Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 119 of 185 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1846

Thread: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Default Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

I have p67A-UD5 and when i shut down the computer after 5 minutes when i turn it back on it says the Overclock failed ? When i know it is 100% stable clock. This happens every time ! I press the power button and the mobo shuts off by itself than it comes back on and it goes back to defaults...

When i restart only, everything is OK, only happens when i shut down the computer for a few minutes...

BIOS F6a

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

I think this may be due to BIOS issues with the Dual BIOS, Stasio said they are working on making it less sensitive.

I think i figured it out. It has to do with the memory and the X.M.P profile. I had it set as XMP and that's how i left it. The mobo than did all the rest by itself, however that worked only while it is running. After the shut-down and boot up the mobo probably is not able to figure out which XMP profile to use and defaults it as a failed clock. I have tried it 2 times now and it always boots up fine when i disable XMP and set the memory manually. :)

ps; Now the only issue left is to fix the AHCI option that slows down the boot up by 30 seconds...

Could be, XMP is not designed for P67 so you shouldn't use it.

AHCI can't be changed, you'll have to live with it, and actually it's very fast now compared to what it used to be so enjoy :)

How come ? BIOS F6A is 100 times faster. Only after BIOS F6B AHCI is slow.

Giga P67A-UD5

Those would be the same AHCI, so it shouldn't change at all.

Sounds like you had some things disabled before that you do not now?

Nope. Just turned AHCI on. Actually many people are experiencing this, not just me. Xtremesystems forums has a thread about the mobo and some people reported that also. They thought that it froze completely on the Gigabyte logo so they warned to avoid BIOS F6B. F6A is fine.

Ahh! OK, you are correct! Sorry I didn't realize the BIOS you were asking about was one of those, I thought those were pulled already!

Stasio please pull all those latest ones you posted for P67 and report the issue if you have not already, thanks!

I have tested and found the same problem, when using RAID or AHCI the BIOS freezes when the AHCI ROM initiates. I do believe this is related to them trying to add compatibility for OCZ Revo/Evo drives.

Please use F6a for now or a previous BIOS.

I will probably buy the Gigabyte P67-UD3P this week and i wonder about Sata6 performance. I have a corsair Force F120 ssd disc, which sataport will be best for me u think. I know there is lack in performance on the X58a-ud3r with marvell controller, that´s why i´m asking :)

Post Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Hello.

I have a videocard 9500GT PCI-E 256MB DDR3 TV-OUT DVI «XNE/9500T-TD21V908087939» and a motherboard GA-73PVM-s2. Both of them work well, I've checked it with other hardware, but I can't make them work together. I have installed that videocard on that motherboard, turned onboard video to "Work only in no ext GPU", turned PEG to "Init display first" in motherboard's BIOS, but 9500GT still doesn't work. Though if I connect LCD panel to onboard videocard, it works fine. I have updated BIOS to the latest version, cleaned slots on motherboard and videocard but it gave me nothing. Then I thought that maybe problem was in my 300W PSU and I've installed new powerful PSU, but nothing changed.

I contacted Nvidia, since it is impossible to figure out exactly what causes the problem - video card or motherboard. They answered:
    "What I see here is that the issue may be with the BIOS mismatch with the motherboard and graphic card BIOS and I request you to please contact the motherboard manufacturer to check with the right BIOS version and have a check with them regarding this issue". Well, I did what they asked and wrote a ticket in GGTS, but five days have already passed and still no reaction from Gigabyte =( Maybe somebody on TweakTown can give me an advice how to solve my problem?

Thread Information