Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 158 of 185 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 1846

Thread: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Question Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Hi,
    I'm kindda new here in TT forums so please bear with me.
    Just would like to ask for a problem I have regarding my newly bought sniper m3 board. It seems using both discreet and integrated graphics cards results to my new monitor saying "VGA NO SIGNAL" error message can't even go to BIOS or start the formatting process, I've tested this system from my old LCD and a brand new LCD with the same results does anyone experienced this? I've tried the bare specs set-up and the CPU fans spins up, vidcard starts-up but still no video output I've read somewhere here in TT that setting vidcard on the lowest pcie slot may do the trick so I'll give it a try after I come home from work. I also tried removing all RAMS and powered-up and no beeps (Now I'm getting pretty scared that maybe the mainboard has problems although its still covered in waranty this experience will teach me that one of my favorite parts manufacturer can sometimes fail-- I hope not). My processor, board, and monitor are brand new only my RAM, vidcard and PSU are from my previous build. I'm not a computer techie but I can build PC. Can anybody give me any advice on how to fix this problem or just confirm my suspicion? I've already contacted the store where I purchased this board and processor and anytime this week I'll be returning this to them so they can have a look but ATM I'm posting this plea for help hoping they're is a hidden fix so I dont have to go on a 5-hour one-way drive just to return this parts?

My specs:
    CPU i7 3770 (stock) with stock cooler
    Mainboard Gigabyte G1 Sniper M3 (stock BIOS for I never even opened the BIOS yet)
    RAM Ripjaw 4Gb X 2 DDR3 1333 PC3 10666 CL9-9-9-24 1.5v
    PSU Seasonic M12II 750watts
    Graphics Card Gigabyte GTS450 1 Gb 128b DDR5 (Factory OC) with HDMI and DVI outputs
    Monitor ASUS 23" VS239H-P IPS LED/LCD with HDMI, DVI, VGA inputs

Thanks in advance to anyone who could offer help.

stasio is offline GIGABYTE Elite

Default Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Be sure that everything is connected,video card in top slot PCIEX16 (try without video card also).

For start plug in only one stick of RAM and before you power up clear CMOS for 10 sec.
    Also you can reseat CPU (check for bent pins in connector) and maybe power up with different PSU.

Try both VGA and DVI connections (hope cables are OK).
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

Is there any way to contact Gigabyte with general questions? There's no such option on their web. I just wanted a technical information about a product, and the only way to contact them is through a form where I have to put in serial number of whatever, and my system specs. I don't own it, I want to ask about it! Uuuuuh!

profJim is online now Chief Munchkin + moderator

@Octopuss
    Try contacting their sales or marketing departments.
    In another post, I think that I found several American phone numbers and/or email addresses when I clicked on ABOUT US or CONTACT US at the website.
    My P35 user manual lists quite a few GB websites throughout the world.
    It also says to go to GIGABYTE (TW) for technical and non-technical (Sales and Marketing) questions.
    Have you tried GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY (CZ)?

note: my user manual is very old.
    Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
    P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
    4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
    MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
    Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
    WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
    SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
    Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
    Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
    Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
    MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
    Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
    HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
    CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
    E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
    Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
    Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
    HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

timmsy is offline Junior Member

Hi all

ive got a slight problem

so ive put my new build all together and ran it up using the built in HD3000 graphics. everything is running perfectly fine

although when i put my sapphire 7850 gfx card in i get no video but the pc still boots to OS, change the dvi cable over to the intel graphics and its working fine again

rebooted and tried changing the Bios to PEG and gen 2 to use the pcie graphics first but still no luck, its like the bios isnt saving the settings

system
    z77x-d3h bios f16
    16gb corsair ram
    sapphie hd 7850 1gb
    corsair hx850w

I've tested the gfx card on another board and it works perfectly fine, i've installed and uninstalled with no trace of drivers and rebooted but still no luck, cleared cmos and loaded defaults and still the same

anyone have any ideas or is this card just not compatible?

Quote Originally Posted by stasio View Post
    Be sure that everything is connected,video card in top slot PCIEX16 (try without video card also).

For start plug in only one stick of RAM and before you power up clear CMOS for 10 sec.
    Also you can reseat CPU (check for bent pins in connector) and maybe power up with different PSU.

Try both VGA and DVI connections (hope cables are OK).
    Already tried reseating CPU, RAM, Graphics card, PSU connections. Also tried changing video outputs from VGA, DVI-I, and HDMI with brand new cables still no outputs. Tried my discreet at the 16x and 8x pcie slot still no luck. I should have gone with the ASUS Gene V in the first place should have save me from this troubles. Well thanks anyway..

