Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 11 of 185 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Default Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    all windows updates installed? Intel Chipset drivers installed? All other drivers updated from the Gigabyte site for your board?
    Ok sorry itís taken me a while to reply but wanted to be certain what was causing my easytune 6 and des not to work. I have a slipstream disk of vista 64 and all the apps I need, made up with a boot loader installed to get around the vista activation every time I format (regularly).so I used the original vista disk installed all the service packs and easytune 6 and des works fine, soon as I installed the boot loader same problem both fail. hope this helps a few of you guys with the same problem will have to do it the slow way and install all separately or make new slipstream disk without the boot loader.:)<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Ya, bootloaders have been known to cause many issues. If you are using a "Bootloader" for the obvious reason then maybe you should just MOD your BIOS or get a Modded one.

Hi,

I just found you, guys, and I'd like to ask a question: i have an EX58 UD-5 Gigabyte mobo with an i7 920 processor. But I had to send it back to the reseller because when I started it for the first time, i was able to enter into the bios. I turned off my computer, and after a restart I tried to install an OS, but no screen, no boot, just an "A6" (or "6A" I'm not sure now) error code on the mobo.
    Somebody know what is that error code mean?
    Thanks.

Well I would need to know for sure try to find you the info, but I l;ooked around a bit and cannot find anything about either.

Did you troubleshoot anything or just send it back? Could have just been incorrect settings with your ram or something

Thanks for trying. I don't think it was my ram, because when I first started the computer, I saw posting the biosn my screen. After that, I mounted another new hdd (similar with the one that was mounted in) and tried to start the comp again. This time I couldn't see anything (except the error code on the mobo) so I just unmounted the second HDD, but it continued to show me the same error. Anyway, I wrote to the Gigabyte tech support a few days ago and just received an e-mail that my problem will be solved after 4th january . So, let's see what will happen.

Ahh so you already RMA'd then eh? Well if so, good luck with your new board! Hope it is ok! In the mean time if you can try to check both those drives on another PC to be sure they are ok

Sorry, perhaps i wasn't too clear. I bought my board in Bucharest, Romania, and here isn't so easy to change a smashed board. I sent it back, but I'm not sure if I will receive a new one, or the guys from the service will told me that I was the one who smashed it (in this case, I'll have to buy a new one). The board is still in service, and I don't think they'll tell me anything about the problem until 15-20th of January. So I saw you discussing a lot of different problems about this new board, and I thought perhaps some of you know about this particular error code.
    Anyway, thanks for help and Happy New Year for everybody.

Hi,

I don't know if Janus is still around here, but I have read quite a few threads where he has replied and he seems to have provided information that you wouldn't find anywhere else on the web, so I am hoping to get some help either from Janus or someone who replaced Janus.

I have a GA-P35-DQ6(rev1.0) motherboard and I have flashed the latest BIOS (F9b) many months ago but still have my issue since around april.

I got the board last year and it worked fine for at least 4months and then I get a warm boot problem.

To reproduce the problem: Shut down your operating system, and power the machine back on without turning off at the mains.

Symptoms: Upon pressing the power button the power LED on the case stays on constant, power supply has and continues to send power to all devices and fans as I hear them start spinning and making their usual noises. The monitor stays in the standby mode (waiting for a VGA signal).

Workaround: I cant press the power switch to power off the machine so I have to use either the power supply switch or the mains switch to turn off my machine, my power supply will beep on and off until power drains from it. I can then turn on the main/power supply switch to on and press the power button and 99.9% of the time it boots normal until the next shutdown.

I believe this is a motherboard design flaw/mothetboard fault and it is similar to some posts I have read on the net but no one describes it exactly like my problem.

If you think it is bios setting related I will try anything, if you need to know about my hardware and what I have connected to the motherboard from the power supply then just ask.

