Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 112 of 185 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1846

Thread: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Default Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Yes, that is very likely the issue!

You need an older CPU such as 920 to post with so you can update the BIOS to F6 so it will be compatible with your 960 CPU.

How do you know BIOS F1 is flashed in there now?
    Gigabytes "global technical service" also said that was more than likely the problem as well after exhausting other possiblities. They referred me to the rma division to get it flashed with the F11 BIOS, just wanted a second opinion. I am fairly sure the BIOS is F1 or whatever original is, this board has been stored in box with the anti-static bag for almost a year now, due to unemployment I was forced to sell all other components and keep my crappy dell (cause those are HARD to sell!). It was only in use for less than a month and I don't remember ever udating the BIOS. I knew it would be a risk getting the 950 but i was hoping to at least get to the BIOS to flash.
    Thanks for the input and nice name

C

Quote Originally Posted by cip88 View Post
    Hello,
    I need some assistance with a GA-EX58-UD3R (Rev 1.0) board. This board was manufactured in 09 week 19. I recently purchased some new components for a second build with updated components. My problem is POST fails and I get a beep code that specifies a "power error". The PSU is brand new and to my understanding compatible with the board. I have tried many suggestions in order to get into BIOS but nothing works. All fans run and the phase LED's fully light up indicating max load on processor, only a few seconds after the beep code sounds. Is it possible that the older BIOS and the new i7 950 3.06 processor could be the problem, the gigabyte web site does indicate processor as compatible but with the F6 BIOS. Here are my system components. GA-EX58-UD3R (Rev 1.0)BIOS F1
    Intel i7 950 3.06GHz w/intel heatsink fan
    Thermaltake TR2 RX 750W PSU
    Gigabyte GeForce GTS 450 1G-GV-N450-1GI PCI-E 2.0
    Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1.5v TR3X6G1333C9 (2Gx3 kit)
    WD 1TB Caviar Green SATA Intellipower 64MB Cache WD10EARS
    Samsung BluRay internal SATA w/lightscribe SH-B083L/RSBP
    2 Coolermaster 120mm fans
    Windows 7 HP 64b(not yet installed)
    Coolermaster Elite 334 SE Nvidia case
    Any insight will be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks C.
    you already know your problem flash it with the F6 BIOS and your problem will be solved.

Thumbs up Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Quote Originally Posted by cloud69 View Post
    you already know your problem flash it with the F6 BIOS and your problem will be solved.
    Ya I know it sounds like a simple fix but I simply don't have an old or used $285 920 just laying around to use.....lol

your best bet would be to take the chip and mb and latest bios on a usb stick to a local pc store and ask if they could flash it for you? or rma to gigabyte for them to do it
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cool Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Quote Originally Posted by wazza300 View Post
    your best bet would be to take the chip and mb and latest bios on a usb stick to a local pc store and ask if they could flash it for you? or rma to gigabyte for them to do it
    Thanks wazza300, I will look into the cost and time frame and compare with the gigabyte rma option. Gigabyte's global tech service online has already referred me in the rma direction and I have just received the ok for rma today. I was slightly leary of the online tech service from gigabyte because of the 3rd grade grammer when the support team replied! Second opinions are always a must.
    Thanks again to all of you that replied!
    Cip88

EDIT: Anyone have experience with gigabyte and rma's, TIME FRAME wise of course.
    Last edited by cip88; 11-12-2010 at 11:44 PM. Reason: add comment

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Gigabytes "global technical service" also said that was more than likely the problem as well after exhausting other possiblities. They referred me to the rma division to get it flashed with the F11 BIOS, just wanted a second opinion. I am fairly sure the BIOS is F1 or whatever original is, this board has been stored in box with the anti-static bag for almost a year now, due to unemployment I was forced to sell all other components and keep my crappy dell (cause those are HARD to sell!). It was only in use for less than a month and I don't remember ever udating the BIOS. I knew it would be a risk getting the 950 but i was hoping to at least get to the BIOS to flash.
    Thanks for the input and nice name

C
    Ya I think that's all you need, maybe you could find a cheap CPU on ebay or borrow from a friend to flash with?

Thanks wazza300, I will look into the cost and time frame and compare with the gigabyte rma option. Gigabyte's global tech service online has already referred me in the rma direction and I have just received the ok for rma today. I was slightly leary of the online tech service from gigabyte because of the 3rd grade grammer when the support team replied! Second opinions are always a must.
    Thanks again to all of you that replied!
    Cip88

EDIT: Anyone have experience with gigabyte and rma's, TIME FRAME wise of course.
    Don't know anyone you can borrow a 920 from? Or go to their house and make them let you use their CPU to flash with?

RMA is about 2 weeks give or take, probably just that or less since you live right there. You may even be able to call them up and see if you can bring your board by the office for a update, worth a try calling for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Ya I think that's all you need, maybe you could find a cheap CPU on ebay or borrow from a friend to flash with?

Don't know anyone you can borrow a 920 from? Or go to their house and make them let you use their CPU to flash with?

RMA is about 2 weeks give or take, probably just that or less since you live right there. You may even be able to call them up and see if you can bring your board by the office for a update, worth a try calling for sure!

I sent if off yesterday to gigabyte, the local shop wanted too much money compared to the shipping. I wish I had a friend with a 920 rig, I would have been up and running a week ago!
    Now I wait patiently.....
    Cip

I have a problem since I installed Window 7. I cant install Gigabyte drivers.What should I do?? I have GA-X38 DQ6.

What Gigabyte driver are you trying to install, it may not be needed.

Whatever it is, be sure you are using the latest drivers from your motherboard download page, or directly from the source such as Intel, Realtek, ect.
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 11-24-2010 at 02:05 AM.

Thread Information