Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 128 of 185 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138178 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1846

Thread: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: About GV-R575SL-1GI

Quote Originally Posted by CoryQ6600 View Post
    Thanks for the link. I'll try the new Intel driver. Funny thing is I downloaded a new driver off of Gigabyte.com under the download page for my mobo. That driver was version 8.9.0.1023. If v10 is the latest, maybe they should update their download page! Also, this driver didn't have an F6 preinstall version, so i could only fix my old Vista installation to see the new drive, but still couldn't load Win 7. There is an F6 preinstallation driver for the Gigabyte Sata2 onboard ports. I was hesitant to try the non Intel ports (any opionion there?).

I did try Port 0 (it didn't work) but I'm on Port 2 now (my Vista Raid 0 is on Ports 0 and 1). By the way, would Win 7 boot off the SSD if I leave my board in Raid mode (so I can keep my old Raid 0 volume functional, maybe even dual boot?)

As for the BIOS, I am on v F12. This is latest version on the download page. I read somewhere else (can't find it now) that there was a beta F13 that fixed someone's SSD problem, but it was an OCZ it think, not the Mushkin. I hate to mess around flashing the BIOS if it's not definetly the problem. I'll try the Intel driver first and report back. It'll be later tonight since I had to go to work...
    Ya, don't use the GSATA Ports, they are really slow.

Yes, v.10 is the latest and at Intel's site there is the main program/drivers and the F6 drivers too if you need them (They are not needed for Vista/Win7 install)

Yes, you can load/boot Non RAID drives while RAID is enabled, they will be Non-Member drives. You will need to go into that OS first though and enable RAID to be allowed to boot from, here is the registry changes you'll need to make first, then you can reboot and boot back into that system in RAID Mode.

Enable switching between all IDE/AHCI/RAID modes by changing "Start" Values in these keys to 0 (Win 7 / Vista ONLY)
    Code:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Msahci\Start
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Pciide\Start  
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\iaStorV\Start
    Latest BIOS for your board would be here, if you have P35C-DS3R then it is F13d as you mentioned, and yes this does correct issues with many SSD's including yours
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ta-bios-2.html

Quote Originally Posted by twesha View Post
    Question about video Gigabyte GV-R575SL-1GI:

1) Which modern drivers can you recommend:
    - official drivers (from gigabyte.com) for GV-R575SL 8.671 (date 26.11.2009 !!!) But why so ancient?
    – official drivers (from gigabyte.com) for GV-R577SL 8.741 (date 21.07.2010)
    - latest drivers from Global Provider of Innovative Graphics, Processors and Media Solutions | AMD
    2) Which of two DVI ports is recommended for single monitor configuration?
    3) Is there new BIOS for this videocard and how to flash BIOS of videocard?

Latest is not always the best, but it can be. Gigabyte does not always update each time a new driver comes out, so if you want the very latest you can always get it here
    Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers

Either DVI port is fine to use, they are both the same.

There is no new BIOS updates for your card, but when/if there ever is you can use an Nvidia flashing tool or GIGABYTE's VGA @BIOS

Default Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Alright. Iíve tried everything suggested to no avail. I have installed the latest (beta) bios for my GA-P35C-DS3R v2 mobo (13d). Iíve also installed the Intel RST driver in both my Vista 64 Raid system, as well as tried to use it to boot the Win 7 install (F6).
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    Initially the drive showed up in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on">Vista</st1:place>, but no volume label, just under diskpart. BIOS also saw the drive. Since the volume couldnít be recognized, I tried the ďclean allĒ in diskpart, hoping to format over any garbage. This appeared to be working, and then eventually locked up HARD. After cycling power, the Mushkin drive will not show up on Post/BIOS no matter where it is plugged nor what mode is operating (IDE, Raid, AHCI, Gigabyte port IDE). I think itís dead, JimÖ
    <o:p></o:p>
    Is there anything else left to try? If not, I suppose I need to initiate an RMA with Newegg. Should I hold out hope that a replacement drive will work?
    An interesting side note: my BIOS now shows the Intel ROM vs as 8.9.1.102, and calls out the south-bridge as ICH10R (my chipset includes ICH9R, Iím nearly sure). Is this a problem? What (other than the BIOS update) could have made this change?
    Any other thoughts?
    Thanks.

