Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: UT2K3 server w/ a router

Hey guys i have the UT2k3 demo, and i want to host a game. But i also have a router becuase we have like 5 computers, and they all need the net. So i knew, that because of that NAT or whatever, i prob. wouldn't be able to host a game. and of course i found that i was right. I tried it and it made a server, but i got on one of the other comps, and i could not see the server, even when it was a dedicated one. So do you guys know of a program t let me host a game through a router. The router is a Linksys Wireless 4 port switch oruter, and it is conected to AOL broadmand. So if you guys know of any program that will let me like ask for the player stats, please give me the name.

Beefy Guest

I'm assuming you have the BEFW11S4 Wireless Router or something similar. As far as I know, there's no actual software solution to something like this, as it's your router that's stopping all the traffic. However, if you check out <a href="ftp://ftp.linksys.com/pdf/befw11s4ug.pdf" target="_blank">this user guide</a>, on page 20 (33 on the actual page), you'll see information regarding port forwarding. All you need to do is set your router to forward all packets that the server uses to the computer that is running the server.

Example: You are running a game that uses TCP/UDP ports 3000 through to 3002 on computer 192.168.0.2. You'd simply set those ports to forward through to 192.168.0.2.

I'm not sure what ports UT2k3 uses, but it shouldn't be hard to find. Good luck.

Thanks alot man... Must have been a lot of trouble to do all of that..:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Thread Information