Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 148 of 185 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 1846

Thread: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

farshad is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Quote Originally Posted by stasio View Post
    Operating System (Win 7?) fresh install or ?
    Did you connect the L-shaped end of the SATA cable to your SATA hard drive and other end to SATA3_0(1)(White)?
    Do not connect DVD drive until boot in OS.
    Fresh install of windows 7. I know it is something ridiculously silly in the bios settings or in as was mentioned the DVD drive(which is crazy if that theory pans out). I just don't understand as both drives show up in the bios and upon posting and both light up as well.

Just wanted to add, I would first check to see if there is a firmware update for the SSD.

Second, the SSD is on Sata 3, and the rom is Sata 2, so the settings for each are different, but even if the rom /sata 2 is set to AHCI, it still would not allow it to run/work and start to instll disk and then hang, it shouldn't run disk
    at all if AHCI was the problem.

I cant check if there is a firmware update because i cant even get into windows.

I just went out and bought a new DVD DL TO SEE IF IT WAS THEDrive and it is doing the exact same thing. Freezes on the "loading operating system" screen in the exact same spot. I am stumped....

I am rebooting and trying the failsafe settings.

2therock is offline Member

Z77X-UD5H WiFi adapter is saying in Device manager "Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required." There is a "!" splat on the device.
    WiFi Share reports the app cannot start.

I called Gigabyte and they are stumped. The Bluetooth portion works great.

I have uninstalled the drivers and the device and the PC and re-downloaded the file and its still a no go.

Thanks,

After spending literally 40 hrs troubleshooting this devil of a problem and almost getting a divorce because of it I have come to the conclusion that the z68 and sandforce ssd's do not like each other. Even OCZ admits there are problems....

http://news.softpedia.com/news/OCZ-C...s-205185.shtml

A few days ago, we reported that solid state drives based on the SandForce SF-2000 controllers are facing some severe problems that may range from Windows blue screens to the BIOS' inability to detect the SSD and recently OCZ has confirmed that Vertex 3 and Agility 3 models are affected by these issues.

This information was posted on the company's official forums by Eric Ryder, forum support manager at OCZ.

“OCZ is aware of firmware issues that have been reported in the field that are potentially causing bluescreens on all SF2000 based drives, this issue affects a very small percentage of Vertex 3 and Agility 3 SSDs, and currently less than 1% of all our customers are affected,” said Ryder.

However, he was quick to point out that OCZ doesn't suffer from the same problems that made Corsair recall its 120GB Force 3 SSDs, and that these issues can be fixed with a simple firmware update.

“This hard to replicate issue is a completely different issue than what some other drive manufacturers are experiencing, which may have similar symptoms but is caused by a hardware issue.

“Unlike other brands OCZ does not use a reference design, and we design and manufacture our SSDs in-house, and are NOT affected by the hardware problems which are unique to other drive vendors.”

OCZ is currently working with SandForce to develop a new firmware version that could solve these problems, but nobody knows at this point in time how long it will take until this arrives.

As a result, users who are facing any blue screen issues with their Vertex 3 and Agility 3 SSDs are encouraged to contact the company's customer service team for immediate support (link here).

The 120GB Corsair Force 3 SSDs which were recalled earlier this week suffered not only from firmware issues, but also had a defective PCB design. (via SweClockers)

There is a guy on the NCIX forum with the exact same issue. I have gutted my system and set up my old rig and checked the FW for the OCZ and it is up to date with 2.2, while I was checking it in my old system I installed OCZ tools and made sure the drive was ready to have Windows 7 installed on it and still nothing.

NCIX FORUMS - Blue Screen with SSD on Z68 Controller ...

That dude is having identical problems. I am ready to throw this thing through the window....if I had known it was going to be this much of a pain in the ass I would have not purchased $700 worth of gear and just kept my q6600 going....

bullardrr is offline Junior Member

I am not a computer geek, so bear with me.

I have a custom built dual monitor, dual BIOS WINDOWS XP SP 3 system that has worked great for several years. The builder is long gone.

A week or so ago, it suddenly would not boot, stalling before the RAM numbers scrolled on the boot up window. After multiple offs and ons, it finally booted with the dreaded "Main BIOS Range ...Error". I researched what this meant and downloaded the BIOS (8KNXP F5 Rev. 1.x, 04/30/2003) from Gigabyte, did Q-Flash for the Main BIOS Update and everything worked fine, with about three boots executing normally.

But, then, the same identical boot failure sequence started occurring, again. Now, I am at a complete loss for what to do. Folks, I need your help.

bullardrr is offline Junior Member

Default Repost - Need Gigabyte Help with 8KNXP F5 Rev. 1.x BIOS Problem

I am not a computer geek, so bear with me.

I have a custom built dual monitor, dual BIOS WINDOWS XP Home Edition SP 3 system that has worked great for several years. The builder is long gone.

A week or so ago, it suddenly would not boot, stalling before the RAM numbers scrolled on the boot up window. After multiple offs and ons, it finally booted with the dreaded "Main BIOS Range ...Error". I researched what this meant and downloaded the BIOS (8KNXP F5 Rev. 1.x, 04/30/2003) from Gigabyte, did Q-Flash for the Main BIOS Update and everything worked fine, with about three boots executing normally.

But, then, the same identical boot failure sequence started occurring, again. Now, I am at a complete loss for what to do. Folks, I need your help.

jeprokz is offline Junior Member

Exclamation Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

hello guys im new here and i need your help please i have a newly built cpu system Mobo: Gigabyte z77x ud5hthis is the problem

1. why i cant install lucid virtu mvp it always said " wrong gpu configuration please check your hardware/drivers disabling virtu MVP" i dont know where is that im only using built in graphics. *attached file*

2. Wi-Fi share not working "no internet access"..im using my neighbor's wifi connection and then i want to wifi share that connection inside my room so that my iphone will get a 100% signal from the wifi using gigabyte wifi share.

3. i cant install intel smart response and rapid start i dont know the problem im only using hdd.

4. there's a scratchy/noisy sound when im playing music in my itunes im only using astro A*star headphones.

[ATTACH]LUCID VIRTU MVP PROBLEM[/ATTACH]

thanks in advanvance
    Attached Images Attached Images Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!-untitled-jpg 

Thread Information