Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Colin McRae Rally 2 not running very good in XP?

Has anyone had the same kind of thing with the CMR2 and Win XP? The game was running quite smoothly with my old computer (Win 98SE, PIII 450MHz, 320MB, Radeon 7500, 800x600 32 Bit colours), but it wonīt run very good with my current computer, which is quite weird if you look the recommended system requirements. :rolleyes: (PIII 500MHz, 128Mb, 32Mb Craphic card) I have tried to run the game with 800 x 600 resolution, 16 Bit colours and all the other craphic setting in minimum and it still wonīt run without little slowdowns! :( Can the DirectX 9 cause these slowdowns...any ideas? :?: :?: :(

It can very well be dx9 that is causing this issue. :(
    I have a friend which couldn't get one of his older games to run smoothly on his high end machine together with this dx version...

:cheers:

F*****g DX 9!!! :mad: :grr: I only installed it, that I could run the 3DMark2003...got 207 marks! :rolleyes: :steam: IT REALLY WASNīT WORTH IT!!! :grr: :grr: :grr:

hehe just remember i said IT COULD be it.. So don't ditch it before trying some other things first, like another driver for your videocard etc.. :)

:cheers:

yeah, or I could use the XP:s system restore function, thoug I wouldnīt like to do that, cause I have installed new programs and updates and stuff, after I installed the DX9...but itīs not totally out of the question! :p :p I should probaply try those older drivers first... :rolleyes:

Thread Information