Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 140 of 185 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 1846

Thread: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Default Z68-UD3P re. USB3 Etron compatability with certain devices.

Hi.. just a quick query, regarding possible compatability issues when using the USB 3 ports on my GA-Z68XP-UD3P. (all latest drivers installed)

I've just switched back to using a GB board, after 6 months of occasional boot/hang issue's on my prevous P8P67 Asus mobo. (one of many duped by fancy bios..lol))

Only problem I've had, is what appears to be a compatability issue connecting to the Etron USB3 ports, which seems to have issues connecting to certain devices, ie. either not recognising, or disconnecting when transfering data to my USB3 external usb3 hard-drive. This is actually a Samsung Spinpoint F3 fitted into a USB 3 enclosure case which I notice has a 'INNOS' IS888 usb3 controller fitted.

There are no problems at all when using USB3 flash-drives ect. They work fine on USB3 and all the USB2 ports, so it's obviously a issue with certain USB3 controllers fitted into these external enclosure cases, though I did read that a couple of USB3 controllers such as Asmedia USB3 controllers do work with Etron, so will look for one of those next time.

A search shows that this problem is quite well known with the Etron EJ168 chipset with certain USB3 controllers, as some people seem to be having similar issues. Not a major problem as it does work fine on USB2, but would be nice to have used it at faster USB3 speeds.

One of the problems when buying these external drive enclosures, is often they don't tell you the make of the controller chipset it is using, so a bit hit/miss..lol

Just wondered if your've any comments / suggestions on this ?

Many thanks.... Cameron
    Last edited by cameron43; 10-08-2011 at 04:33 PM.

Default Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

GIGABYTE

Please include the latest intel option rom in your next bios update for the Z68XP-UD4 New rom is version 10.8.0.1003

I am using the Gigabyte 990FXA UD5 motherboard & have updated the BIOS to F7g. The problem I am encountering now is my processor will not throttle down to 800Mhz. It is now always constant at 2.8GHz. Btw, I am using a Phenom II 1055T. I've reset the BIOS settings configuration to default settings & I can't get rid of the problem.

Is the latest F7g BIOS is buggy? Please help :(

Ok, I think I'm lost. I left nothing in my post hoping you would sell me, are just a tech and thats it. I must have been wrong about this site. Is gygabyte a new company that worked for one of the larger builders?

Hi anybody can help me? I just got GA-Z68xp-UD4 rev 1.0 with 2500k and 16G G.Skill DDR3 1600 installed, the BIOS is F5. I installed fresh Windows 7 with Marvell AHCI driver, the MB cannot get the external eSATA HD ( Thermaltake BlacX Duet), I tried Marvell driver from Gagabyte 1.2.0.1002, 1010, and the latest 1014, sometimes, in windows 7 device management, I can see the listed Hds, but windows cannot load them, while a Bluescreen. If use microsoft default driver, it works fine, but only can get one driver there ( no port multiplier support ).

Chike is offline Senior Member

Are both drive identical?
    I've seen other posts with the same problem on the net, and I have seen a review where it worked but with the same drive.

Yes, last night, I tried again with a new HD mounted on Marvell GSATA with AHCI, installed console driver and controller driver from Gigabyte website. No BSOD, and no any esata hd was mounted (Windows HD on marvell gsata is ok), but once changed to Microsoft driver, one driver will be mounted.

I also saw the posts with same problem, generally, they installed the latest marvell ahci driver, then it will be ok. But I am not. So horrible SATA chip, so horrible MB. I am so regret to try a Gigabyte MB. during past, I always use ASUS and MSI motherboard, I am happy with them. I mounted my Tt duet eSATA dock on ASUS p5b-e with JMB363, it works so good in Windows xp and windwos 7, support port multiplier.

Quote Originally Posted by Chike View Post
    Are both drive identical?
    I've seen other posts with the same problem on the net, and I have seen a review where it worked but with the same drive.

hi all
    I in adventure to build my first PC from scratch and GIGABYTE will be the brand of my mobo! My question is: is there any MicroATX for LMA 1155 socket that incorporate IEEE1394 FireWire port?

thanks in advance
    MP

Default Audio Issues with RME hdsp 9632 and Nvidia GTX 480 in Windows 7 on a GA-X58A-UD3R. LatencyMon assessment concerns

Recently reinstalled Windows 7 64 bit. Fixed the specific software problem I had, but am having audio issues now and still having an issue where the computer restarts itself. Am running new software with the new install of the OS, so I can't say the install caused the problem. However, could be I haven't set up all drivers correctly. May be Windows Update issues too, but it's hard to tell. Don't run SP1 on account of the sleep mode problem it caused, but I've installed most other important updates. I have an RME hdsp 9632 audio card and am running its current driver, 3.26. I am not running the current driver for the GTX 480, but the 275.33 for the Display Adapter device in Device Manager. I rolled back the 285.62 driver in the Sound, Video, and Game Controller device to the default High Definition Audio Device. Running the 285.62 driver was giving me serious real-time audio issues, clicks and pops...etc. I am still getting these since rolling back the driver to 275.33.

System restarts itself usually when playing a game or other processor "heavy" tasks. However, I have a pretty ridiculous system and it makes no sense that it can't handle gaming or pretty much anything I throw at it. I was hoping you guys could suggest an approach to figuring this out. I bought this system through iBuyPower, who overclocked it mildly, but since reinstalling the OS I am wondering if I have all up to date drivers for the motherboard and if anything missing with the GA-X58A-UD3R could be messing with it.

Ran LatencyMon after rolling back Nvidia drivers and was still given a long list of issues:

"Your system appears to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other tasks. You are likely to experience buffer underruns appearing as drop outs, clicks or pops. One or more DPC routines belonging to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. Also one or more ISR routines belonging to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. Also your system appears to be having trouble which may be attributed to SMI routines, CPU bugs or unexplainable CPU stalls.
    LatencyMon has been analyzing your system for 0:59:51 (h:mm:ss)"

Under reported DPCs it lists this:

"Highest DPC routine execution time (Ás): 5078379922435.8750
    Driver with highest DPC routine execution time: nvlddmkm.sys - NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 275.33 , NVIDIA Corporation"

This is the current assessment in LatencyMon despite rolling back the drivers. I get less pops and clicks, but I do get them and I did have the system restart on its own once since the roll back. I do audio professionally and am very concerned about this. LatencyMon also concluded that my CPU was running at 458 MHz when it is supposed to be capable of 3650 MHz. It gave this warning:

"WARNING: the CPU speed that was measured is only a fraction of the CPU speed reported. Your CPUs may be throttled back due to variable speed settings and thermal issues. It is suggested that you run a utility which reports your actual CPU frequency and temperature."

Thanks for your help,

Josh

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R Rev. 01
    Intel Core i7-980X 3.65 GHz CPU
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 480 running 275.33 driver
    RME hdsp 9632 audio card running 3.26 driver
    Thermaltake 1200 watt PSU
    Corsair 12 GB (2GB x 6) DDR3 1600

First post....having a few problems which I will post...I appreciate any guidance!

rtalcott
    Last edited by rtalcott; 12-15-2011 at 04:45 AM. Reason: content

Thread Information