,i'm sorry I meant DX8.1.Your choice of processor is a good start,but have you thought about the newer Northwoods w/533 bus.Prices have dropped,go have a look at P4 2.4B w/533 and Asus P4PE motherboard.Btw did you check the tweak guides hear at TweakTown?
    A friend of mine,a friend of ours.
    What do i call you?

Yep, your CPU is limiting you severely, and that's the major cause of the problems. Upgrading to 512MB of RAM will also help a great deal.

Pentiums are good. But if your not loaded you should buy an AMD proccesor if your gonna go up a significant amount of speed. Im running an athlon xp 1800+(1533mhz). and Americas army runs Great. YOur video card is better than mine too. Go with AMD.

(youll have to buy a new Mother board):snip:
    ScarecrowMan

I have a 1.8 ghz processor, but its a celeron. I have a stock hp pavilion 513n, can I get americas army to run smooth? I don't know what my fps is, but I know that my AA runs choppy and laggy when lots of shooting starts. Any ideas?

Sadly a 1.8 Celeron would be one cause of problems as AA is quite CPU dependent. 512MB of RAM is sufficient, but you don't mention what graphics card you have. If it's an GeForceMX of any kind (GF2 or GF4) then even on a 3Ghz CPU that card is incapable of running AA smoothly.

America's Army is based on the Unreal Tournament 2003 engine, which means it has a lot of advanced features and even with all the options set to the lowest possible, some things like high polygon counts for characters and terrain, and audio effects like the SAW firing and so forth will cripple slower computers.

Try my America's Army Tweak Guide if you haven't already to see which settings have what affect on performance.

cpu and vidoe card is too slow to run teh game.

i got a quesiton, do we have to pay to play or download american army?
    My new gaming rig..

[size=1.28]asus a78nx-deluxe
    2x256mb pc 3200 ddr 400.(with cooling)
    athlon Xp 2500+ ( at 200x10=2000mhz .)
    seagate 80gb 8mb SATA
    Tt vlocano 7+ cpu cooling
    Clear case from HK.
    Leaktek fx5600 128mb
    enermax 350w PSU
    wireless internet setup[/size]

(game/ftp server) windows xp pro, duron 1.4ghz, 256mb pc 2100 2x40gb Hd, radeon 9200se chieftec dragon
    canada price watch :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information