Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 176 of 185 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 1848

Thread: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Vallachia is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Quote Originally Posted by predatorftp View Post
    Hi,
    I have GA-Z77X-UD5H, i7 3770k cpu 16gb ram windows 10 64bit latest

I am struggeling with Wake on lan.

I can wake my computer with a magic packet when computer is in windows sleep, but if i turn off computer it doesn't work. used a sniffer and the magic packet is detected in the network. i am trying to wake it from another station in the network (LAN).

i think something is wrong with the mobo. i tried both the intel and the qualcom network cards.

whats your advice please ?
    1. Enable wake on lan in the BIOS.
    2. Enable wake on lan in the operating system. Go to the Adapter Properties for your intel Lan Adapter. Look at the Power Management Tab. Make sure 'Wake on Magic Packet from power off state' is ticked. Make sure both 'Wake on Magic Packet' and 'Wake on Pattern Match' are ticked as well.

zoof is offline Junior Member

Hi,

I just build a computer with the GA-Z97X-GAMING 5, a Sapphire R9 280, a 120 GB Crucial SSD, 1TB WD Blue HD and 16GB Gskill RAM. I have Windows 7 which I purchased about 2 years ago which I put on USB and the install crashes. I've also tried booting off of an Arch based distro which gives me a kernel panic. Any suggestion for how to get Arch booted up? (Windows would be nice also but I need linux.)

Many thanks!

Anyone notice when disabling CSM (Compatibility support Module) and selecting Never for CSM your system stalls on its posting routine with more than one video card installed? Such that it will work in pure uefi mode with only one gpu? Doesn't matter which GPU 770GTX or 740Gt. More than one and its stuck at boot logo.

Thanks

My specs:

Gigabye Z87X-UDH5 Bios F9
    Intel 4670K-i5 and GTX770 (also GT740)
    Corsair 2x8gb premium ram

have an older GIGABYTE motherboard, and 2 questions.

My Mobo: GA-EP45-UD3R rev 1.1 with BIOS F12.
    Intel ports currently set to ACHI.

1) I'm planning on getting an SSD.
    Does the F12 BIOS support TRIM on a (non-raided, ACHI) SDD?

If not, what do I do?

2) I might want to connect an internal 3TB or 4TB HDD.

Google shows that often this motherboard can't handle drives greater than 2TB, and can only access the first [size] MOD 2TB of the drive (~800GB for a 3TB drive).

I've found various BIOS mods, including this likely one:
    GIGABYTE Modified Bios

Elsewhere I've read that the ACHI ROM in the BIOS is separate from the RAID ROM in the BIOS.
    Also read that a modded BIOS can allow drives larger than 2TB.
    ... and the mods often update the RAID ROM, which I presumably won't be using.

What do I do?
    Does the F12 BIOS handle drives larger than 2TB?
    If not, I presume a moddee ROM will, and do I have to also set the Intel ports to RAID to enable the >2TB fix?
    (Because the mods don't often update the ACHI ROM, OR do they patch a problem in the ACHI ROM but not bump up the version number?)

Thanks,
    Mark

System Windows 7 x86

stasio is online now GIGABYTE Elite

Hmm,is hard to go back to old system,anyway I suggest to try modded F13e and see....

Btw,
    if you need Intel® AHCI ROM 1.20E (23.03.2010),last know AHCI ROM.
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

xxwestxx is offline Junior Member

Hi. The problem is this: after you turn in the item UEFI Secure Boot the computer turns on properly and working properly, but once off the item once it has been enabled and the PC worked after applying the settings with a reboot, the PC no longer turns on, goes into a cyclic reboot and no longer available. (Tried versions with enabled and disabled CSM and FastBoot). Clearing the CMOS if that doesn't help. Ie it turns out some "disposable" option this SB. The way out of this situation is the ONLY replacement on any supported CPU with iGPU on Board, my CPU embedded video is missing. Then you can go to UEFI, disable SB with application settings and replace the processor on your. Had tried UEFI version since F13 and ending F16. Also tried the video card with UEFI support and without it - the result is always the same. Tried to perform the same actions on MB other vendors with the same CPU and VGA are there any switches to normal.
    Z77X-UD5H rev1.0
    Xeon E3-1240 V2
    SAPPHIRE HD 7970 3GB GDDR5 (11197-06) UEFI

Default I own the GA Z170X Gaming GT motherboard and hope someone can help me

For some reason the GT Z170 came out last and also Gigabyte has not posted a Beta XMP Bios on its website like the
    Gaming 7 and the Gaming G1 motherboards.

