Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which is better, CS or RTCW??

Its easy to spot the nade cheats in RTCW though as soon as you hear a constant bouncing of grenades you can go look for him, and they are usually very quickly gang raped and booted for their crimes.

MOH:AA owns, followed by cs since i really couldnt get into RtCW myself....
    SileNceR, Messenger of the Dark and the Night. To post quality, or not to post at all, THAT is the Question - Never again ask what can my post count do for me besides increasing my ego, but instead ask what can I do to help someone else!
    Overclockers Melbourne (http://www.ocmelbourne.com).

The realism arguement is SO damn stupid. Realism SUCKS in FPS games. If you think realism is an asset, then you wouldn't mind buying a game only to be killed once, and then banned from playing the game ever again. (because of course, you can only die once... HEY THATS REAL !! )

Mindless killing.. heh, there's more to quake than deathmatch, bahamut....

when they talk about realism, they mean in the way you shoot the guns, how fast you run with the gun, how many shots it takes to kill you (altho in cs the glock is way way way too weak), etc.

well either way i just showed that realism is not necessarily a positive aspect, and therefore is not something that should be attempted...

given that, why not take a look at all possible aspects and tweak them to provide added gameplay. speed things up ! make it harder to be good, take away pure spam weapons, and pure camping weapons, make every weapon powerful if used correctly in its own way. I could go on forever, but the speed is key. Easiest way to increase the difficulty and give the advantage to those with skill.

Beefy Guest

but then you alienate part of the market.. Some people like the faster, more reflex based game, while others prefer the slower, more accurate game.. it's all personal preference... some people like things to be semi-realistic, where you've got to be careful and precise in what you do.. other just like running around, firing all over the place..

other just like running around, firing all over the place..
    Thats it? Hahahaha!!!

Beefy Guest

oops.. missed an 's'... others

but that's basically all it is.. I know a lot of people love UT and games like that because they are fast paced.. no need to think about it too much.. whereas CS / Ghost Recon type games require you to slow down and actually think about what you are gonna do... you can't just run around corners, because you'll pay for it...

Quote Originally Posted by zeradul
    well either way i just showed that realism is not necessarily a positive aspect, and therefore is not something that should be attempted...

given that, why not take a look at all possible aspects and tweak them to provide added gameplay. speed things up ! make it harder to be good, take away pure spam weapons, and pure camping weapons, make every weapon powerful if used correctly in its own way. I could go on forever, but the speed is key. Easiest way to increase the difficulty and give the advantage to those with skill.
    Thats already been done. Unreal Tournament.

Again- its all up to the player/type of person. Im just not impressed or entertained with the mindless bs that ID spew out every year. Ill play it at a LAN, under extreme peer pressure only though. Ill never play it online. Id rather pull a toenail out with a hot poker. The only reason I even have Q3A installed is so I can play Urban Terror and benchmark my vid card.

Q3A is simply an eye-candy engine. I can feel the heat already- but youd have to be pretty 'slow' to actually enjoy the game.

Anyway, I find co-ordinating an assault and taking down some people with SKILL much more apealing than shooting someone is the chest with a rocket, then watching them fall off into space/bottomless pit to die from the fall, not the fact a 3foot long rocket just exploded in their face.

Beefy Guest

Like I always said, great minds think alike.. :) it's a shame you just basically summarised what I said, as well as having a little ***** about Quake 3 / ID (which i forgot.. i was trying to be nice)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information