Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 118 of 185 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1846

Thread: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Default Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Well, initial results seem to say that charging on the rear USB port is working... on/off charge doesn't seem to work any better, but this will require more testing. For now the on/off charge isn't draining my battery which is a small improvement.

Any knowledge of if there is the possibility of TRIM on RAID in the future as (some) intel mobos have firmware that now supports TRIM in RAID for SSDs?

Quote Originally Posted by Edited in light of new findings
    Intel® Rapid Storage Technology 9.6 supports TRIM in AHCI mode and in RAID mode for drives that are not part of a RAID volume.

A defect was filed to correct the information in the Help file that states that TRIM is supported on RAID volumes.
    I think I just answered the above question and maybe you understand why I was asking it the way I did?

Bought a multimeter, but the thing came with dead batteries so I'm not able to actually test my 12v rail yet. If you're curious, I'm using this guide to educate myself on proper testing methods. Considering I bought a 1000HX, I'll be talking to corsair if any of this 12v nonsense is actually true.

Edit: Upon further testing, the on/off charge works great now. This is weird that both version FA and FB didn't work but FC (which was supposed to improve SATA) is the one that fixes my problem?
    Last edited by draemn; 01-14-2011 at 03:37 AM.
    GA-X58A-UD5 rev 2.0 & i7-930 batch 3015A245
    Kingstong HyperX DDR3 6GB
    SLI GTX 460 1GB gigabyte o/c edition @ 715Mhz core + GTX 240 1GB PhysX
    OCZ Agility 2 60GB SSD + 2x WD Caviar green 500GB 32mb cache RAID 1
    NZXT Phantom - white finish & corsair 1000HX

Hello! I have an irritating issue, using P67A-UD4. It shipped with F3 BIOS. I've tried to flash MoBo with F6, F6x and F7B. When MoBo should only reset or set settings to default because of failed overclocking, it starts flashing F3 from second BIOS chip. Is it a feature, or a bug? I'm tired of flashing BIOS.

Rest of the config - Core i5 2500K, 4x1gb DDR3 (Samsung chips), Gigabyte GTX460 768mb (reference pcb), Chieftec CFT-850G-DF.

PS Hoping, i described my problem clearly.
    Sorry for my English

Chike is offline Senior Member

Flashing the backup BIOS to the main BIOS is a feature of the dual BIOS, but it should do so only if it finds the main BIOS is corrupted.

Quote Originally Posted by Chike View Post
    Flashing the backup BIOS to the main BIOS is a feature of the dual BIOS, but it should do so only if it finds the main BIOS is corrupted.
    i know what is dual BIOS, but it's flashing too often =(

for example,
    i'm trying to boot at 51x100. Having no boot, MoBo starts twice, and then writes, that overclocking failed.
    I'm going into BIOS, set 50x100 and have the same (having no boot, MoBo starts twice, and then writes, that overclocking failed)
    Again, i'm going into BIOS, set, for example 46x100, and have no boot. Then MoBo starts, shows a message that BIOS is corrupted and start flashing F3.

Or i've got BSOD while testing stability of my overclock and after i pressed reset, mobo shows a message that BIOS is corrupted and start flashing F3.
    Last edited by malefic Fess; 01-12-2011 at 11:54 PM.

Maybe it is mistakenly detect corrupt BIOS.
    Have you checked Ultimate Sandy Bridge OC Guide + P67A-UD7 Performance Review?

Maybe it is mistakenly detect corrupt BIOS.
    Obviously. What i can do in this situation? I suppose, it's not a guarantee case?
    thanks for the link. Have read it. On what I should pay attention?

Quote Originally Posted by malefic Fess View Post
    Obviously. What i can do in this situation? I suppose, it's not a guarantee case?
    It's all very new they might fix it later.
    Quote Originally Posted by malefic Fess
    thanks for the link. Have read it. On what I should pay attention?
    Nothing in particular, just wondered if you need some guidance with Sandy Bridge OC.

Chike is there an official representative of Gigabyte, who could explain me what to do?
    AFAIK, other UD4 users don't have this problems, so i doubt that it will be fixed =\

You can try and contact GB tech support on their site, however to my best understanding they won't deal with problem that rise because overclocking. I might be wrong.

they won't deal with problem that rise because overclocking. I might be wrong.
    yeah, that's true
    At least, i've flashed newer BIOS version into secondary chip. That's better for me, than flashing over F3 via @BIOS...

Thread Information