Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 175 of 185 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 1846

Thread: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Default Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

ANTEC 1200 HCP
    GIGABYTE GA-X99-UD4 rev-1 LGA2011-v3
    I7 5820K
    EKWB CPU Cooler
    Crucial M550 M.2 128 GB 3.0 SSD +2 WD blue 1 TB 3.0 .
    16 gb G.Skill DDR4 2133
    2 EVGA 780 6gb.sc watercooled in SLI
    Creative Soundblaster Z 5.1
    64 Bit Windows 7 Pro.
    Corsair Air 540
    Steelseries Merc Stealth Keyboard
    Cyborg Rat 7
    1,2,3, Sharp LC-32LE551U 32" tvs in Surround
    #4 ACER V246HL

This is my hardware list My question is I acquired a 3rd evga780 6gb and I can't enable 3 way sli? The card displays and fans are working but I cant' enable 3 way ,2way works with 3 cards in. Is the motherboard causing this? As it is advertised to run 3way sli with a 5820k proc. Can you help?

stasio is offline GIGABYTE Elite

As I didn't own X99 board, can you post this question here:
    GIGABYTE X99 Motherboard Discussion/Club - Page 45
    or
    GB Technical support.
    Thanks.
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

got an issue with my x79s-up5
    while playing diablo 3, a game i thought was not demanding my pc locks up
    did varios tests and changed several settings but i just cannot get that game to work at all

i ran it succesfully with 1 stick of RAM - model cml16gx3m4a1600c9
    in the past i had to up the dram voltage to 1.6 to have it running but since i upgraded my bios to F4 i just cant get it to work
    i have tried increasing the vtt, imc and dram voltage, manually setting the CAS latencies on each stick and i just cant figure it out - note: i have my sticks on the grey dimms, should i try the black ones?

suggestions?
    ditch the mobo?
    get new ram?
    stop playing the game?

xplode is offline Junior Member

If you have 4 sticks of ram (you have corsair vengeance low profile quad channel kit) you can use only gray slots, the black ones are if you have 8 dimm(8 piece quad channel kit or 2 4 dimm quad channel kits). If you have problem with your ram the first thing you should do id run memtest from usb stick to test if your ram is OK. If you have any problems disable ram overclocking and xmp and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by xplode View Post
    If you have 4 sticks of ram (you have corsair vengeance low profile quad channel kit) you can use only gray slots, the black ones are if you have 8 dimm(8 piece quad channel kit or 2 4 dimm quad channel kits). If you have problem with your ram the first thing you should do id run memtest from usb stick to test if your ram is OK. If you have any problems disable ram overclocking and xmp and try again.
    ran memtest all night (8.5 hours) and nothing crashed, no errors, no nada
    got rid of the OC and XMP, still nothing.

ill try it further with only 2 sticks
    cause apparently having 4 just drives the mobo crazy

edit:
    so i removed the rams and tried them 1 by 1 and then in groups
    seems like ddr3_2 is giving me the problems.... with the ram on the rest of the slots i can play the game
    i will run hci memtest with all of the slots to see if its something that can be tweaked thru the bios otherwise im guessing its time to change mobo.
    Last edited by rorixrebel; 03-05-2015 at 01:55 AM.

Hello Janus,
    I just purchased a GB-BXi3-5010 and am having a problem in starting the OS install. I have installed a Kingston 4GB 1,35V, KVR16LSE11/4 SODIMM card and a Kingston SMS200S3/120G mSATA drive. I have created a bootable USB with a fresh .iso image from a new retail Windows 8.1 DVD. External monitor is attached via Mini Display Port and keyboard and mouse via usb.
    When I power up the unit, the blue power light goes on but nothing else happens. No video output and the power led on the bootable USB drive also does not come on.I have removed an reseated the mSATA and SODIMM cards to make sure they are in properly and also tested an external monitor via HDMI. No luck.
    What can be the problem? Hope you can help.

John Bowen is offline Junior Member

hi all new here sorry to bother everyone i require a little help. a month ago i bought a gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD7 board (rev3.0) along with a amd fx8350 processor for my new build. it just restarts with no warnings at anytime running games or otherwise. so not a driver issue. it states power loss in eventviewer. there is nothing wrong with the power supply as i have been running that for a while it is a silverstone strider evo 1200w, and i double checked by putting my enermax 850w in also same issues i have hardware tested everything and the only issue i have is mp symmetry failure on 7 of the 8 cores in PC-CHECK by eurosoft. so i removed that cpu and put in my old phenom 1090T 6 core again mp failure on one core but no crashing. is it possible that the motherboard could be causing these errors PC-CHECK is the only program i can find that checks the mp symmetry. i can not tell if it is a blown cpu but that would mean my other is also or the board is what is causing these issues i have researched everything i can on the net about mp symmetry there is not a great deal of information out there and all failures are done using that program. please help me

i have a older gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H with a 2700k and f14 bios (rev. 1.1) cpu idle temp is 9C-13c .........all cores are at 28c
    Last edited by friviz68; 03-30-2015 at 02:22 AM.

Hi,

I have a strange issue with Csm support. If I disable csm support and reboot the system locks up on the bios boot logo. Not only that I have two monitors one on DVI connection and the other on hdmi. When I disable csm the screen switched from dvi to hdmi and it's a bit higher res. I have to reset come next. Weird.

My specs gigabyte z87x ud5h with an evga 770gtx card.

the card is a year and half old. Could gop driver at fault?

thanks.

Hi,
    I have GA-Z77X-UD5H, i7 3770k cpu 16gb ram windows 10 64bit latest

I am struggeling with Wake on lan.

I can wake my computer with a magic packet when computer is in windows sleep, but if i turn off computer it doesn't work. used a sniffer and the magic packet is detected in the network. i am trying to wake it from another station in the network (LAN).

i think something is wrong with the mobo. i tried both the intel and the qualcom network cards.

whats your advice please ?
    CPU: Intel i7 3770k ; Video Card: Gigabyte HD5700 1GB ; Hard Disk: 256GB Samsung 840 pro SSD
    2nd HD: WD 2.5TB Green Main-Board: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H F15r ; Cooling: Antec Water Cooling
    Memory: Crosair 16GB 1600mhz ; Case: CoolerMaster HAF 920 ;Power Supply: Theremaltake Tough Power 850W

Thread Information