Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your favorite games of ALL time!

Sooo we all have our moments of gaming bliss. The thing is some games provide more enjoyment than others. Then there are the games that are just outright stellar. This category is your favorite games! You don't have to list them in any type of order, just the title, and an explaination if your in your mood :afro:! When lots of people have posted their favorite games, it makes others want to try them. A lotta times people like the same types of things. If a game is truly great, chances are many people will like the game! When we have a ****load of games listed people can look through all of them, and find what they should try out :) LIST ON!

Half-Life (PC), Doom (PC), Counter-Strike (PC), Day of Defeat (PC), Einhander (PSX), Mickeys Magical Adventure (SNES), Street Fighter 2 Turbo (SNES), Chrono Trigger (SNES), The Legend of Zelda: A link to the past (SNES), Mario 3 (NES), Starfox 64 (N64), Super Smash Bro's (N64), Goldeneye (N64), Sonic Adventure (Dreamcast), NFL 2k1 (Dreamcast), Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time (SNES), GTAIII (PC), Command and Conquer: Tiberian Sun (PC), Diddy Kong Racing (N64), House of the dead II (Dreamcast), HOTD: III (Xbox), Serious Sam: The First Encounter (PC), Star Wars: A new hope (I think that's the name of the 2nd one...?(SNES), etc. I will probably add more later, but right now I am sooo friggin-darn tired I can't even think straight. :blah:
    Box:
    [Mobo] Asus A7N8X w/ Modified 1003 Uber BIOS w/ Custom Boot logo
    [CPU] Athlon XP 2200+ Thoroughbred
    [Memory] 512 Samsung PC3200 DDR400 w/ Copper Heatsink(s)
    [Video Card] Geforce 3 ti200 128 DDR Special Gold Edition

Cooling
    [Case] All aluminum Skyhawk case w/ custom cut blowhole
    [HSF] Volcano 11 Xaser Edition
    [Northbridge] ThermalTake Crystal Orb
    [Southbridge] Aluminum Northbridge heatsink attatched

Operating System:
    [OS] Windows XP Pro w/ SP1

Are you sick of poor quality 128k mp3's that sound inferior to regular CD's you buy in the store? Do you long for the exact sound of a CD with absolutly no quality loss, and at practically half the size of a normal CD? CD's get scratched all the time, and FLAC is great for archiving all those good copies of your classic rock, and backing them up to save forever. FLAC unlike mp3, or ogg vorbis is what is called a lossless format. This means that no quality whatsoever is lost from the origianl disk. Lossy formats such as ogg vorbis, wmv, and moreover mp3 are usually flat sounding, and full of hissing and dullness because they discard and literally throw out important information that controls how good the CD will sound. Using FLAC will ensure the crystal-clear clarity that you can expect from a freshly opened CD. Instead of flimsy CD cases that snap and CD's that scratch easily, and are inevitably summoned to a poor scratched up death; FLAC files can be stored in a tough metal box known as your Hard Disk. FLAC putting life back into digital audio. If you own legit copies of CD's and seek for them pre-FLAC'd for all your digital listening needs please shoot me a PM for more information.

Well...I loved super smash brothers, it was a riot to play with your friends, but know i LOVE LOVE LOVE Battlefield 1942 and UT2k3 is growing on me since UT1 was incredible for when it came out
    The one thing man learns from history is that man does not learn from history.

Although I love first-person games, real-time strategy games hit my sweet spot. Defiantely. Cossacks: European Wars, EU2, Age of Mythology, and WarcraftIII.

That is me

Chaotic Chaos:flames:

Super Mario Kart (SNES) Great to play with a couple of friends.
    Privateer 2: The Darkening (PC) and Virual Pool 2 (PC) Both kept me of the street for many hours.
    "Make FPS, not war"

I still Play the original UT as its one of the best multiplayer games ever. Doom is and always will be a classic [I still use Zdaemon to play it online under Win2k/xp form time to time..

my all time favorites ever have to be:
    Montezuma's Revenge [commodore 64] I played this puppy for hours on end.
    Futuristic basketball [Amiga] this was called Bill laimbeer's combat basketball on the origianl NES it was basketball with all kinds of weapons.
    Wrath of the demon [amiga] big time classic side scroller one of the best ever.
    Sonic the hedgehog games [sega] these were some of the fastest side scrollers ever made.
    Super mario/gianna sisters - other great side scrollers.
    Rick dangerous [commodore 64] think indiana jones on steriods..
    impossible mission [commodore 64] "ahh another visitor stay awhile stay foreverrrrrr"" nuff said..

DOOM LEGACY
    -|Soyo Dragon kt400 - XP 1600+ - 1 GB pc2700 - radeon 9700pro- Amstel Light|-

-|Mystery Mobo - celeron 1.2 - 256 whatver sdram - geforce4mx440 - Coors Light|-

In Order, most favorite listed first:

Top 3 - (All platforms, all games, all mods)
    Q2 CTF Multiplayer
    Q3 CCTF Multiplayer
    Q2 Jailbreak Multiplayer

Top 3 - Single Player PC
    MOH:AA
    Half Life
    1NSANE Off Road (Codemasters)
    * Haven't played BF1942 YET

Remaining Favorites (in order):
    Star Wars Jedi Knight II (single and multi-player)
    Warcraft III (multiplayer)
    Starcraft (multiplayer)
    Roller Coaster Tycoon
    Worms World Party (multiplayer)
    Warcraft II (multiplayer)

Ancient :
    Super Mario 1
    RC Pro AM
    Micro Machines (2 player NES racing game)
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

Best Arcade Games!

Double Dragon, Streetfighter2, Afterburner, NARCs (am i the only person who remembers this game?!?!-no one else ever seems to)

Ahh the amount of lunch school lunch money i fed into those:laugh:

Best PC Games

Counter Strike, Doom, Rainbow Six

:shoot3: :shoot3: :shoot3:

TES3: Morrowind
    Baldurs Gate 2 + expansion Throne of Bhaal
    Descent:Freespace 1+2

Soldier of Fortune II gets my vote
    Athlon XP 1800 + @ 1600
    Gigabyte Ga-7va KT-400
    ASus Gf4 Ti 4200 128
    Seagate Barracuda III