Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 15 of 185 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Default Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Please try clearing your CMOS with the method I outlin here in post # 2, then try with only one stick of ram >>>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/
    OK thanks for the tip I'll try that.

Have you or can you test this ram one by one in another system, if so please run 5 full passes on each stick to be sure you do not hav faulty ram >>
    Memtest86+
    Unfortunately don't know anyone with a system new enough to take DDR2. Most have laptops nowadays. Might be able to dissect a PC at work tho, I'll have a go. The beeps are the same with no RAM, or just one stick but maybe that's what you're thinking?

Then if still no luck, I would try removeing the CPU and insepcting the socket for bent pins, and then reinstall the CPU and try again
    Have tried that already but thankx for suggestion.
    Last edited by dmarti14; 01-10-2009 at 04:10 AM.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

How did the Clear CMOS go? Ya, you are going to have to start now with Testing that ram to be sure it is not faulty/DOA it happens and would be the next thing to test before you may want to consider RMA on the board as it may be faulty.

You have tried with the minimal connected right, to rule out a bad drive stopping the startup right?

You do have the ATX 12V 4/8Pin and ATX 24 pin connected right? Have to ask, ya would be surprised how many times I see users not plugging in the 4/8Pin ATX Plug

Quote Originally Posted by CB27cb27 View Post
    Greetings all Gigabyters,

Hope someone can suggest a way around this little boot-glitch I seem to have.
    All mboard and system specs are below my narrative. Thanks for any suggestions.

On Page 6 of this mobo manual, Section 2-1, Startup Screen, it describes how to turn off the "SATA is found running in IDE MODE" by pressing "N" for NO and to stop showing this message. Please tell me how to get this to actually work. I do not want to use AHCI mode. The "N" has been pressed over 10 times at varying points in the boot time and this message continues to show up and halt/stop the boot process.
    Thanks.
    Craig
    To Use AHCI mode, you would need to enable it, then do a clean install using the AHCI Driver

Hi,

I've got a problem with the BIOS of my GA-EX58-UD5 Firmwire 3.
    I've installed a password for the bios and now I can't use the full BIOS! before I enter my password I can see the whole menu is yellow, but when I've entered my password I can't select every menu I want. I've tried to clear the CMOS but that doens't work.
    How can I make full use of my BIOS again?

Can you disable the Password?

Try clearing the CMOS Fully using this method >>>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/

Here is also some reading that may help if fully clearing your CMOS does not and you cannot disable the password >>>
    How to Bypass or Remove a BIOS Password - Technibble - A Resource for Computer Repair Technicians & to get PC tech support help.

How did the Clear CMOS go? Ya, you are going to have to start now with Testing that ram to be sure it is not faulty/DOA it happens and would be the next thing to test before you may want to consider RMA on the board as it may be faulty.
    Made no diff unfortunately, by the way perhaps you should highlight the "disconnect the power at the wall first" bit, I nearly missed it.

You have tried with the minimal connected right, to rule out a bad drive stopping the startup right?

You do have the ATX 12V 4/8Pin and ATX 24 pin connected right? Have to ask, ya would be surprised how many times I see users not plugging in the 4/8Pin ATX Plug
    Yes to both qs, the power supply connection had me initially though! I'm going to take the RAM into work tomorrow to try it on a PC there. I found some info that repeating long beeps can indicate a RAM problem.

i did it finally with the clear CMOS button on the backpanel. everything was set to default and the password was gone. now i can try to set a raid :-)
    tnx for the quick respond!

Glad to see you got it cleared A4-tje!

@ Dmarti14

Did you ever get anywhere with this?

I tried the RAM in another PC - its the RAM. The other PC (a Dell) wouldn't boot either. The motherboard seems to work fine with some other memory I borrowed.

Do you believe the RAM is faulty, or have I misunderstood the specifications? It is PC2-6400 RAM, which I thought, in theory would be compatible. It has latency timings of 4-4-4-12, and voltage requirements of 2.2 - 2.4V.

Thanks for the pointers

Yes, sounds like the ram may be faulty... But since that is high voltage rated ram it just may not be booting due to the default 1.8V of the board.

Use the ram you have that works, go into the BIOS and set 2.1V and save and apply/reboot then shut down and install your other ram. 2.2V is not likely needed, that is why I suggested 2.1V

Please link me to your ram if you can, if not tell me what model # it is

How is it possible to set RAID?
    I've got 2 harddrives for games and programs, now I want 3 more 1T hd's in RAID 5.
    Everything goes correct until i want to boot up. Then it gives an error (cant see what it is) and the system reboots, It does it all the time. Starting xp in safe mode doesn't help also.
    I don't want to set the other 2 HD's in RAID because I want them to stay like they are.
    I'm using firmwire F3

Thread Information