Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 129 of 185 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1847

Thread: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Default Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    You are probably right, if the BIOS is unable to see it then it's probably only a candidate for RMA.
    Well I RMA’d my Mushkin SSD after trying all the advice given here (it was a brick). I just got my replacement drive yesterday, and plugged it into Port 0, with all other drives unplugged except the DVDROM for Win7 Install. I switched to AHCI mode and attempted to load windows. The whole process seemed to work, and made it to the last step (“completing installation”). It just sat at this step for an hour before I gave up and did the CNTRL-ALT-DEL routine. It rebooted and stated that Widows installation failed due to an unexpected re-boot (but it had hung, so I had no choice). I tried to Repair windows, but it found the installation, and said that there was nothing wrong with the Window installation to repair. Except it won’t start up. So then I tried running DiskPart and decided to clean the disk, as I’ve seen others recommend for similar problems. DiskPart just sat there after I started “clean all”. It sat there for over an hour until I gave up again. So I plugged my Vista Raid back in and booted to Vista. The BIOS showed the Mushkin drive, but Vista didn’t recognize it; however, Vista Disk Management did find it. It shows up as a 111 GB drive with no volume or partition (shouldn’t it be 120 GB?). I’m not sure what to try next. I have BIOS 13d installed, and the v10 driver installed in Vista. Should I use Vista Disk Management, or the RAID/AHCI utility program that loaded with the v10 driver to attempt to activate, format, and partition this in Vista before I try loading Widows 7 again? <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

In vista disk management delete all volumes if any, then initialize the drive and then from within windows using diskpart create and align your partition then install to that partition and do not do ANYTHING on the disk selection screen during the install.

In vista disk management delete all volumes if any, then initialize the drive and then from within windows using diskpart create and align your partition then install to that partition and do not do ANYTHING on the disk selection screen during the install.
    Any particular partition arrangement? Do I need a System and a Windows partition? if so, how big for each? How do I align the partition? If more than one partition, which one do I set as "Active". Sorry for all the questions, but there is a lot of conflicting advice out there!

Exclamation Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Please help me with GA-X58A-UD7.
    All working fine until i send go to sleep mode command in Windows 7 x64. After wake up I see that all ICH10 USB host controllers not working (error code - 24). Then if I do reboot I have BSOD with code 0x1E.

I trying to unplug all USB devices (except keyboard and mouse) - issue still exists.
    What can you recommend me to do to solve this issue. If you will need additional information - no problem.
    I have the GA-X58A-UD7 (v1.0) and have the same problem with the ICH10 USB host controllers not coming back from S3 sleep (error code 24). Fortunately I don't get the BSOD on reboot.

I've tried installing the latest chipset drivers directly from Intel as well as from the Gigabyte website. Have this problem under BIOS versions F7 and currently under F8m.

Also tried disabling power saving on the USB Root hub, have reinstalled the OS (Windows 7 x64 SP1).

Anyone else have this problem, or a suggestion for solving it?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by CoryQ6600 View Post
    Any particular partition arrangement? Do I need a System and a Windows partition? if so, how big for each? How do I align the partition? If more than one partition, which one do I set as "Active". Sorry for all the questions, but there is a lot of conflicting advice out there!
    Sorry for the late reply!

No, you just create a single partition in diskpart, you can do that from within windows on your other disk. Just open disk management so you know which disk is what so you can select the correct disk in dsikpart.

Then create a single aligned partition, then once you run the installer DVD all you do is click once/select this already created partition then click next on the disk selection screen and that is all. DO NOTHING ELSE on that screen, don't delete or create any other partitions.

Don't use Clean ALL anymore on these drives, that writes to each page and Sandforece drives don't like that many writes and it can kick in the durawrite protection which will slow it to a crawl. If you want to clear the drive use HDDErase, must be used in IDE mode and it's best to only have the SSD connected (First Intel Port) when using.
    CMRR - Secure Erase

Here is how to align using diskpart, these directions are meant for use from the DVD but you can use directly in windows 7/Vista from a command prompt as well.

