Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 134 of 185 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 1846

Thread: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Quote Originally Posted by Apolonas View Post
    Hi there,
    I have some problems with my mobo.
    first when i hibernate/sleep my pc can't start actually restart's again and again if i close it from power supply boots properly but the date and time from bios has reset like cmos (the same happens when i remove the pc power cable. ) after pc boot i see a msg with two options.
    resume windows or delete hibernate data. if i choose the first option i see the windows logo and then a black screen with a blink cursor and nothing happens.
    if i choose the second one i login to windows as like as i never have hibernate my pc.
    i have google my problem but i dont have find yet a workin solution.
    also i have try to reinstall windows i have try different settings on power options and also i have try to change the power options from bios.

what is the proper setting for my bios to hibernate or sleep my pc properly?
    is any problem with battery?

my power supply works fine with another motherboard ( asus striker 2 xtreme) and hibernation also with no probs.

The second prob i have is that i can find drivers for Intel 82566DC-2 Gigabit Network Connection i have try from mobo cd and intel auto detect drivers system with no luck.
    in device manager showing the device like no instaled drivers. where i can find drivers to work for this device?

sorry for my long text

plz let me know any kind of solution.

GB X58A-UD5 rev2
    CPU I7 950
    Corsair Dominator 12GB 1600
    ASUS GF 9800 GTX+
    PSW TAGAN 1300

WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64

What BIOS are you using? You need to use the latest BIOS and be 100% tested stable to resume from S3 sleep.

Here is the LAN driver for your board, it's Realtek not Intel
    http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList...ek_8111_w7.exe
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 06-02-2011 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyside View Post
    Bump, ive been loyal Gigabyte user from like always, but i cant really afford to change platforms so often anymore :(
    Yes, I'm sure they will be supported!

Quote Originally Posted by TomZoy View Post
    Hi there!

I bought 2 Gigabyte GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 motherboards ( rev. 1.1 )
    It came with bios version F2.
    It has 1 PS/2 port, I used this for my keyboard, and I wanted to use an USB mouse. The problem were started here, because even if I Enabled the "USB Controllers" and the "Legacy USB Function" the mouse wont work in non-windows environment. I tried a few bootable programs, like Acronis, WindowsPE, but none worked non of my boards.
    I used them with my old comp. with the same mouses, and they worked well.
    I tried to update the bios but that didn't resolved the problem either.

Finally, I discovered something in the manual book what came with the boards, it says:
    "USB Legacy Function
    Allow usb keyboard to be used in MS-DOS.
    "

Is it possible that this board doesn't support usb moses in non-os environment at all ? O_O

Any answer is appreciated. Thank you!
    USB Legacy should allow most USB mice/KB to work in a DOS environment, not all models will always work though. Did you test with another USB mouse to be sure, it could just be your particular mouse.

You will want to use the very latest BIOS for best compatibility.

i have the latest bios

Are you 100% stable, did you test with Prime95 or Orthos and Memtest86+?

If not you need to, as you must be 100% stable for S3 sleep to be able to resume properly.

i dont have tested with any program but is stable with games etc more than 48 hours of use. i will try these programs. but what about the date and time which reset after power off psw or remove power cable? is any kind of psw problem or just mb?

Yes, you always need to test for stability with programs like I mentioned.

You can get them an others here
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ity-tools.html

Date and time should only reset if you clear the CMOS by removing the battery, or unplug the power cable for a long time. If it happens in short periods then it could be a bad battery or a short somewhere, you'll need to test for that outside of the case and off the motherboard tray, to see if the same happens with the date/time then.

Default Intel Smart Response Problem with GA-Z68X-UD4

I'm working on a new build with the following specs

i5 2500k
    Gigabyte ga-z68x-ud4 mobo (F6 bios)
    Corsair H70
    8GB G.Skill ripjaws ddr3-1600 ram cl9
    60gb OCZ Agility 3
    1TB WD Black SATA3
    Seasonic m12 850w
    Sapphire 6870
    Windows 7 ultimate 64bit

I followed the instructions on the gigabyte product page for setting up smart response exactly as described... but every time I enable smart response, when I restart my computer I get a "disk boot failure". I have to disable RAID in the bios and re-install Windows to even get the bios to detect either of my drives again.

I've tried setting it up 7 times now doing fresh installs of Windows each time and the same thing happens every time. I even downloaded all of the latest drivers from the motherboard website.

I have the ssd in sata3_0 and the 1TB drive in sata3_1 if that matters.

Anyone have any suggestions? What am I doing wrong?

I'd like to try the EZ Smart Response Utility to see if that would work but can't find anywhere to download it.

Chike is offline Senior Member

Re-install windows to get BIOS to detect the drives? You wouldn't be able to install windows if BIOS did not detect them.
    Did you try to select disk boot drive after changing to RAID mode?

Quote Originally Posted by Chike View Post
    Re-install windows to get BIOS to detect the drives? You wouldn't be able to install windows if BIOS did not detect them.
    Did you try to select disk boot drive after changing to RAID mode?

sorry what I meant to say was that when I tried to reinstall windows it wouldn't detect the drives until after I switched everything back to IDE mode. It would detect the drives after switching to IDE mode but it would still show a DISK BOOT FAILURE even though I had just installed Windows to the HDD.

So basically I'd install Windows; install the mobo drivers; then install IRST drivers (tried both the older and most recent versions); then set the accelerated mode with the SSD as the cache drive through the RST software. I could get to this point with no problems at all. Then if I restarted my system I would get a "DISK BOOT FAILURE" and the BIOS would no longer detect my SSD or my HDD.

And even after switching back to IDE mode in the BIOS I would still get a DISK BOOT FAILURE even though my drives would now show up in the BIOS.

Chike is offline Senior Member

Thread Information