Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 179 of 185 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 1846

Thread: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Default Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

ya, it can be a pretty time consuming process so I totally understand and you are right about 0.65 - I'll fix that now.

babol9 is offline Junior Member

sos sos sos

Hi guys I am new around here and saw that you have great support for the boards, and I wanted to ask some questions as I am having some issues with this board. My specs are: mobo: ga-h55n-usb3 processor: Intel i5 540 rams: 4GB, (2x2GB KINGSTON kvr1333d3n9/2g) trying to add memory 8gb, ( 2x4gb KINGSTON KVR13N9S8/4) fail SOS SOS SOS not how to program the nominal bios memory timings, Ram Multiplier ( I am apprentice) CPU goes into constant reboot, I can only access the BIOS to the operating system will not sorry for my English, I'm Spanish and I use google translator thanks for the help

Read more: GA-H55N-USB3 SOS Ram 2x4G

Default SSD compatibility

I would like to buy one of the new boards, (GA-H170-Gaming 3).
    On all these new boards compatibility lists it shows no Samsung SSD drive over 256 gigs are supported.
    I would like to build a simple system with a 500 gigs to 1 terabyte Samsung SSD.
    It would be the boot drive (and only drive in the system).
    Is this doable?
    GA-H170-Gaming 3

GA-H170-Gaming 3

Momo is offline Junior Member

Anyone else having keyboard/mouse initialization issues when posting?

Even with fast boot disabled, my keyboard doesnt turn on till after the POST screen passes.

Z170 gaming 7 here, running F7G bios.

Had to install the gigabyte fast boot utility just to get into the BIOS using the 'boot to bios now button' in the app.
    Once i'm in there, after the reboot, mouse and keyboard are getting NO power. If i unplug/replug the keyboard, BOTH the mouse and keyboard then get power and i can continue as normal.

Very strange.

Any thoughts?

EDIT: problem solved. WTF gigabyte? i was installing a utility (hdmi firmware update tool) gigabyte recommends unplugging power cord after install for 30 seconds and booting. Upon boot, mouse/keyboard initialize as normal. okay...

that hdmi firmware update tool did nothing, won't work after the reboot, lol. Pretty sure this will be my last gigabyte motherboard, I just never saw this kind of 'stuff' from ASUS.
    Last edited by Momo; 02-22-2016 at 10:46 AM.

Hardrocker11969 is offline Junior Member

Angry Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tweak View Post
    The GIGABYTE Technical Support forum is now open and ready for posts!

Please welcome Mr. Janus Yeh from GIGABYTE who will be here to answer your tech questions related to all GIGABYTE products.

When posting questions, please provide as much info as possible such as full system specs, what operating system and drivers you are using and please describe your problem as full as possible.

This is also an area you can discuss upcoming GIGABYTE products and we will also conduct giveaways and competitions in here from time to time as well.

I just bought my graphics card a Gigabyte Geforce 750ti 4gb and the gigabyte guru program that goes with it will not show up on my computer. the program installs but when you click it it asks if i want the changes i accept and the utility never comes up or shows.

Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    CPU
    Intel Xeon E5 1620 v2 @ 3.70GHz 46 C
    Ivy Bridge-EP/EX 22nm Technology
    RAM
    16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 797MHz (11-11-11-28)
    Motherboard
    Hewlett-Packard 1589 (CPU0)
    Graphics
    W2343 (1920x1080@59Hz)
    4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti (Gigabyte) 36 C
    Storage
    465GB TOSHIBA DT01ACA050 (SATA) 34 C
    111GB KINGSTON SV300S37A120G (SSD) 31 C
    Optical Drives
    hp DVD-RAM SW830
    Audio
    Realtek High Definition Audio

coil3365 is offline Junior Member

Hello, I recently purchased a Gigabyte Z170x gaming MOBO and I am having some technical issues. Two in particular. First off, I have no experience with Gigabyte or Intel products. I came from an Asus ROG board and FX 8350. I made the switch about two weeks ago. I really like my setup and I chose Gigabyte this go around since this MOBO has a USB DAC Up that I have hooked up to my Shiit Audio Magni 2 Uber headphone amp and the Shiit Magni 2 Uber DAC. I like audio and I also have two other components that require USB 2.0.