Quote Originally Posted by profJim View Post
    @Octopuss
    Try contacting their sales or marketing departments.
    In another post, I think that I found several American phone numbers and/or email addresses when I clicked on ABOUT US or CONTACT US at the website.
    My P35 user manual lists quite a few GB websites throughout the world.
    It also says to go to GIGABYTE (TW) for technical and non-technical (Sales and Marketing) questions.
    Have you tried GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY (CZ)?

note: my user manual is very old.
    You were right. I used the non-technical form (even though it doesn't make sense, I wanted technical information) and got a reply today.
    Guess saying Gigabyte's support is useless is huge understatement:

Dear Jan,
    Thank you for your kindly mail and inquiry. About the issue you mentioned, there is only minor components difference between the two motherboards.
    If you still have any further question or suggestion about our products/service, please do not hesitate to contact us. We will try our best to help you resolve the problem ASAP.
    Regards,
    GIGABYTE

Like, no **** sherlock. But WHAT'S CHANGED???! Jesus.

Hello,GIGABYTE Technical Support!
    I have bought your mobo GA-970A-DS3 (rev. 3.0). Bringing it home and assembled it with amd vishera fx-8320 I found that your mobo`s BIOS does not support this cpu. My questions are :

-why GIGABYTE does not make new BIOS version with support AMD vishera 8 cores CPUs Wattage 125W such as fx-8320?

-why GIGABYTE is not loyal to your customers & does not want to keep BIOS of your mobo in actual state?

Can someone help me?

I have a gigabyte ga x79-ud7, and when i turn it on, the splash screen comes up, but i can't get into BIOS. After a while the black screen with the white, blinking line in the corner comes up, but nothing happens afterwards.
    I've tried to use other RAM, but the same problem occurs. I get the debug led code "2b", which is "memory initialization". And i have no idea what it means.
    I have also a buzzing sound in the power supply. Can this be my problem?

ericgl is offline Junior Member

Exclamation Intel HD4000 graphics with 2 monitors - flicker/glitch/black-out issue

Gigabyte support / Stasio / AceBMXR,

I have upgraded my RAM from 2x 4GB Kingtson HyperX Blu 1600MHz kit to 2x 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast 2133MHz kit.
    I am overclocking the CPU, GPU and RAM - system is running stable and temps are OK.
    See my signature for complete system details.

Up until this upgrade, my system ran smoothly without issues.
    However, now when playing video, a very quick flicker/glitch/black-out appears on both of my monitors every now and then (seems random).
    Flicker appears also in browser, but less frequently.

I've contacted Intel support, as I thought there might be an issue with the Intel graphics driver or Intel SVGA FW in BIOS.
    Here's a link to the post I made there with full description of the system and problem: INTEL COMMUNITY
    As I searched for a solution, I found someone suggesting changing the GPU voltage from AUTO to 1.00V.
    An Intel rep suggested the following:
    This issue is a BIOS issue specifically with the Memory Reference Code (MRC) version 1.4.0.0 or older.
    Please contact your system or motherboard manufacturer for a system BIOS update for your system or motherboard that includes MRC 1.5.0.0 or newer.
    If you have a system with 2 or more memory modules and are comfortable with removing all but one of them so that your memory is in single channel mode, try and remove all but one of them and the issue will go away.
    This can be used as a workaround until you are able to update your system BIOS from your system or motherboard manufacturer that includes MRC 1.5.0.0 or newer.
    I'm using BIOS F16c mod3 made by Stasio.
    UPDATE: Now updated to BIOS F16c mod4, but still flickering appears when playing video.

Does this BIOS contain MRC 1.5 or newer?
    Should I change the GPU voltage to 1.0V?
    Any other suggestion?

NOTE: As I've seen on the CanardPC forum, memtest 5.0 RC1 and memtest 5.0 posted by Stasio are both buggy and not reliable. Developer is MIA for a few months now.
    So I'm not going to use memtest for testing this 16GB RAM kit. I have used the built-in Memory Diagnostic of Windows 7, and it didn't find anything.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by ericgl; 07-11-2013 at 11:57 PM.
    GA-Z77X-UD5H rev. 1.0
    BIOS F16c mod with UBU 1.37
    Intel MEI FW v8.1.65.1586 + MEI driver v11.0.0.1166

2x 4GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 @ 1632MHz, 9-9-9-24-1T, 1.65V, Dual channel +

2x 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 @ 1632MHz, 9-9-9-24-1T, 1.65V, Dual channel (24GB total)

i5-3570K @ 4.5GHz @ 4 Cores (BCLK 102.26MHz, x44 multiplier) - air cooled.
    Max Intel XTU Score: 780
    Intel 520 120GB SSD - Win7 Pro SP1 x64 en-US
    Antec VP450P 450W PSU (4+4 power for CPU)
    1x LG IPS236 23" LCD monitors (DVI) running at 1920x1080.
    1x Dell U2713H 27" LCD monitor (miniDP) running at 2560x1440.

Thread Information