If you see the drive in diskpart, but not the OS, you need to go into disk management and initialize the drive. Did you do that or try?

Since you think it is dead now, can you try HDDErase and see if that will complete and then fix it? It needs to be ran from DOS, and should only take less than 10 minutes to complete I'd imagine (Never used sandforce so not sure)
    CMRR - Secure Erase

ICH10R is just a letter string in the RAID ROM, that wont matter and is not a problem. I could make you a BIOS with V. 10 RAID ROM you could use, which would also say the same, but if you suspect the drive is dead that will be a waste of time right now.

Yes a working drive should work

Unhappy Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Ok, I'll try HDDErase when I get home today. I don't have much hope since I can't get the BIOS to recognize the drive anymore. Maybe DOS will...

I had tried initilizing the disk before the BIOS update. Now the drive doesn't show up in disk management in Vista any longer.

You are probably right, if the BIOS is unable to see it then it's probably only a candidate for RMA.

I have a GIGABYTE GA-890GPA-UD3 and I'm trying to get my memory to run at the rated speed of DDR3 1600. It runs fine at 1333 but get BSOD's at PC 1600. Any sugestions on bios settings to get this running? I've read on the web that people have trouble with running memory at this speed. Thanks.

GIGABYTE GA-890GPA-UD3
    AMD X4 955 Processor
    4 Sticks G.SKILL 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Dual Channel Kit Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ
    MSI GTX 460
    Western Digital 500GB Sata Drive

Please help me here i dont want to double post

Quote Originally Posted by Ronco05 View Post
    I have a GIGABYTE GA-890GPA-UD3 and I'm trying to get my memory to run at the rated speed of DDR3 1600. It runs fine at 1333 but get BSOD's at PC 1600. Any sugestions on bios settings to get this running? I've read on the web that people have trouble with running memory at this speed. Thanks.

GIGABYTE GA-890GPA-UD3
    AMD X4 955 Processor
    4 Sticks G.SKILL 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Dual Channel Kit Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ
    MSI GTX 460
    Western Digital 500GB Sata Drive
    Will help in your thread, Chike already posted you a link to check out.

I can't help with AMD much myself until I buy a AMD CPU, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by InfinityGuy View Post
    Please help me here i dont want to double post
    Will do

Quote Originally Posted by Diamonddanno View Post
    Hey all, I just finished building my first PC. Here's what I have:

i7 2600k
    Gigabyte P67A-UD7-B3
    G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series DDR3 1600MHz 2X4GB
    2 EVGA GTX 580 Superclocked
    Western Digital WD1002FAEX Caviar Black 1T Hard Drive
    Corsair Performance 3 Series 128GB
    Corsair CMPSU-1200AX
    COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus
    HAF 932

Here's my problem/s: The PC DOES post and everything seems fine but sometimes when it reaches the GA logo screen it shuts down and restarts on its own. On the restart its fine and I can navigate the BIO's normally. I haven't attempted to install the OS yet because I want to figure this problem out first.
    Also when I hit the reset button the PC shuts down completely (not like my other PC's where you can hear the fans still spinning and does not shut down completely) for couple of seconds then restarts. Is this normal? A couple of times though it did restart in the way I'm used to...
    Finally had some time to sit down and resolve the issue. I confirmed that the reboot issue was tied to using the reset button. I installed the OS without a problem and everything runs as it should. I haven't used the reset since I installed the OS and the shutdown/restart at the post screen hasn't happened in the 30-40 system shutdowns since I installed the OS. System seems stable.
    I had a b*tch of a time getting my system to detect both graphics card but I finally got it to after 4 hours of trying but I guess that's another story.....thanks for all your suggestions!

Now to stress test, overclock and benchmark.

Nice to see you have confirmed this, I think I've seen a few people mention it on other forums.

So you may want to go ahead and send in a report, just so that they look into it (The more people that report it the better)
    GIGABYTE - Support & Downloads - Technical Support

Nice to hear your got your graphics issues sorted, sorry it was a hassle for you!

Enjoy the new board for a while now, before you get into any testing :)

Thread Information