Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 137 of 185 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 1846

Thread: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Ahh cool to know, thanks for the update!

I know in the past (Older BIOSes) they were having issues with the Turbo multipliers working correctly, and they just recently fixed it, so apparently what you noticed in the past wasn't what you'd normally expect.

Intel telling you the same verifies Gigabyte's new reply to you, so all sounds like it's now working properly to me.

If you have to have x34 CPU, you might be able to disable the CPU turbo function and set 34, but not sure if that will work now that they've fixed the BIOSes.

Hello friend

I have a GA-Z68X-UD3-B3, but I can not use dynamic vcore (offset) when the active Dynamic Vcore

Many-Steps Load-Line is disabled, and when active the Multi Steps Dynamic Load line my Vcore is
    disabled, see in the image below, there is some BIOS releases using Multi Dynamic Steps and Vcore together?

Pics

imgur: the simple image sharer

sry for my bad english

My GA

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/pro...px?pid=3852#ov
    Last edited by SiriQueiju; 08-18-2011 at 07:21 PM.

Angry Overvoltage problem with EX58-UD3R Rev1.6 / i7 920 - vcore wont budge from 2.16v

I've tried everything, IDK if this was the result of a bad BIOS flash, I upgraded the PS from a 600W to an 850W Modular Unit, Went back a version on the BIOS (From I to H) reset the battery, the weird thing is all the settings reset to default after reflashing but no matter what I set the VCore at.. auto, usually 1.3v, it always reads 2.18V under PC Health. I have all cores on, tried turning off Turbo boost, but i guess the x21 multiplier is turbo automatically. Only thermal monitor is on, I've tried turning EIST on, I had this box running stable for like a year at 4.2Ghz (specs in sig) right now with CPU PLL set to 1.5v and Blck at 160, no matter what i set the multiplier to it stays at 21x..
    Can change QPI settings, but on auto QPI settings in CPU-Z seem to differ from BIOS setting of 2x mem speed (3200) or 2x +1. DRAM voltage and speed are correct. Initially I thought the humidity and heat we experienced in July in CT was the cause, not so.. Please help I depend on this box for finding jobs and music production. [I can use my Mac Pro but I don't have office on that, or support for 3 monitors without having to run 2 video cards but thats another issue for another board and has to do with using a non-Apple branded card. I have a 28" Hanns G 281 that I love (another would be great) so being stuck with that isn't too bad its just a PITA to switch everything over since I only have 1 iLok and license I have to plug all the USB stuff to the MAC and just put Lion on it after screwing Snow Leo up messing with video Kexts to get the PC 5770 to work in there.] Plus I can't OC it because its EFI based.

I was a pro-hackintosh but bought this last year prior to support for the 5770 and ProTools 8 being really unstable on W7P64. I have all the drivers installed for this, With my OS on the GSata RAID1 and my Storage/ProTools disk on a 1TB RAID 5 array on the ICH10 RAID controller. The weird thing is, whether I setup this box using Windows Deployment Services with drivers preloaded on the Boot/install images (the Mac has a 2008R2 drive) or using a CD burned from the same image, the MBR/System partition always gets installed on the Raid 5 drive and after a few lockups during OC'ing, or other glitches the RAID 5 array needs a rebuilt and the boot info is corrupt. Should I image each of the partitions (Including the system) then repartition a new RAID 1 array on spare WD 320's that i have correctly, and add each image to the RAID 1 mirror manually? The first time i setup W7 i never had this problem. I screwed up my original RAID1 array by breaking the RAID and reinstalled it, but I still have the original disks hoping Stellar PHeonix or something can fix it..I doubt the two are related but most importantly I need this voltage issue fixed. I originally used WDS the first time, on the system that ran at 4.2Ghz stable for a year. When I rebuilt it, I had some issues with RAM being recognized (it was the same chips, just needed re-seating) and also wanted to run the latest drivers for bug fixes and latest (non-Beta) BIOS.. thats when the problems started.
    I have voltage manually set to 1.3 and qpi to 1.2 like it says to the left of the setting just incase auto setting is different. Please help!!!
    P.S. load line does nothing for the problem. Before my Vcore on the 4.2 stable OC using the GB tutorial and info from various sites was like 1.225.. But I could never get above 4.4 without freezing because Kingston Hyper X Ram won't OC.. I probably would need to lower the memory speed. I also thought the QPI speed for the i7 920 was 6.4GT/s not 4.8 like the default.
    Its 1600mhz DDR-3.. I wish I got 2100 or Mushkin instead.
    Last edited by jwdavid1981; 08-19-2011 at 05:59 AM. Reason: one more thing
    Main rig: WC Core i7 920 / EX-58 UD3R 1.6 / 3x2GB Kingston HyperX XMP memory / Powercolor Eyefinity 5 and Sapphire VaporX 5770's in XFire on 3xHP 2338H's - W7P64 - RAID1 and RAID 5 storage - Core Parking off -Stable at 4.2-4.4 till BIOS update f'd Vcore to 2.16 permanently. PT9.0.3/Reason5/14GB of refills and Waves Plugins / Presonus Firestudio Project w/ outboard Compressor and EQ.
    Also use it for gaming.. Far Cry 2, COD WAW+Black Ops, N4S Carbon, ProStreet, and Shift, H.A.W.X., Dirt 2, Logitech G27, Extreme 3D Stick, and dual action USB controllers.

