Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which is better, CS or RTCW??

It's a conversation my friends and i have battled since RTCW's release....

Which is better? and why?

RTCW - no cheaters just yet.
    Onyx

TweakTown
    OCAU - Overclockers Australia
    CPF - CandlePower Forums

Antec 1080AMG with 430W TruePower

RTCW. Theres more teamworkand strategy with different classes in it

I haven't played RTCW as of yet, but since it is based on the Q3 engine, I'm guessing that it moves faster than the CS games do?

If so, then I would vote for RTCW just for that reason alone. CS is too damn slow paced for my enjoyment. ;)
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Im going to vote for neither.

and Darth- CS is meant to be slower than q3a/q3a based games because its a "realistic" game. Think about it, your approaching a room that is perhaps occupied with hostiles, do you:
    a) silently and slowly make your way around the corner and take them out as effeciently as possible or
    b) rocket jump into the area guns blazing and hope for the best.

choice b is ideal for people who like mindless carnage and really dont have the capacity to think things out.
    choice a is for those who wanna actually get some maturity and satisfaction from their games. (as one shot is all it takes to kill you)

anyway, cs is rapidly loosing its edge. Cheaters and the lowering of the realistic movement/weapons etc mainly. There are other higher quality mods out there. One of which is Urban Terror, which is for q3a. Its quite good.
    However, my fav is Tac-Ops. A UT mod that totally owns cs in every way.

ok, back on topic, id say rtcw is 'better' than cs only because its fun. CS no longer is with all the cheats.

Counterstrike is better for multiplayer!
    My System:
    AMD XP1700+@XP2000
    ECS K7S5a Motherboard
    512 MB PC2700 DDR Ram
    Geforce 2 Pro 64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Bahamut Zer0
    Darth- CS is meant to be slower than q3a/q3a based games because its a "realistic" game. Think about it, your approaching a room that is perhaps occupied with hostiles, do you:
    a) silently and slowly make your way around the corner and take them out as effeciently as possible or
    b) rocket jump into the area guns blazing and hope for the best.

choice b is ideal for people who like mindless carnage and really dont have the capacity to think things out.
    choice a is for those who wanna actually get some maturity and satisfaction from their games. (as one shot is all it takes to kill you)

Considering that I've already DONE the slow and sneaky stuff for real, I'll still vote for mindless carnage. CS tries to be realistic, but really fails in that aspect. Games based on the Q3A engine don't go for that as much... they are designed for those who want to go out and kill anything that moves.

Besides, when I play the alow paced games like CS, I tend to get bored easily. Reality or not, I want the speed to move me right along and not hold me back.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

rtcw canes CS, and mohaa is prolly on top of that - still waiting to have a hack at it...

the main prob with CS is that with all the cheats today; it could still be fun trying to get them, knowing how difficult it is, and you can sorta become a better player for it...however due to the fact that u die once in a round and have to wait for the next one, you get bored quick, whereas rtcw or even just DoD, you respawn into the game in near enuff time, to make the round and match more interesting.

i started looking at DoD and if you want slow, DoD will provide u with it :D

atleast when u suck at it, u can still be amused for wages due to the fact u get respawned in like 5 secs
    sKuLLsHoT
    www.morb.ath.cx

Quote Originally Posted by Onyx
    RTCW - no cheaters just yet.
    I think RTCW is better, but it does have cheats. There is atleast 2 I know of with invisablity and a grenade hack so you have infinate grenades and fire them off at the same rate as a machine gun!!

MOA:AA gets real boring, real quick.
    Dont get me wrong, its a great game, but it just doesnt have the lastability of the others. (DoD,Tacops/UT etc)

I have been playing CS since beta 3/5 and retired in 1.1
    I had planned on returning in 1.3, but cheats and the whole 'arcade' gameplay that CS now has turned, put me off.
    Perhaps the next release of Hl/CS with Valves new anti-cheat counter measures will be the cure. Somehow I doubt it, but its nice to think such things...

Nowadays Im playing DoD2.0 and Tacops.

If I want a game where my brain can be disconnected while im playing it, by all means, shove q3a in front of me.

And yes, there are cheats already for RTcW. Same goes for DoD.
    hopefully they wont get out of control like CS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information