Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 142 of 185 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 1847

Thread: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!




  1. #1411
    Chike is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    6,531

    Default Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

    Quote Originally Posted by NiklasA View Post
    Was thinking of buying of buying a GA-P67-DS3-B3 but see there's a rev. 2.0 available as well, does anybody know what was fixed and if I'm better off to stay away from the rev. 1.0 version?

    And what's the difference between a GA-P67-_DS_3-B3 and say GA-P67_A_-_UD_3-B3?

    The GA-P67-DS3-B3 isn't represented in the BIOS topic, no _DS_ boards are.

    Right now I have a EP45-DS3 that I'm happy with so it doesn't feel like the DS versions are bad boards.

    And the RAID, is that Intel RAID on the 6GB/s ports?

    Is there any difference between the Realtek ALC889 that the GA-P67-DS3-B3 has and the Realtek ALC 889_A_ that my EP45-DS3 has?
    Revesions are not always made to fix anything but rather reduce manufacturing costs.
    You can compare the boards with the compare function on GB site and compare their pictures.
    The UD3 also has 2oz copper PCB.

    There are 2 6GB/s SATA ports which of the P67 chipset which can be used in RAID configuration.

  2. #1412
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    50

    Default Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

    I went with a GA-P67A-UDP-B3 in the end. More expensive than the boards I was looking at first, so a little ambiguous about it since I was aiming for a cheaper solution. Just hoping it will be as stable as my current board.

    At least I'll know what to do for a day or two when it arrives. Have had the urge to do a fresh install of Windows 7 a while now but haven't really been able to justify it as the current install works perfectly. I Almost, but only almost, miss the good old days of Windows 98 or Windows XP where you basically had to re-install a few times a year. :)

    Thanks for the input, even if I did chose another board in the end.

  3. #1413
    Chike is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    6,531

    Default Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

    @NiklasA
    Are you going to overclock? If not you could go for H67/H61 board which are cheaper.

  4. #1414
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    India
    Posts
    19

    Default Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

    Please Guide me for Overclocking Gigabyte EP35C-DS3R

    with Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 2.33Ghz, FSB 1333 MHz, L2 Cache 4 MB

    with Kingston 2x2GB DDR3 1333 RAM

    with GPU:Nvdia GeForce 9400GT DDR2 1024 MB

    HDD is Seagate 500GB, in AHCI mode, 3Gb/s SATA, 16MB cache + a 80 GB old connecter Seagate HDD in IDE mode

    Display is Samsung LED 1600x600

    I am having a normal case with 1 Fan on 1 side and Intel provided CPU Cooler
    My PSU is 450 watt

    When I try to play battle field bad company 2 in 1600x600 mode and Overall quality settings as High the game is choked and displays like slow motion and thus I cannot play it. Then I have scale down Overall quality setting as Low and the game is playable now but the graphics beauty of the game is lost.

    That is why I want to Overclock my Mother board to give best possible from my GPU & CPU.

    As I not done it earlier so can you please guide me which hardware cooling setting & which PSU wattage I am gonna need for my above mentioned setup; If you explain with some example if will be easy for me.

    Very very Thanks in advanced..

  5. #1415
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    3

    Default No boot with LSI 9265-8i and p67a-ud7

    Hi, I have problems with my new LSI 9265-8i. I'm using right now an Adaptec 5405Z with 4 Intel X-25M G2 in Raid 0 for boot/system/programs. I want to upgrade to this new LSI with sata 3, but I can't boot at all. It starts, some lights in the controller moves and then it shutdown, after a few seconds it restars and always the same. I remove the card and when I get image appears a legend that prevoius boot could not complete because of the oc failure. Well, that's not the case, the case it doesn't boot for this controller and restarts in a loop. I put this card new today, I try on another old machine, on Asus P5K3 deluxe wifi and it doesn't show image either but it get always on. So, this is a bios problem with the gigabyte or a firmware with the LSI? Anyone with a GA-P67A-UD7-B3 board and LSI card? I have lastest F6 bios. Like I never get image from the card I don't know wich firmware version it could have. I already download the last one from August 2011 from lsi webpage, but like I have no image, I can't do anything more.