EDIT: I have also just found out from a friend across the water that he has the same issue with a GA-MA78GM-S2H (rev1.1) so it's not just me.
    Last edited by infiniti25; 12-31-2008 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Confirmed second case

Ahh, sorry to hear that antivir!! Well I wish you luck with getting a good reply from them!

@ Infiniti25

Are you overclocked? Yes, please do tell us more, I would like if you could post your full specs and link to your ram if you can as well.

When you flashed your BIOS to F9b, did you reboot and load and apply/save/reboot optimized defaults and then reboot back to the BIOS to make all your needed changes? If not you must do this, otherwise the flash may not fully implement all hidden settings properly. If you did not ever do that please do, and remember to any other time you flash as well it is a MUST. On that note, did you try F9a as well? They both are said to be working fine

And Please fill this out with what settings you are using so I can have a look at what you are running >>>

This is Just a template I use to ask people their settings, pay no attention to the numbers in it, replace with yours

Code:
    Robust Graphics Booster___________ [Auto]
    CPU Clock Ratio ____________ [8] 
    Fine Clock Ratio ____________[0.5]
    CPU Host Clock Control_ [Enabled]
    CPU Host Frequency (MHz)__________ [450] 
    PCI Express Frequency (Mhz)_______ [100]
    C.I.A. 2__________________________ [Disabled]
    System Memory Multiplier (SPD)____ [2.00]
    DRAM Timing Selectable_______ SPD __ [Manual]

Performance Enhance = [Standard]

CAS Latency Time________________ ?
    Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay_________ ?
    Dram RAS# Precharge Delay_______?
    Precharge Delay (tRAS)__________ ?

ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)_________ ?
    Rank Write to READ Delay________ ?
    Write to Precharge Delay_________ ?
    Refresh to ACT Delay______________ ?
    Read to Precharge Delay__________ ?
    Static tRead Value_______________
    Static tRead Phase Adjust________ [Auto]

CPU/PCIEX Clock Driving Control [800mV]
    CPU Clock Skew Control [normal]
    GMCH Clock Skew Control [Normal]

System Voltage Control____ [Manual]
    DDR2 OverVoltage Control__ [+0.300V] 
    PCI-E OverVoltage Control_ [+0.1V] 
    FSB OverVoltage Control___ [+0.1V] 
    (G)MCH OverVoltage Control [+0.1V] 
    CPU Voltage Control_______ [1.25]

Limit CPUID Max. to 3.....................: [Disabled]
    No-Execute Memory Protect............: [Enabled]
    CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E)................: [Disabled]
    C2/C2E State Support....................: [Disabled]
    x C4/C4E State Support..................: [Disabled]
    CPU Thermal Monitor 2(TM2) ...........: [Enabled]
    CPU EIST Function.........................: [Disabled]
    Virtualization Technology................: [Disabled] Enabled if you use Vmware/Virtual PC

Integrated Peripherals
    Legacy USB Storage Detect___________________[Disabled] *Note* Must be enabled to flash from USB

Hi,

I have had this issue for a long time now and it still persists after trying all bios revisions above f5 which the board came with. I dont want to flash any lower incase I lose CPU support or something.
    I found your BIOS flashing guide yesterday just after I posted and followed the steps best I could. I used the battery removal method and even tried to power on without the battery in to see if I would get the back checksum error, but nothing. Got my usual boot problem on the first power on and then subsequent power on attempts followed a 1 second burst of life followed by a 2 second downtime.
    I managed to get the machine to power up after the battery was put back in after a few tries.
    I then flashed the bios from my usb drive, rebooted, loaded Optimized Defaults & set vDimm to +0.30v.
    Still had the boot problems so I flash back to F6 and still got the problems.
    I think its to do with Gigabyte being skimpy with the power VRM thing, I read they say its a 6 phase but its not a true 6 phase its two 3 phases working together.

