Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 116 of 185 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1846

Thread: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Default Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

I just updated from WinXP SP3 to Win7 (long overdue) and swapped in a new slave HD for an older, smaller one. My primary HD and boot partition remained unchanged, aside from now being Win7.

Long story short, I'm hearing periodic static in my speakers, and my LED debug code is "dC" - which I can't find anywhere. System seems to be working just fine, but I figure the code is on for a reason, and I really don't like the idea there might be a voltage issue or something.

Specs:
    *GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD5 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard
    *PNY VCG98GTXPXPB GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16
    *ZALMAN ZM750-HP 750W Continuous @ 45C (Maximum Continuous Peak: 850W) ATX12V V2.2 / EPS12V V2.91 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified
    *Intel Core i7-920 Bloomfield 2.66GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor
    *G.SKILL 3GB (3 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9T-3GBNQ

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Does it always show DC on the debug code LED?

Does this happen with no BIOS changes, I mean just Optimized Defaults loaded?

What BIOS are you using? Maybe you should update if it is an older version, if you do please use Qflash to update and be sure you disable "Keep DMI Data" in Qflash before you flash.

Here is a guide on how to flash
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ash-guide.html

And here is the latest BIOSes
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...test-bios.html

hey guys just wondering do you know what the post error f7 means im using an x58a-ud5 motherboard thanks.

F7 could be 7F

2b
    When the system powers on and the Debug LED shows the usual POST code sequence but hangs on 2b or you get a beep code as soon as the sequence reaches 2b, then the Mainboard cant detect your Videocard properly. Note that the POST code sequence might not halt at 2b but continue, so the final POST Code it displays could be FF, 00 or 7F which means the Maiboard booted, entered BIOS, or OC recovery kicked in and is waiting for Input to enter BIOS. Since the Videocard couldnt be detected properly you will only see a black Monitor and either 2b, FF, 00 or 7F. Check if there is something wrong with the Videocard, the PCIE slot or BUS, the Monitor or monitor cable. Turn the Monitor on and off, switch the Monitor cable from one D-SUB or DVI plug to the other in case your Videocard has two. If this doesnt help then reboot and load the optimized defaults. If that doesnt help either try another Videocard if possible, or try the Videocard in another system to make sure its working properly. Try another monitor or try the Monitor on another System.

7F
    When the system detects that a critical error happened during the last boot attempt or several boot attempts failed, so OC recovery kicked in. There should be a message displayed on the Display informing you that OC revocery kicked in and that its waiting for your input to enter BIOS. If you cant see this message cause your Display stays black, please check the description for POST Code 2b.

Hi,

While my mob already has a fantastic onboard audio solution I decided to give a try to a dedicated card; my specs:
    GA-EX58 extreme (last bios)
    i7 920
    GTX 260
    Asus Xonar D2 (PCI version, not PCI-EX)

I have just bought an Asus Xonar D2 audio card to fully enjoy some feature in a 5.1 configuration, or at least that was my idea.

Well the problem has come when I have installed the new card (disabling the azalia codec in Bios, uninstalling old drivers, etc.)... while I can fully assure that there is not a software/hadware conflict neither a wrong installation I experiencing only problems.

As soon as I reproduce any sound file or source I can clearly hear distortions, artifacts, glitchs or delays in the sound. Really a pity considering I had not any problem with your onboard chip.

Then I decided to take a look at the official Asus web & forumsas well as in Google in order to find a solution. I found it:

1.It seems to be a common problem in any Asus audio card. 4.0, 5.1 & 7.0 configurations are totally bugged. Related to drivers issues. While I have found thousands of posts in the Official forums (not here) reporting these problems I have not found any solution neither answer by the Asus Support department. A shame.... I have been force to use unofficial drivers to have an acceptable management of a HQ audio card.

2.The problem (or my problem) is related to DCP or PCI latency. Reading some post and documentation I discovered that the problem could be related to extreme PCI latency.
    I have downloaded this program: DPC Latency Checker

Just to see that my constant stutters and delays are provoked by periodic peaks in the latency:

Testing any audio source with MPC I can identify the sound stutters & delays every time I see a peak in the program.

And here the question: while the general info I have found in the web and the program documentation leads the user to find the problem in already installed devices or drivers I have not been able to identify the problem.
    99% sure that the problem is not here; I have disabled all, and I have said "all", the devices that can be disabled in windows to identify the problematic driver/device without results.

So I can only try to find the solution in the Bios configuration.
    The Onboard audio is disabled, I'm using raid config for my HDDs (not sure if it could be a problem) and I have tried to disable on bios any other device one by one (Lan, usb, firewire, ...) in order to isolate the problem. No result.
    So if disabling those non PCI-friendly devices/drivers in the SO and the Bios is not working maybe the problem is related with the PCI latency itself or a wrong config. in bios.

Here I ask you to know if there is some setting which could be provoking the problem.
    Also I would like to know if there is a way to set the PCI latency on bios because the PCI latency tool is not working for me in windows (instant crah) so I can not set it by hand to try a possible workaround.

I hope someone can help me because I'm really astonished with Asus Support & High quality audio card no-quality and after their non-helpful answer my unique possibilities are the search of a solution by myself or -if possible- returning the audio card to the shop.

Thank you so much, Isabel.
    Last edited by Isabelxxx; 12-30-2010 at 09:48 AM.

Remove Asus card, problem solved

This is a Gigabyte board you are using, and they are rivals, so it maybe planned that way?

I will do it...

Also I'm trying to install windows XP 64 bits with a floppy disk including the raid drivers for x64 so but there is a problem with them.
    ICH8R/ICH9R/ICH10R DO SATA RAID CONTROLLER is missing or at least the nomenclature has changed in new drivers.

