Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: problems with america's army 1.6

this is going to be my last post on my problems with this game. i have uninstalled, re-installed programs, directx, drivers and all without any success with getting my fps and lag problems in game. i get like an average or 2.5 fps in game. and like 50 fps on the game's main screen. now without having to do anything physical to my computer is there anything i can do to get it to run better?

i have:
    p3 800mhz
    nvidia geforce4 mx 420 64mb
    512mb ram
    directx 9
    winxppro

i know it's not the best but it ran 1.5 fine and from some people i talk to they have comparably the same specs and run the game fine. so i'm thinking it's something with my os or who knows. i don't know much about these things and it's led me to start learning. so if anyone has any ideas that might help please do.

thanks

Have you tried my two WinXP Guides? XP Guide 1 in particular, and XP Guide 2.

Try them if you haven't, because they have all the known tweaks for XP Pro.

Next, try my AA Tweak Guide...it's not updated to 1.6 yet, but you should be able to see what the performance related settings do.

Finally, you have to understand that AA is based on the same engine as Unrealtournament 2003, so if you ramp up all the settings you'll get poor performance because it's an advanced engine.

I think your problems will be solved if you optimize your OS. It can't possibly be anything else that's at fault.

well, i tried those tweaks and nothing worked. so i'm taking it that my os is crapped out. this really sucks.

If you tried the WinXP tweaks too, then maybe it's time for a full reformat/reinstall buddy...

so that means i will lose all my info on my comp right? that will be a lot of cd burning to not lose some of the important stuff.

I guess it's up to you. THere's no way you should be getting around 3fps average if you're running on moderate to low settings on that machine.

If you really believe it's the OS that's at fault, then you'll need a clean install of it to work from, do all the tweaks in my first (and some from my 2nd) XP Guide and your system will run AA at its fastest possible rate.

As a rule you should be backing up the important data on your drive regularly anyway, in case of a random hard drive crash or disk corruption. I always back up once a month at least, onto 5 CDRWs, and it saved my ass when my old system decided not to boot up one day a month back.

Thread Information