My System includes

CPU: Intel Kentsfield Q6600 2.4GHz 8MB L2 cache, G0
    RAM: OCZ Gold 8GB kit(OCZ2G8008GQ)
    Mobo: Gigabyte GA-P35-DQ6(rev1.0)
    Gfx: Sparkle PCI-e 8800GT 1GB Silent Pipe
    HDD: 2x Seagate 500GB ST3500320AS 32MB cache SATA2, 1x Western Digital Caviar 250GB WD2500YD 16MB cache SATA-300
    DVD-RW: Lite-On DH-20A1S18C DVD-RW/R/RAM SATA
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 1000W DXX(DX10) Modular
    Cooling: Swiftech Apogee GTX waterblock, Swiftech Xeon watercooling kit (resevoirless)
    Floppy:None
    USB: Logitech G5 7button gaming mouse, Logitech UltraX slimline keyboard

I have overclocked lots of times before this problem occured and lots since this problem occured.
    I do remember in early january/february 2008 that there was a really faint squealing noise from the motherboard, but that went away and I dont remember how long I had it for or what caused it.

All my bios settings remain intact during this problem its related to when I first press the power on button, if the power led stays on then the system just isn't booting. I hold the power on button and turn the psu power switch off until the psu led goes out so I know its drained then I switch the psu switch back on and power on immediately and it works until next shutdown.

Could you confirm whether or not the BIOS stores a copy on the hard drive? I don't remember where but I read that because it is supposed to be quad bios that it stores a copy on the hard drive if the main bios fails to load. Could the copy on the hard drive be corrupt or out of date?
    I do still have the boot problem with no hard drives connected.

Another question, I have never plugged in the 12v 4pin molex connector (not to be confused with the CPU's 4/8pin 12v connector which I always plug in the full 8pins) because I read it was for when I would use both PCI-e slots. I dont use both slots but I wondered if it would bring extra power to the graphics card which already has 1xpci-e 6pin power connector plugged in (only has one power socket).

Code:
    Robust Graphics Booster___________ [Turbo]
    CPU Clock Ratio ____________ [9] 
    CPU Host Clock Control_ [Enabled]
    CPU Host Frequency (MHz)__________ [400] 
    PCI Express Frequency (Mhz)_______ [100]
    C.I.A. 2__________________________ [Disabled]
    System Memory Multiplier (SPD)____ [2.00]
    DRAM Timing Selectable_______ SPD __ [Auto]

Performance Enhance = [Turbo]

CAS Latency Time________________ [Auto]
    Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay_________ [Auto]
    Dram RAS# Precharge Delay_______[Auto]
    Precharge Delay (tRAS)__________ [Auto]

ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)_________ [Auto]
    Rank Write to READ Delay________ [Auto]
    Write to Precharge Delay_________ [Auto]
    Refresh to ACT Delay______________ [Auto]
    Read to Precharge Delay__________ [Auto]
    Static tRead Value_______________ [Auto]
    Static tRead Phase Adjust________ [Auto]

CPU/PCIEX Clock Driving Control [N/A]
    CPU Clock Skew Control [N/A]
    GMCH Clock Skew Control [N/A]

System Voltage Control____ [Manual]
    DDR2 OverVoltage Control__ [+0.40V] 
    PCI-E OverVoltage Control_ [+0.10V] 
    FSB OverVoltage Control___ [+0.10V] 
    (G)MCH OverVoltage Control [+0.150V] 
    CPU Voltage Control_______ [1.42500V]

Limit CPUID Max. to 3.....................: [Disabled]
    No-Execute Memory Protect............: [Disabled]
    CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E)................: [Disabled]
    C2/C2E State Support....................: [Disabled]
    x C4/C4E State Support..................: [Disabled]
    CPU Thermal Monitor 2(TM2) ...........: [Enabled]
    CPU EIST Function.........................: [Disabled]
    Virtualization Technology................: [Enabled]

Integrated Peripherals
    Legacy USB Storage Detect___________________[Enabled]
    Last edited by infiniti25; 01-01-2009 at 11:12 PM.

Page 11 of 185 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread Information