Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 157 of 185 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 1847

Thread: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

stasio is online now GIGABYTE Elite

Default Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

The "boys" at GB OC Lab..............

new WR..................7186.54 MHz (114.08 * 63) on UP7.
    Congrats guys!

http://gigabytedaily.blogspot.com/2013/04/...t-visitors.html

CPU-Z Validator 3.1
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

Exclamation NEED HELP ASAP! something cause file system corruption repeatedly

Hi!

Sorry if this comes out as very confusing, I will correct it later, its late now and am dead tired been at this problem for days now, haven't eaten at all today. So this bellow is my first post on the OCZ forum but
    its now clear the problem is with GigaByte BIOS or otherwise something on your end am afraid.

------------------------------------------
    Hi

Forgive me if I sound harsh or such am very upset as i´ve been at this for days. Please note that I'm an experiences PC (windows) users so I know what am doing, but this issue seems to be out of my hands.

I have recently purchased a new computer with an OCZ VECTOR SSD and a GA-Z77X-D3H (rev. 1.0) motherboard from time to time I get "The file system structure on volume C: has now been repaired." "The file system structure on volume C: can not be corrected. Please run the chkdsk utility on the volume C:.

I've search everywhere and at first I thought it was windows 8 which had problems., But after just now reading about another user on this forum with the same problems as me. It's now clear the problem lies not with the OS, atleast not by itself. I have reinstalled 4 times, tried everything possible. Say what you need from me for as this, had to be resolved immediately.

First post on OCZ forum...

Originally Posted by me&er

Hi,

Make sure you have the latest BIOS/UEFI for your board. You show F16 and Gigabyte are on F19Beta range, with F18 having had a major Manageability Engine (ME) FW update.

Make sure the Vector is on the latest v 2.0 FW.

Make sure you are using the official/latest Gigabyte Chipset and Storage Stack Drivers:

Intel INF installation - 9.3.0.1021

Intel Management Engine Interface - 8.1.0.1263

Intel® Rapid Storage Technology - 11.6 and Hotfix 1.0.0.1

Regards,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank so much for the fast replay, but where do you find that bios? the latest I see is

F17f 3,59 MB 2012-11-21 Beta BIOS

Support Secure boot option

also am using all that you mention

Hi!

Strange thing is, I re-flashed F16 with the atBIOS and that BIOS even due it should have been exactly the same it wasn't. Boot options had only up #8 before it was on #10, also the order of "floppy and hard drive boot order" had switched places. Never mind this, I manage to located the BIOS me&er talk about on some 3rdparty forum, no changelog was given so I went with what me&er said. So far so good, to early to tell due, I'll be back if the issue returns.

me&er! there was one for my board as well, (on that forum)
    ------------------------------------------------------------

OKAY! so it's not fixed! just took much longer time, am so tired of this, i don't know where to turn, here or GigaByte :x It almost always happens when I do a backup and then it looks like this

A corruption was discovered in the file system structure on volume OS.

The Master File Table (MFT) contains a corrupted file record. The file reference number is 0x1000000029fc8. The name of the file is "\Users\Mike\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Thu mbna ils\c\c34af78b.jpg\zh_TW". (Can be some other file) seem random then it continues...

The backup was not successful. The error is: The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable. (0x80070570).
    The Master File Table (MFT) contains a corrupted file record. The file reference number is 0x1000000029fc8. The name of the file is "<unable to determine file name>".
    The exact nature of the corruption is unknown. The file system structures need to be scanned online.
    The file system structure on volume C: has now been repaired.
    Volume C: (\Device\HarddiskVolume4) needs to be taken offline for a short time to perform a Spot Fix. Please run "CHKDSK /SPOTFIX" locally via the command line, or run "REPAIR-VOLUME <drive:>" locally or remotely via PowerShell.
    Too many repair events have occurred in a short period of time.
    Temporarily suspending posting of further repair events.

What do I do? can somebody please give me some suggestions on how to fix this...
    Last edited by Blackkatt; 05-12-2013 at 05:35 AM. Reason: corrections

If possible to wipe your SSD (not erase)?........
    you can google for wipe ssd (be sure all data will be lost).

You can do with Parted Magic (CCleaner) or any other "Secure wipe" utilities .

And flash (with Q-Flash) to latest BIOS GA-Z77X-D3H - F18d.
    Last edited by stasio; 05-12-2013 at 12:43 PM.
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    Win 10 x64

Quote Originally Posted by stasio View Post
    If possible to wipe your SSD (not erase)?........
    you can google for wipe ssd (be sure all data will be lost).

You can do with Parted Magic (CCleaner) or any other "Secure wipe" utilities .

And flash (with Q-Flash) to latest BIOS GA-Z77X-D3H - F18d.

Hi there!

Sure I will try that as soon it fails again, but could you please tell me why? as I've reinstalled many many times already.
    I re-flashed again with that bios yesterday but now also selected clear DMI, what ever that was. I also ran Prime95 for 7hours last night no issues.