I came to TweakTown and discovered that there is in fact a new Bios "F3b" for the GT model Board.

I have not assembled my system yet so I dont know what is going to happen but I can pretty much see that I will
    also be encountering memory problems.

My only hope will be the Bios posted here on this Website. My memory is a 16 Gig kit at 3200. I will be installing Windows 10 Pro
    on a Clean drive. I also have 2 x 980 ti Graphics Cards for SLI.

I need to know if the Bios releases posted here are ok for my Region , the USA, first and any info anybody might be able to tell me about
    the Gaming GT z170x board would be so appreciated. It is brand new and a Rev 1.0 just waiting to be put together.

I would so much appreciate any suggestions or people that may have my motherboard up and running.
    thanks

Valnac is offline Junior Member

Default Bios reset for main bios.

I had an issue where I plugged in a brand new Razer Deathstalker Ultimate to my machine into the 2 top most USB 3.0 slots while it was turned off. I noticed that even though it was turned off the display and keyboard lit up. I assume this is the charging option utility in effect even though my lighted CM Keyboard never lit until after boot.
    Well I then preceded to power on system with new (and apparently powered) keyboard installed and immediately got a bios boot error (Didn't get to post or Windows load). It then asked to If i wanted to reset to defaults and reboot. I choose the option to reset and reboot and upon rebooting the mother board would start the boot process and then after going through a few codes would beep and reset itself again, continuously doing this. I powered off and unplugged the Razer, turned off and unplugged PSU and then reset CMOS. Same issue continued where it would beep the reset continuously. I then powered off again, set switch to 2nd bios, and it booted up and loaded windows fine.

Update* Attempted to repair bios by putting both switches at 1, Holding power until it resets and then powering on again. No help. Same issue persists. When set to dual bios B and boot from recovery bios, the first boot fails then reboots and loads fine, but without any options to repair.

Main Bios was version is F7
    Secondary/Recovery Bios version is F4

Now questions/issues I'd like to resolve are:
    1. Fix main bios. Still cant even boot into it. Would like to know if I need to set switch to single bios (2 setting on SB switch) and then q flash? Should I set to main bios again and attempt to repair bios? and how best to do that?
    2. Should I attempt to update secondary Bios while leaving BIOS_SW switch in 2 position?
    3. disable the USB power options when machine is off.

i7-4790k|Gigabyte GA.G1 Sniper Z97|2x Zotac GTX970 AMP! Extreme Edition|16GB G Skill Sniper 2133|120GB Mushkin Chronos SSD|500GB Samsung Evo|2tb Seagate SSHD|Cooler Master Hyper Evo 212|EVGA Supernova 750G|CM N400 Case|Windows 10 Pro x64
    Last edited by Valnac; 10-03-2015 at 05:58 AM. Reason: Updated info.

stasio is online now GIGABYTE Elite

^
    Hi,
    firstly download latest BIOS F8:
    http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList...per-z97_f8.zip

Unplug all USB 3.0 tongle (except mouse and keyboard ,which can be in USB 2.0).
    To repair Main BIOS....
    BIOS_SW in position 2 (Backup BIOS...F4)
    SB_SW in position 1 (Dual BIOS)
    Power up and fast pressing ALT+F10 on keyboard before splash screen.
    This should start Main BIOS reflash.
    So,you will have both BIOS's on F4, off system and switch BIOS_SW in position 1 (Main BIOS) and flash latest BIOS F8.
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

i owe a gigabyte p25w laptop and it doesn't have any pawer manager like sony's vaio care or lenevo's energy manager...and my battery is always full charged
    when my battery is 90% i want my laptop use ac mode instead of dc mode and doesn't charge my laptop to 100%...and there is no any option in power option to do that
    i really need help

Thread Information