These are the available raid drivers:

"Intel(R) ESB2 SATA RAID Controller"
    "Intel(R) ICH7R/DH SATA RAID Controller"
    "Intel(R) ICH7MDH SATA RAID Controller"
    "Intel(R) Desktop/Workstation/Server Express Chipset SATA RAID Controller"
    "Intel(R) Mobile Express Chipset SATA RAID Controller"

But the ICH10R Raid is not here... maybe "Intel(R) Desktop/Workstation/Server Express Chipset SATA RAID Controller"?

Ya, looks like they just changed the names of everything in the RST 10 package.

This is from the Readme, looks like you will only see the one you are used to if you are installing in AHCI mode, so yes I do believe the one you mentioned is the one you should choose.

RAID Controllers:
    - Intel(R) Desktop/Workstation/Server Express Chipset SATA RAID Controller
    - Intel(R) Mobile Express Chipset SATA RAID Controller
    - Intel(R) ESB2 SATA RAID Controller
    - Intel(R) ICH7MDH SATA RAID Controller
    - Intel(R) ICH7R/DH SATA RAID Controller

AHCI Controllers:
    - Intel(R) Desktop/Workstation/Server Express Chipset SATA AHCI Controller
    - Intel(R) Mobile Express Chipset SATA AHCI Controller
    - Intel(R) 5 Series/3400 Series SATA AHCI Controller
    - Intel(R) 5 Series 4 Port SATA AHCI Controller
    - Intel(R) 5 Series 6 Port SATA AHCI Controller
    - Intel(R) ICH10D/DO SATA AHCI Controller
    - Intel(R) ICH10R SATA AHCI Controller
    - Intel(R) EP80579 SATA AHCI Controller
    - Intel(R) ICH9M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller
    - Intel(R) ICH9R/DO/DH SATA AHCI Controller
    - Intel(R) ICH8M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller
    - Intel(R) ICH8R/DH/DO SATA AHCI Controller
    - Intel(R) ESB2 SATA AHCI Controller
    - Intel(R) ICH7M/MDH SATA AHCI Controller
    - Intel(R) ICH7R/DH SATA AHCI Controller

Exactly, it's that generic driver.
    I have selected it and Windows recognize the raid; then in the SO it appears as ICH10R device and not as a generic/unified driver.

Also I have found the problem with the sound card by mistake: DES ADVANCE 2 (aka Energy saver 2). In fact the intensive management of the voltage was provoking high DCP latencies.

I will send this report to Gigabyte because it's something really important to consider before enabling DES 2. Any PCI card becomes unusable in real or professional environments.
    Delays in CPU are not necessarily a problem for standard users but Graphic cards, sound cards, PCI SATA RAID controllers, etc. becomes unstable in the practice.

These high latencies are present even if I take out the Xonar D2 but I didn't be aware of them until now. This could explain some periodic and instantaneous stutter in some games I was experiencing even when I have a PC which could support any high settings.
    For some reason the Realtek onboard sound chip works perfect even with these high latency peaks, it should be related to its "on-board" attribute or some type of cache used to pre-load the data and then send all as a capacitor.

As I showed something was provoking high peaks in the DCP latency

And here the test and evidences:

While performing the tests I have used
    Media Player Classic - Home Cinema which is known by it's great performance while using low resources. This ensures that the DCP latency and CPU usage are not determined by the reproduction itself.
    Anyway I'm using a high specs PC:

Core i7 920 - 3,4 GHZ

12 GB RAM - 1600 MHZ
    GTX 260
    RAID 0 with SO + 2 HD outside the raid storing the music files.
    SO: Windows XP 64 bits
    Audio card: Xonar D2 PM (tested that it's working properly)

I have been running MPC with some DTS original files (Dire Straits-Sultans of Swing DTS cd) which use the 5.1 speaker system; this along with 4.0 and 7.1 systems are really susceptible to sound stutter, delays, etc... which will allow me to clearly identify the sound errors & dropouts with the DCP high latency peaks.

The tool to measure the DCP latency:
    DPC Latency Checker whose documentation leads the user to revise devices and drivers to isolate the problem. I have been checking all my devices one by one and there is no conflicts by this side.

Test 1: Activating DES 2. LEVEL 1

Test 2: Activating DES 2. LEVEL 2

Test 3: Activating DES 2. LEVEL 3

Test 4: Deactivating DES 2. OFF.

The experience: In tests 1, 2 & 3 the sound suffers heavy stuttering (more with higher DES levels). The times the problems in sound are audible match with the peaks showed by the DCP latency tool.

Listening to music provokes headache. A HQ sound card as it's supposed to be the Xonar D2 (properly configured) is simply not working neither offering me a high resolution sound with my 5.1 speaker system. Games (testing it apart) don't work properly because of the DCP latency and I'm force to use the onboard audio chip to have a stable system.

Many users would not experience these problems because of not using PCI devices. While PCI express cards should not suffer these DCP latency problems due to their characteristics, PCI cards does. So having any PCI card with DES enable does provokes system instability: in my case the sound card provoked crashes in games, stutter in any sound source, lag, ... PCI RAID controllers would simply shutdown the system or provoke corruption in data.

As soon as DES was deactivated the DCP latency becomes stable and finally I can enjoy the MPC reproduction without any stuttering. Problems solved.

I have been manually setting DES 2 to test if there are some specific configurations which provokes these DCP unstable latency without result; simply activating DES the problem starts, no configuration solves it.

Last edited by Isabelxxx; 01-01-2011 at 12:59 AM.

Sorry I didn't think to mention that about DES (Easytune also sometimes), but I assumed you hadn't installed anything like that or had already unintstalled it in your testing.

Sorry about that, yes please uninstall it fully and easytune too and reboot and see if you still have issues.

Thread Information