Reflash (in future) with Q-Flash,as BIOS must made 2 cycles Off/On to clear all previous data.
    I have also problem with my SSD (corrupted OS, BSOD),until I wipe SSD totaly and install new OS.
    Edit:
    Other then this can be some kind of virus or faulty RAM stick.
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    Win 10 x64

Quote Originally Posted by stasio View Post
    Reflash (in future) with Q-Flash,as BIOS must made 2 cycles Off/On to clear all previous data.
    I have also problem with my SSD (corrupted OS, BSOD),until I wipe SSD totaly and install new OS.
    Edit:
    Other then this can be some kind of virus or faulty RAM stick.
    Hi!

It's absolutely no virus (if ever present) that virus would have be wiped many times over, i've probably reinstalled like 6 times as of late.
    I've ran prime95 for 7h also ran windows memory diagnostic and none indicate any issues. I also tried that what some other user did
    having the same issue, creating a zip archive larger then my RAM witch is 8GB and then checked for errors.

As for the BIOS flash, all data have been wiped every time. I just secure wiped the OCZ Vector SSD an reinstalled Windows.
    I still don't see how wiping the SSD would/could have any impact? I think If it doesn't come down to faulty hardware there's no doubt in my mind that
    this is BIOS related this is the most logical.

Past experience is that GigaByte takes a while before they can deliver a stable BIOS. It was exactly the same with my previous motherboard GA with the P35 chipset.
    The case involved constant BSOD, which eventually was corrected by a BIOS update (beta of course). I think GigaByte should spend significantly more time to
    deliver a stable and secure BIOS when they release a new motherboard.

Besides this problem, (I say this to better prove my argument on faulty BIOS) there's another issue where the USB ports (on VIA) is disable upon boot.
    (Seem to effect later BIOS after F16)

2 ways to fix that,

1. Reboot and enter BIOS then just save and exit, (the issue may come back later) / yes I said disable at boot, but its possible to enter BIOS then you get no where without keyboard/mouse with extension cord
    2. Plug in a keyboard/mouse with extension cord, login, then remove "VIA USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 0096 (Microsoft) then scan for hardware changes, Windows
    will then find all hardware connected to this Host Controller again (the issue may come back later)

I would take BSOD over file system corruption any day! BSOD is way easier to solve/pinpoint. If its not BIOS related where the user has no control. I apologize if I sound rude, am not trying to be.
    Last edited by Blackkatt; 05-12-2013 at 06:03 PM. Reason: corrections

Edit: nevermind, wrong forum.
    Last edited by OldGrowthSalmon; 05-13-2013 at 01:03 PM. Reason: wrong forum

profJim is online now Chief Munchkin + moderator

@OldGrowthSalmon

Your thread in the Gigabyte forum is the best place to post questions and seek help.
    Janus hasn't been a contributor in the forum for quite a while.

There are a few longtime forum members with unofficial ties with Gigabyte, but this is basically a user to user forum with a fair number of members with a lot of experience building, debugging and overclocking systems. In my 4+ years in the forum I don't remember seeing any posts from official Gigabyte tech support people.

A quick update! So far it seems it was the SSD all along, ppl at OCZ also recommended a secure wipe and today GigaByte confirmed the issue and that is my SSD. Thank everybody

GIGABYTE motherboards have lowest RMA rate:

We just came across a very interesting article on hardware.fr which examines the RMA (Return merchandise authorization) rates of several PC component segments by vendor. Although the data seems to be restricted to only e-retail, and covers only April 1 to October 1, 2012, it still paints a very positive picture from a GIGABYTE perspective.

- Gigabyte 1.19% (against 1.77%)
    - ASUS 1.79% (against 2.34%)
    - ASRock 2.09% (against 1.67%)
    - MSI 3.05% (against 2.24%)

Compared to the previous period, Gigabyte and ASUS are better, ASRock and MSI worse. Gigabyte is clearly in the lead, while the number of MSI goes above 3%, which is somewhat disturbing. If we look more specifically the rate of return on motherboards LGA 1155 Z77 Express, here's the ranking:

- Gigabyte 1.70%
    - ASUS 1.87%
    - ASRock 1.91%
    - MSI 3.57%

A large part of the high rate of return therefore comes from MSI Z77. All models here are the 5 most revenue models:

- 5.88% ASUS Rampage IV Extreme
    - 5.59% ASRock H77 Pro4/MVP
    - 4.94% MSI Z77A-G45
    - 4.10% ASRock 960GM/U3S3
    - 4.09% ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3

Here cause high overall MSI, the Z77A-G45 is a flagship model of the brand. Without it, the rate falls to 2.03% MSI on Z77 and 2.19% overall. A nasty surprise for us knowing that it is a model that we recommend in particular through our configurations.

Fortunately it seems solved as the following period (sales from October 2012 to April 2013) the Z77A-G45 is 1.45%. For the moment this interval is that MSI is leading the Z77 with 1.33% followed by 1.66% ASUS, Gigabyte and ASRock 1.96% to 2.38%.
    GIGABYTE Tech Daily: GIGABYTE motherboards have lowest RMA rate
    Motherboards - The return rate of the components (8) - HardWare.fr
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz