Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 17 of 185 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Default Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

I discovered my problem.

It turns out the Seagate 7200.11 hard drive (at least some versions) has a firmware problem that prevents it from being recognized by Vista when it is unformatted. Lots of other people have had similar problems but Seagate keeps selling these hard drives while they work on a firmware fix. Some people can install XP first and upgrade to Vista, but I bought another hard drive yesterday and it worked fine even with AHCI/RAID disabled.

Hey LSDMEASAP,

Just thought I would post back.
    I have a ticket open with Enermax, the manufacturer of my PSU, and they have explained to me why I needed the adapter Enermax motherboard power ada... for P35 chipset special current timings.

I assume this is PSU specific because the support person said:-

"The timing issue was due to the fact that there are two transformer that sometimes do not start up at the same time. The adapter was use to allow the motherboard to received the same signal from transformer A during start up."

This would explain why I would have to follow my special procedure for booting my machine until I connected it.

The tech support guy also confirmed for me that I could attempt to make one as long as it looked like the one in the picture.

I however do not need to make one because I have the one provided.

Thought this would help some people, even if it does seem related to Enermax PSU users only. I do sometimes think it could affect users of other PSUs but the companies that made those PSUs never figured out a fix.

Hope this helps :)

Unhappy EX58 UD5 BIOS crash with Sandisk Cruzer USB stick

When i boot and my Sandisk Cruzer is connected then the BIOS crashes at error 50 (initialize USB keyboard and mouse).
    With my other USB stick it does not crash.
    My cruzer usb stick is a bootable usb stick, i've tested in my other pc and there it works fine.
    i've also tested 3 BIOS versions F4 F5d and F5e but is crashes with all three. In windows the cruzer usb stick works normal.
    What can be the problem?
    CPU: Intel Core i7 920 @ 3,8 Ghz
    MB: Gigabyte EX58 UD5
    MEM: Kingston KHX11000
    CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE1366
    Case: Cooler Master HAF 932G
    GPU: MSI R4870X2 OC edition

Still no RAID possible on my Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5
    I have 2 HD with XP sp3/ games and 3 Samsung spinpoints. the first 2 HD's must stay how they are and the other 3 I want in RAID 5.
    I've tried to install Intel Matrix Storage manager but it gives the following error "the pc doensn't have the required minimum specs for installation" and then it stops.

After trying to set up the RAID using the normal way the pc keeps restarting without getting to XP. At startup the system give the following error: "AHCI BIOS not installed" I can't find how to fix it. anyone knows?

I have no experience with raid, but I would assume that you should be turning on the AHCI/RAID sata option on under "advanced settings" and I also assume that you might want to go back into the bios AFTER creating the raid setup and making sure the correct device is set for booting from first. I dont mean setting HD0 as the first boot device, I mean go into the submenu and select the correct hard drive to boot from.

You can do the boot device test easier for one time only by pressing F12 on bootup to see a list of devices available.

Try that, and report back, surely LSDMEASAP will be around soon :)

Question Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Could the Gigabyte staff answer this information request for me, please :

http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/ga-e...request-29840/

Thank you

Ok, not much on here for my motherboard so here goes.

System setup:

Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P mobo
    Intel E8500 stock freq
    4 GB (2x2) Mushkin DDR2 1066 memory
    Thermaltake 500W power supply
    EVGA nVidia 8600GT 256MB (256-P2-N751-TR)
    HEC 6XR8 BlackSECC ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
    3 x 1TB HDD
    sata blu-ray reader
    sata dvd-rw

The first board I got had some problems, turning on and off, beeping, and finally, it stopped working altogether. The problems only seemed to manifest themselves when I had turned the computer off for over about 15 minutes. I could restart the computer with little problem, but turning it on after a while of being turned off, and it would post (one short beep), then turn off, post, then turn off, and continue this infinitely. I RMA'd the board, and just got a new one.

Things are happening frighteningly similar to how the old board acted. The first time I turned the computer on with the new board, it gave me a bunch of short beeps, then stopped, then more short beeps. Now, when I turn on the computer after it being turned off for a while, it does the same thing, turns on, posts (one short beep), then turns off, and repeats until I get tired of that and unplug the computer, plug it back in, and start it. Then it appears to work fine.

Looking in the manual, the problem is either the power supply, video card problem, motherboard, or something else, honestly I have no idea at this point. I know for a fact it is not the video card, because while the mobo was out for RMA, the video card was sitting in another computer working flawlessly for 3 weeks. I don't think its the PSU because I tried another from a different machine and the same problem was there (before RMA). The machine works fine 80% of the time it is not starting after being turned off for a while, but I'm guessing its just a matter of time before it fails completely and I have to RMA the POS again.

