Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Prob. With Counterstrike and Geforce4

it just acts as if it cant draw the fps fast enough to display action or smoke grenades, which is odd because I never had this problem with smoke grenades before :mad: but Its going to drive me crazy until i figure this out :bounce:

Hey im running the mod version of CS though, could that have anything to do with it? Like would running the retail version be better for any reason? :cheers:

Well u say its not ure sytem, it aint ure drivers, it aint ure connection, wot else could it be:confused:
    What the fcuk happened to my sig?

maybe... it could be a configuration between the video card and the game? :?:

im not quite sure myself, but i've narrowed it down to that :woot:

Try turning all anti-aliasing and anistrophics filtering off on the cards prefrences that should boost framerate. There also an option for how good the graphics look turning that down may help performance as well.:thumb:

i've tried turning off all those settings. Also, I called Sierra and they told me it might be the mod version thats the problem, so I went out and bought the retail version and i still have the problem. No matter how fast my modem is it only happens ONLINE

You must have a bad ping:(

i dont have a bad ping :( it never goes higher than 20 on the servers I play on. I have ran tests on this. I never have any packet loss either. I hate computers :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Beefy Guest

forget rugbydude...

Do you remember if you had recently changed anything before the problems started occuring? I lot of people seem to have this issue with fairly good systems. Although it's a pain in the ass, you also might want to try wiping all your CS / HL stuff and reinstalling, then just throw on the latest patches and see how that runs. Aside from that, there's not a lot you can do, as far as I'm aware. Although I haven't touched the HL engine for 1 1/2 years now, so things have probably changed

I guess the sadest part is the fact that I have tried reinstalling counterstrike. I also went out and bought the retail version (which I returned anyways) and after that didnt work I tried reformatting completely, so now im sorta stuck, and I play that game so much... got any suggestions of another good game? :thumb:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information