1) After using the gigabyte easy tune to overclock the cpu (which by the way I feel totally clueless with OCing intel, so I used the gigabyte easy tune for ease) to 4.5 ghz and a 1.34 cpu voltage. I only adjusted the multiplier and cpu voltage. It is stable after an hour of Intel Extreme tune, 10 minutes of P95 Small FFT, 10 minutes o P95 blend, and 15 minutes of ROG Real Bench. My problem is this; after going back into the Gigabyte easy tune under the CPU OCing tabe I click on the default button (since I want default settings)then click apply and my computer freezes. Nothing works, but the power is on. I am left to holding down the power button on the front IO panel and it shuts off. Then I will power it back up and after a few seconds of no Q-codes on the MOBO showing, it turns itself off. Then after a few more seconds it turns my computer back on then off after a few seconds. This cycle repeats until I turn the power switch off on my PSU in the back then wait 10 seconds or so. I then flip the PSU power switch on and everything seems to work fine.

2)My second problem is that when I start up my PC and open up CPU ID, it freezes my computer also and I am left with manually powering it down then powering back up again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PC Specs:
    Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 6 MOBO (FC3 BIOS)
    I7-6700k CPU
    32gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram (4x8)
    R9 295x2 GPU
    Catalyst Control Center Graphics Driver 16.3.1
    Windows 10 Home 64 bit (clean install)
    Corsair RM1000 PSU
    Samsung 850 Pro 256gb (OS SSD)
    Samsung 850 Evo 1tb (Gaming SSD)
    WD 1tb HDD for documents and stuff
    Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard
    Corsair RGB Sabre Mouse/ and sometimes the Mionix NAOS 7000 mouse

stasio is online now GIGABYTE Elite

Hi and welcome to forum.

First,
    I suggest you update to BIOS F3:
    GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1151 - GA-Z170X-Gaming 6 (rev. 1.0)

How to flash BIOS:
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ash-guide.html

Second,
    to understand overclocking read this:
    TweakTown's Ultimate Intel Skylake Overclocking Guide

Third,
    which CPU ID you "open" ?
    Last edited by stasio; 03-19-2016 at 04:17 PM.
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

Thank you for your reply Stasio...

I will update my BIOS and read the TT ultimate overclocking guide.

The CPUID I have is the CPUID CPU-Z G1

Quote Originally Posted by stasio View Post
    Hi and welcome to forum.

First,
    I suggest you update to BIOS F3:
    GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1151 - GA-Z170X-Gaming 6 (rev. 1.0)

How to flash BIOS:
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ash-guide.html

Second,
    to understand overclocking read this:
    TweakTown's Ultimate Intel Skylake Overclocking Guide

Third,
    which CPU ID you "open" ?

Stasio,
    So I flashed my MB BIOS to F3 and followed those steps by the way. I also have factory default settings except my memory XMP profile 1 which brings my RAM to 3000mhz. Opening CPU
    ID CPU-Z does not freeze my computer now. The version of CPUID CPU-Z G1 is 1.75.0 x64.

I entered the gigabyte app center, clicked on easy tune, and clicked on Advanced CPU OC. I loaded my 4.5ghz profile and applied. The CPU speed adjusted to 4.5ghz and seemed fine. I then clicked on the default button of the Advanced CPU OC section and hit apply.....it froze right at that moment. I held my power button down until my PC shut off. I waited maybe 10 seconds and powered back on. Now this is where it would automatically power on then a few seconds later power off and continue to do so until I shut the power off from the PSU. The good news is that it powered up just fine without any issues. I think the BIOS update fixed that problem. Now I think the Gigabyte app centers "easy tune" is freezing my computer....so I would assume I should stop using it and just OC with the TT ultimate skylake OCing Guide. (correct me if I'm wrong)

Also, the OCing guide has 15 pages....I should only pay attention to pages 1-8, 13, and 15? I'm actually going to print these up and I didn't want to get confused with any other information in the guide that pertained to another brands' MOBO or RAM.

stasio is online now GIGABYTE Elite

If you want to overclocikng ...open new thread ...somebody will guide you.
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;