  6. #1416
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    50

    Default Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

    Quote Originally Posted by admsg4deep View Post
    Please Guide me for Overclocking Gigabyte EP35C-DS3R

    with Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 2.33Ghz, FSB 1333 MHz, L2 Cache 4 MB

    with Kingston 2x2GB DDR3 1333 RAM

    with GPU:Nvdia GeForce 9400GT DDR2 1024 MB

    HDD is Seagate 500GB, in AHCI mode, 3Gb/s SATA, 16MB cache + a 80 GB old connecter Seagate HDD in IDE mode

    Display is Samsung LED 1600x600

    I am having a normal case with 1 Fan on 1 side and Intel provided CPU Cooler
    My PSU is 450 watt

    When I try to play battle field bad company 2 in 1600x600 mode and Overall quality settings as High the game is choked and displays like slow motion and thus I cannot play it. Then I have scale down Overall quality setting as Low and the game is playable now but the graphics beauty of the game is lost.

    That is why I want to Overclock my Mother board to give best possible from my GPU & CPU.

    As I not done it earlier so can you please guide me which hardware cooling setting & which PSU wattage I am gonna need for my above mentioned setup; If you explain with some example if will be easy for me.

    Very very Thanks in advanced..
    I think it's the graphicscard that's too weak and not the CPU in this case. 9400GT is a pretty weak card for playing most games. Compare it to the fairly old ATI HD4850 here in Call Of Duty 4:

    Geforce 9400 GT reviewed - 2008/08/CoD_4.jpg - PC Games Hardware

    Your card gets ~10 FPS and the HD4850 ~35 FPS.

    A HD4850 you can get real cheap second hand. If you want to buy a new card it depends on how much you can spend, if you only want nVidia maybe a 560Ti, but it's not super cheap. But it will be like 10 times better than your current card.

    If you want an ATI/AMD card maybe the HD6850, nVidia's GTX 460 is also a good card. I would probably go for the HD6850 since it's fairly cheap.
    Last edited by NiklasA; 01-12-2012 at 05:14 AM.

  7. #1417
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    croatia
    Posts
    43

    Default Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

    I was wondering if I could connect ssd ocz vertex 3 to a Pci controller Asmedia asm 1061, and set up OS on it?
    Motherboard:Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3 rev.1.0, BIOS version F9.
    CPU: Intel Core2duo E8500 3,16Ghz-O.C. to 3.80Ghz
    CPU Cooler: Arctic cooling Freezer 13 Pro
    RAM: OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 Platinum http://www.ocztechnology.com/product...b_dual_channel
    Graphics: ATI SAPPHIRE RADEON HD 5670 512mb. GDDR5
    Power Supply: Corsair TX 650w

  8. #1418
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    22

    Unhappy Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

    Hi,

    Two weeks ago I mount a pc.

    Components

    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD4 B3
    Processor: Intel Core i3 2120 3.3Ghz Box Socket 1155
    Hard Disk: WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA3
    Graphics card: Asus GeForce GTX 550 Ti DirectCU 1GB GDDR5
    RAM memory: Kingston ValueRAM 4GB DDR3 1333 2x2GB
    DVD: Asus DRW-24B3ST Grabadora DVD 24X Negra OEM
    Power supply: Tacens Radix V 650W
    Red Card: Conceptronic 300Mbps 11n Wireless PCI Card

    Problem:

    The computer starts up properly, I install OS Ubuntu 10.04 LTS and Windows 7 Ultimate 64bits and drivers provided by the manufacturers CD's (in the CD or the motherboard I use Xpress Install)

    Once inside the operating system I sent a reboot the computer, and that at shutdown, when it will turn on again, try to boot but it is restarted again and again until finally boot properly

    I'm update BIOS

    Change the system restart, the computer was restarted without being shutdown, maintaining constant electric current line during the restart process. (do not know if this change is due to update the BIOS, but I make sure it is due to the update)
    Everything seemed to work correctly.

    Restarts incurred by the operating system GUI seem to work correctly.

    But if the computer hangs, I press the reset button (no reboots with the line of constant electric current) and I usually spend the same problem, the computer try to boot but it is restarted again and again until finally boot properly.