Rig 2: Mac Pro 4.1 QC Nehalem Xeon, 10GB ECC RAM - OSX Lion - PT 9.0.3/Reason 5.01/Trying to get HD 6750 working to replace HD4870/M-Audio ProFire LB/Soundcraft Spirit 328=16x16x8ch of ADAT I/O

MIDI Gear: Korg MicroKontrol, NanoKontrol, Nanopad on RMA, M-Audio Keystudio 49i, Numark iDJ3, ION MixPro, Yamaha RMX1 Sequence remixer, Fostex MR-8. Mad Gear. Anyone interested in the Mac's hardware PT setup (PFLB+Spirit 328) PM me.. Looiking to go HD with a HUI controller and HEAT.
    I'm always up for collaboration. Give me a shout.

@jwdavid have you cleared/removed cmos battery for 30mins or overnight? Then load optimized defaults,then at splash screen press alt and f12 to make sure both back up and main BIOS chips have the same BIOS version on them,then enter your bios settings, check in Windows power saving options that its on high performance if you don't want CPU to throttle at idle and balanced along with eist enabled in the BIOS if you do(CPU won't throttle if a fixed CPU voltage is set) only on normal or auto
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't tried either of those, the box is in a rack case and the battery is under both video cards. so keep eist on if voltages are set? I have core parking turned off too..
    Main rig: WC Core i7 920 / EX-58 UD3R 1.6 / 3x2GB Kingston HyperX XMP memory / Powercolor Eyefinity 5 and Sapphire VaporX 5770's in XFire on 3xHP 2338H's - W7P64 - RAID1 and RAID 5 storage - Core Parking off -Stable at 4.2-4.4 till BIOS update f'd Vcore to 2.16 permanently. PT9.0.3/Reason5/14GB of refills and Waves Plugins / Presonus Firestudio Project w/ outboard Compressor and EQ.
    Also use it for gaming.. Far Cry 2, COD WAW+Black Ops, N4S Carbon, ProStreet, and Shift, H.A.W.X., Dirt 2, Logitech G27, Extreme 3D Stick, and dual action USB controllers.

Rig 2: Mac Pro 4.1 QC Nehalem Xeon, 10GB ECC RAM - OSX Lion - PT 9.0.3/Reason 5.01/Trying to get HD 6750 working to replace HD4870/M-Audio ProFire LB/Soundcraft Spirit 328=16x16x8ch of ADAT I/O

MIDI Gear: Korg MicroKontrol, NanoKontrol, Nanopad on RMA, M-Audio Keystudio 49i, Numark iDJ3, ION MixPro, Yamaha RMX1 Sequence remixer, Fostex MR-8. Mad Gear. Anyone interested in the Mac's hardware PT setup (PFLB+Spirit 328) PM me.. Looiking to go HD with a HUI controller and HEAT.

I leave eist on,it won't hurt anything as it only works if CPU v is set on normal/auto,I would leave mb battery out overnight just to be 100% sure its fully cleared,then go from there,as for core parking not sure as I'm on older BIOS that doesn't have it
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hoping someone has an idea because I am about to pull my hair out. I just put together a new build using the following.

i5-2500K
    G.Skill Sniper 2x4GB DDR3 1600
    Seasonic 660
    Corsair 600T SE
    Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3

I did a fresh install of Win 7 64 bit and updated all drivers. I then tried to add the Ceton InfiniTV4 to the PCI-E x1 slot and I can't get past loading the operating system. The PC just reboots. I tried the rest of the PCI-E x1 slots and had the same results. I even tried the PCI-E x16 slot but same result.

I pulled the Ceton card from my Gigabyte Ga-P55-UD4P which had no issues when I added the card so I know it isn't the Ceton card. I reinstalled the Ceton card in my old PC and it works fine. For some reason though the Z68 board just crashes when trying to add the Ceton card.

Chike is offline Senior Member

@brennok
    I see a lot of updates to BIOS since first release. Latest on GB site is F8 and latest beta in the beta BIOS sticky is F9c.

<OBJECT id=tts codeBase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=5,0,0,0" classid=clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000 width=18 height=18>

</OBJECT>
    I have a very simple question ... Gigabyte EX58-UD5 motherboard, Creative X-fi sound card (or on the azalia sound card)
    Except the bios F12, (F13 beta BIOSes, and before all inclusive) while listening to music or watching films or playing games, cracking sound, break down is occurring ... "snap, pat, snap, pat," ... this is very frustrating, and just because cracks F12 in the BIOS so I can not use another bios ... huge gigabyte is 2 years was unable to resolve this problem ... F12 audio delay setting in the BIOS, the BIOS next lara incapable of implementing it ... just so I did not get one more gigabyte motherboard, will not be taking ...
    Despite this situation many times to pass your gigabytes Technical Support, suggestions for setting made ​​me nonsense ...
    If you pass them to the authorities Lsdmeasap thank you very much ...

sorry bad english

Default Core parking

Quote Originally Posted by jwdavid1981 View Post
    I haven't tried either of those, the box is in a rack case and the battery is under both video cards. so keep eist on if voltages are set? I have core parking turned off too..
    core parking is a feature in windows vista and up where when u have a QC with HT it shuts off logical cores, which is why you may only see 4 logical cores in W7 with a QC and HT turned on. you need to remove registry keys to turn it off and enable all cores. it makes a pretty big difference because without it hyperthreading is pretty much useless.
    Btw... the vcore display of 2.18 that i'm referring to is in pc health page.. i have it set to 1.225 or 1.3 something like that. i reflashed it back to the FI bios today and tried that trick you said, i can't really tell if it works or not because default settings make first display pci and mine needs to be set to PCI-E 16x2
    I mean, it cleared all my presets out..Also.. whats the deal with overclocking RAM.. once I get this vcore issue situated and it applies correctly I think my ram speed was my limit. i have kingston hyperX 1600 xmp running at 1600, usually set uncore 2x+1 where x=ram speed. its 9 9 9 27 i think. When i push past 200 blck the memory doesnt like overclocks, do i need more voltage or put the uncore way up more?
    FYI CPU cooler is an antec version of the Corsair H70 with the low profile pump.. before that i modded my H50 by getting rid of the fins inside the pump.. or like every other one so it flows much faster.. and used dual radiators sandwiched between 3 fans like a big mac.. it made a difference.. but it looked ugly hanging out the back and i went back to the rack case. now i have 2 fans in push pull and a fan controller on the front of the box.. one of the fans i got at radio shack its a 3000RPM 85CFM fan.. that wouldn't mess the voltage up would it?
    I'm just trying to think of all the things i did around the time of the problem. i just remember it was real humid one weekend and all the sudden temps started climbing. System has always been unstable using EZTune, so i don't use it.. what about DES? and how do you restore stuff with that GB smart backup?
    Isn't there a jumper or switch to reset instead of taking out the battery.. and does the computer need to be turned on or should i just leave it off battery out overnight or what?
    thx..

Thread Information