Boot to CD, choose repair, then advanced, then command prompt:

Diskpart commands to align and create a partition

Diskpart >List Disk

(Here note the Disk # you want to align and create on based on size of drive, if only one drive then you are fine disk 0 will be the one you
    need)

Diskpart > Select Disk 0
    (Or other disk number if need be)

Diskpart > List Partition
    (Just to ensure you have the correct disk listed and no partitions are found)

Diskpart > Clean
    (Removes any previous partition table information, and or MBR's)

Diskpart > Create Partition Primary Align=1024
    (To create and align your partition)

Diskpart> Format Quick FS=NTFS
    (To Quick format-NTFS)

(To check partition was created properly and aligned)

Diskpart > Active
    (To set partition Active for OS Install)

Diskpart > Exit

Done!

Clean and simple for those who have only one disk connected and need no explanations

Diskpart > Select Disk 0
    Diskpart > Clean
    Diskpart > Create Partition Primary Align=1024
    Diskpart > Format Quick FS=NTFS
    Diskpart > Active
    Diskpart > Exit

Quote Originally Posted by discoltk View Post
    I have the GA-X58A-UD7 (v1.0) and have the same problem with the ICH10 USB host controllers not coming back from S3 sleep (error code 24). Fortunately I don't get the BSOD on reboot.

I've tried installing the latest chipset drivers directly from Intel as well as from the Gigabyte website. Have this problem under BIOS versions F7 and currently under F8m.

Also tried disabling power saving on the USB Root hub, have reinstalled the OS (Windows 7 x64 SP1).

Thanks!
    I will test this later today for you and see if I also have the issue, if so it could be a BIOS bug, I'll let ya know.

Does it matter how long the system sleeps, or is it any time short or long?

I will test this later today for you and see if I also have the issue, if so it could be a BIOS bug, I'll let ya know.

Does it matter how long the system sleeps, or is it any time short or long?

It doesn't matter how long. Strangely, two of the controllers don't do it. Before I reinstalled I could 'fix' it by using the on-screen keyboard to log in, then disable/enable each device. Since reinstalling that no longer works, needs a reboot to get them back online. I didn't start noticing it until I switched the port I had my keyboard plugged in to, so it likely has been happening for awhile without me realizing.

OK, thanks! I'll test each port and see if I notice any issue.

I am using three already, mouse/KB/LAN so it'll be easy for me to test.

Quote Originally Posted by discoltk View Post

Thanks!
    OK, sorry about the wait - I meant to test this yesterday and forgot.

So, I have USB keyboard and mouse connected, as well as USB wireless LAN.

I tested S3 sleep for 5 minutes or so, and resumed without any issues. I then tested several USB sticks in a few ports as well just to be sure, no problems and no BSOD's

Please test with this BIOS so we are using the exact same BIOS
    X58A-UD7 F8M Mod.zip

If you continue to have issues it may be stability as the system needs to be 100% stable to resume from S3 properly. So please test with memtest86+ for your memory, and then Prime96, LinX, Intel Burn test, ect one or more of those for the CPU/Memory together.

My test was done at 4.2Ghz with memory at 2016Mhz 7-9-7-24 (just so you know it was an overclock and not stock test)

Smile Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

[QUOTE=Lsdmeasap;389839]Sorry for the late reply!

No, you just create a single partition in diskpart, you can do that from within windows on your other disk. Just open disk management so you know which disk is what so you can select the correct disk in dsikpart.

Thanks for the advice. This finally worked! I initialized and fast formatted the disk in Vista Disk Management, then Windows 7 installed without a problem. If at first you don't succeed... I also had an initial problem getting Windows to boot in Raid mode (so I could still see my old array volume). Then I remembered your earlier post with the registry changes. They fixed it up, and everything is running as I’d hoped it would. Thanks for everything, you were very helpful.

Nice to see you got that all sorted out now!!

Post back anytime if you need further help with anything, we are always here!

Thread Information