Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Prob. With Counterstrike and Geforce4

For a while I've had a problem with FPS dropping really low. They started out at about 85fps (after I used the NV Refresh Rate Fix) Then would drop down to about 30-40 in game, when people would come on screen, or when someone would shoot at me. Unless I stared at the ground or a simple view, i would get bad fps. I updated everything, then reformatted. I even brought the video card back and swapped it and it still did the same thing. My friend has the same card, and he gets a constant 99fps. I noticed when I had this problem my fps would be changing so rapidly I couldnt tell what it said unless I printed the screen. Then recently, I reinstalled counterstrike by downloading the updates again, and now I get a constant 72fps??? Which still drops down under 50 in action, and under 40 in smoke grenades, which is odd because before it didnt drop in smoke grenades at all...

Anyways, I think theres some sort of configuration I need. Im trying to figure out either how to keep them from dropping so easily, or how to get the fps up to 99 so if they drop it wont be under 70 or 80. My specs are

1.8ghz P4
    1gig DDR PC2100 ram
    Geforce4 Ti 4200 64mb DDR
    running XP Home & Broadband internet

plz help :(

Try going onto PCpitstop and runing a full system test. This will tell you if you have any problems.:thumb:
    What the fcuk happened to my sig?

I just did. It doesnt say I have any problems... I dont think its a hardware issue :geek:

Wot Drivers are u running:confused:

i've tested on almost all the older drivers. I used to use 41.09 (the latest drivers) but Im currently using 42.70 which give the best performance with my card... and yes i've had this problem with each driver. All the other PC games I play run just fine, just seems to be this game

oh ok i typed in fps_max 99 in console, and now I have the origional problem, it drops just as bad still :mad: :mad: :mad:

Is this during internet play?:confused:

yep, but I always get really good speeds on the servers I play on. My ping average is about 20:)

Well if it only happens on internet play i'm gonna have to say its that. Maybe too many players hogging bandwith:confused: As theres is nothing wrong with ure system:thumb:

that cant be it though :confused: my friends that play on the same server dont have this issue, plus I have tried it on other servers... I have been troubleshooting this for more than 3 months now :cry:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information