I have not messed with any BIOS settings except bumped the ram voltage to 2.04 (Mushkin recommends 2.0-2.1) and setting the Hard drives to RAID only (windows XP and ubuntu fail to work properly with AHCI/RAID enabled)

Sooo... either the problem is that Gigabyte has a HUGE quality control problem, or I am doing something wrong. For the sake of not spending $10 to ship the damn thing again, I hope it's something I can fix at home. Please help.
    Last edited by realfstkid; 01-27-2009 at 10:26 PM.

@Realfstkid - Do you still have the boot problem if you remove all the hard drives and the DVD+blu-ray drives and try to power on after your 15min off period?

The PSU might be overloaded. You might need some more wattage for that setup, but thats not for definite.

Have you tried loading up with only 1 stick of ram in the socket closest to the CPU? Try this along with no drives connected. Will ensure that the PSU and the chipset shouldn't be overloaded, just to test.
    If it resolves your problem, add a drive at a time and boot up after your 15 mins downtime.

LSDMEASAP will be along shortly no doubt.

EDIT: Just re-read your post, have you added some Northbridge/MCH voltage to compensate for all those drives? The chipset gets stressed during overclocking and/or with a lot of drives connected when a large amount of RAM is also used.
    I don't know what the default voltage is on your board, but with it being gigabyte I assume you get increments of 0.1v or 0.05v so I would add +0.15 or +0.2v whichever your board offers.

Also check my post on page 11 (http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/welc...tml#post276838) for a possible bootup trick I used before I found my proper motherboard cable workaround.
    Last edited by infiniti25; 01-28-2009 at 12:59 AM.

Can I please get an official response to this thread:

http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/ep45...cks-ram-30024/

Others are beginning to report the same issue I am having.
    Gaming rig:
    XP Sp3
    Gigabyte EP45-UD3R bios F7a beta rev 1.0
    Q9550 GO OC'd 4ghz(471x8.5) with tuniq tower
    1 stick 2gigs G-Skill PI 8800s b/c this damn board won't run both sticks
    eVGA 8800Ultra Vanilla w/backplate--650core/1127mem/1654shader
    (1)500gig seagate 7200.10 main storage
    (2)320gig seagate 7200.10 sata extra storage
    lite on 20x dvd-burner sata
    corsair hx520 psu
    antec 900 case

Quote Originally Posted by infiniti25 View Post
    @Realfstkid - Do you still have the boot problem if you remove all the hard drives and the DVD+blu-ray drives and try to power on after your 15min off period?

The PSU might be overloaded. You might need some more wattage for that setup, but thats not for definite.

Have you tried loading up with only 1 stick of ram in the socket closest to the CPU? Try this along with no drives connected. Will ensure that the PSU and the chipset shouldn't be overloaded, just to test.
    If it resolves your problem, add a drive at a time and boot up after your 15 mins downtime.

LSDMEASAP will be along shortly no doubt.

EDIT: Just re-read your post, have you added some Northbridge/MCH voltage to compensate for all those drives? The chipset gets stressed during overclocking and/or with a lot of drives connected when a large amount of RAM is also used.
    I don't know what the default voltage is on your board, but with it being gigabyte I assume you get increments of 0.1v or 0.05v so I would add +0.15 or +0.2v whichever your board offers.

Also check my post on page 11 (http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/welc...tml#post276838) for a possible bootup trick I used before I found my proper motherboard cable workaround.
    Dude, thanks for your help. I haven't solved the problem, but I've at least found the problem.

test 1: boot w/ one stick of RAM, everything unplugged except main HDD. Post no problem.

test 2: boot w/ one stick of RAM, everything plugged in like normal. Post no problem

test 3: boot w/ TWO STICKS OF RAM, everything unplugged except main HDD, no post, restarting, same problems as before.

Soooo.... it has come down to the RAM being the problem. Now, the computer normally works correctly with both sticks of RAM, its just a problem with booting after a long period of being off. So is it my RAM or my Mobo settings? I am hoping its the mobo settings, and not my high-end Mushkin memory that I paid $90 for.

The only settings that I have changed Re the RAM is the DRAM voltage, set at 2.04 (Mushkin recommends 2.0-2.1).

I also figured out that my PSU is good until I try to OC, then there isnt enough power, so I'll be adding a new PSU to the list soon.

Please help with the memory problem.

Thread Information