    I would like to know the cause of this.

    If anyone can help me, thanks.
    Last edited by Eskorbutin; 01-12-2012 at 07:05 PM.

  9. #1419
    kpo6969's Avatar
    kpo6969 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    114

    Default Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

    I am asking for help with enabling ACHI to run a SSD on my E45-UD3P as explained in my prior thread below:

    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...7-install.html

    Thank You

    I had already tried bios F11d which did not help. Any of these other?




    Also exactly which setting in bios for ACHI, etc.
    what I have is:
    64GB sata II SSD
    320GB sata II HDD for storage
    2 sata II optical drives
    Last edited by kpo6969; 01-18-2012 at 08:01 AM.
    GA-Z97X-UD5H rev 1.0 F9f
    i7-4790K
    Trident X 2400C9D-8GTXD
    Asus GTX 970 Strix
    Samsung 850 Pro 256GB Ocz Vector 150 240GB Samsung 840 Evo 250GB
    Fractal Design R4
    Noctua NH-U14S
    SeaSonic 660XP2
    Creative Extreme Music
    U2412M
    Windows 10 x64 Pro

  10. #1420
    Lsdmeasap's Avatar
    Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    PCB Island
    Posts
    25,940

    Default Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

    Quote Originally Posted by Eskorbutin View Post
    Hi,

    Two weeks ago I mount a pc.

    Components

    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD4 B3
    Processor: Intel Core i3 2120 3.3Ghz Box Socket 1155
    Hard Disk: WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA3
    Graphics card: Asus GeForce GTX 550 Ti DirectCU 1GB GDDR5
    RAM memory: Kingston ValueRAM 4GB DDR3 1333 2x2GB
    DVD: Asus DRW-24B3ST Grabadora DVD 24X Negra OEM
    Power supply: Tacens Radix V 650W
    Red Card: Conceptronic 300Mbps 11n Wireless PCI Card

    Problem:

    The computer starts up properly, I install OS Ubuntu 10.04 LTS and Windows 7 Ultimate 64bits and drivers provided by the manufacturers CD's (in the CD or the motherboard I use Xpress Install)

    Once inside the operating system I sent a reboot the computer, and that at shutdown, when it will turn on again, try to boot but it is restarted again and again until finally boot properly

    I'm update BIOS

    Change the system restart, the computer was restarted without being shutdown, maintaining constant electric current line during the restart process. (do not know if this change is due to update the BIOS, but I make sure it is due to the update)
    Everything seemed to work correctly.

    Restarts incurred by the operating system GUI seem to work correctly.

    But if the computer hangs, I press the reset button (no reboots with the line of constant electric current) and I usually spend the same problem, the computer try to boot but it is restarted again and again until finally boot properly.

    I would like to know the cause of this.

    If anyone can help me, thanks.
    If computer hangs, or you can make it hang, please test using only the power button to shut it down and reboot it. I have noticed reset button is an issue on P67!


    Quote Originally Posted by kpo6969 View Post
    I am asking for help with enabling ACHI to run a SSD on my E45-UD3P as explained in my prior thread below:

    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...7-install.html

    Thank You

    I had already tried bios F11d which did not help. Any of these other?




    Also exactly which setting in bios for ACHI, etc.
    what I have is:
    64GB sata II SSD
    320GB sata II HDD for storage
    2 sata II optical drives
    BIOS version doesn't really matter for AHCI, but I always suggest the latest version so you're good to go there!

    To enable AHCI after OS install is easy! Please make the following registry changes, then reboot and enter the BIOS and set the following BIOS settings in the Integrated Peripherals page.

    Registry changes (Set before BIOS is set to AHCI)
    Code:
    Enable switching between all IDE/AHCI/RAID modes by changing "Start" Values in these keys to 0 (Win 7 / Vista ONLY)
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Msahci\Start
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Pciide\Start  
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\iaStorV\Start
    Integrated Peripherals

    Intel Controller (Yellow Ports)
    SATA RAID/AHCI Mode (Intel ICH10R Southbridge) ............. AHCI
    SATA Port0-3 Native Mode ................................... Enabled (or Disabled, both will work)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 40 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 40 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •