Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 180 of 185 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 1846

Thread: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Sandokan71 is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

I built my new PC based on Z170 Gaming 7.

Both usb keyboard and mouse switch on and off several time during post and windows boot. There isn't any other device connected to USB ports.
    This appens with and without fast boot enabled and with F7g and F7r bios. I don't know if this appens with F6 bios.
    Is this normal?

Thanks

Hi,
    this is a bit of a long and convoluted tale but I'll try to be as clear as i can. First, system specs:

GA-Z97X-Gaming 7
    i7 4790K @ stock settings
    EVGA 980TI SC
    16GB DDR3 2400MHz Corsair Vengence RAM
    250GB Samsung 840 SSD
    750W Seasonic PSU

Ok so every few weeks my system will on a cold boot fall into a boot loop before the post beep. It will just keep churning over and over until I hold down the power button.
    Now when this happened the first time around I tried various things.

I found that if i booted on one stick of RAM I could get back into windows. So I then turned the machine off and tried to boot from cold, still with the one stick inserted and the same happened again, boot loop. This meant I couldn't even use the one stick trick to get back into windows but luckily I had some spare RAM from an old build so popped a stick of that in and it booted up.

Yayy i thought it must have been the RAM... Er nope! Even with this different ram if then turned the machine off and tried to boot it would again fall back into the boot loop.

So i popped one of the original ram sticks back in and weirdly it booted, I then flashed the bios which seemed to be the solution. Everything worked as it should and i thought no more of it.

A few weeks later it happened again. I got back into windows and flashed the bios. Once again all was fixed.

A few weeks later and it's now yesterday and it happens again. As I'm at the highest bios version I flash it back to F7 and in doing so heard some very weird bios beeps. At one point the bios was beeping continually although eventually it seemed to sort itself out and that's where I'm now at.
    System seems to be working without flaw but then again it always does until this damned issue raises it's head again.

The issue occurs in both bios, 1 and 2 as it's dual bios system.

I've ran the Intel diagnostic on the chip which passed

As i said above I've tried two sets of RAM both did the same thing.

I sent a support ticket to Gigabyte but I think the issue is too difficult and they stopped replying lol..

If anyone has an idea I'd appreciate it.
    Last edited by kemical; 03-26-2016 at 06:32 AM.

VegasRoller is offline Junior Member

Hello. I just built the following mini-itx system to play Minecraft with Shaders on high settings. Two (2) problems have occurred.

CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1231 v3
    GPU: Gigabyte gtx 970 gv-n970ixoc-4gd
    MoBo: AsRock H97M-ITX/ac Rev 1.02
    SSD: Samsung Evo
    PSU: 450W SFX (80+Gold)

Problems:

1- the GPU wouldn't manage its fan speeds in time, so the card was getting very hot and black-screening, through research I found a solution to this problem (on an Amazon review of the card entitled: "READ IF HAVING BLACK SCREEN ISSUES (or waste a lot of your time) by C. Barker) in case you're interested in seeing what he wrote. He suggested downloading OC Guru-II from Gigabytes website, so I did. I set the fans to manual and selected economy mode, the black-screening stopped. The issue now is that while running this software it makes my system have lag spikes where whatever I'm doing will stutter every few seconds. No Guru, no stutter but then card overheats when gaming. Any suggestions? Any settings on mobo or in system needing to be set? Is this a conflict or known issue? What to do next? I was going to build 2 more of these systems with Gigabyte GPU, but if I can't solve this problem soon, then I'll return the card and buy ASUS mini-itx's. Any ideas?

Can be Reproduced: just by opening Guru-II software and dragging the window in circles around Windows 7 desktop, the window jumps at about the same interval when Lag Spikes hit my gaming.

2- Second problem is that now while gaming, the card sits at 70C but the fan is at 90% and now it seems there's coil whine. It's becoming noisier every day I use it. The GPU seems to throttle while playing even when there's nothing taxing going on. Sometimes while gaming the fan speed and temp drop to 45C, but then revs itself up again and starts the 90% fan speed and coil whine for like 30 minutes... then back down... CPU isn't changing much. Any ideas?

Thank you.

EDIT:

There are other people with the same problem and discovery, as far back as a year ago, if you scroll to the bottom of the page, the poster resolves his issue by either rolling back the Guru software to 1.6.4 or just turning it off. link: Massive Input Lag - Forums - Battlelog / Battlefield 4

Are there other software solutions that might work better? Is Gigabyte addressing this issue with their software? Seems you guys just released a new version of Guru-II TODAY... how convenient. I'll try it out and update this post. [UPDATE: STILL LAG SPIKING MY SYSTEM, SO UPDATING GURU-II TO VER 1.99 DOES NOTHING TO SOLVE MY PROBLEM]

The other issue of fan speed timing/throttling was sovled by rolling gpu bios back to beta, I prefer not flashing my bios. That was on a GTX 960... I'll wait for any info before flashing bios. - Thanks again.
    Last edited by VegasRoller; 04-14-2016 at 04:04 AM.

dcnblues is offline Junior Member

New build with GIGABYTE GA-X99P-SLI / ​i7-5820K. Trying to dual boot off twin SSD's. Loaded Win 10 on first SSD. Loaded Kubuntu 16.04 on second. Ran update grub while in Kubuntu.

Immediately screwed up boot. While I still get a flash of Gigabyte logo and one beep on bootup, no matter what keys I press, it just goes to black screen. Have disconnected pretty much everything, shorted the CMOS jumper, no progress. Very frustrated with new $2200 paperweight.

-How do I troubleshoot the motherboard? Or reset it? (I've carefully followed recommendation about draining power with switch and case power and screwdriver to the two pins).
    -What are the three pins immediately left of the CLR CMOS pins? I haven't touched them, but they're not in the manual, and CLR CMOS hasn't worked...
    -What does update grub actually do? I'm guessing it reset both primary and backup bios, yes? Why can't I find any information on update grub?
    -Are there any particular sata mobo inputs I should use for SSD's / hard drives? I was kind of fighting the bios during USB / disk installs, and afterward. BIOS never created a convenient boot order, in fact it was pretty good at putting the drive I wanted at the end of the priority list. I can only guess I was putting SATA cables in non-optimal locations. Should I not have used motherboard SATA express connectors?

I could really use some help.

Last edited by dcnblues; 05-20-2016 at 05:31 AM.

I just built a new computer with a GA-Z170X Gaming G1 MB. I can't for the life of me figure out how to connect the mmcx wireless antenna to the I/O port. the port seems to require a screw on connector but the the antenna connectors themselves are without them. I have never seen or used this type of connector before so I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

stasio is offline GIGABYTE Elite

^
    Manual...page 28 (no screw required).
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

Quote Originally Posted by mofolss View Post
    I just built a new computer with a GA-Z170X Gaming G1 MB. I can't for the life of me figure out how to connect the mmcx wireless antenna to the I/O port. the port seems to require a screw on connector but the the antenna connectors themselves are without them. I have never seen or used this type of connector before so I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.
    I found the solution to my own problem. The user guide describes "tightening" the antenna cables to the connectors. It should have stated "insert" the connectors and they will snap into place.

sfuma is offline Junior Member

Hello! There Motherboard GA-H97-D3H. Why in the last bios no localization into other languages?

Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!-16-jpg

sfuma is offline Junior Member

Hello! I bought a motherboard with BIOS version F5 and everything worked well. After updating the BIOS F5 to F7 error occurred: Event 41 - Kernel Power critical error.
    BIOS -F6, F7 does not work with HASWELL processors.
    I can not go back to the BIOS F5. What to do? How to return to F5?
    My system:
    Product Name: GA-H97-D3H (1.0)
    BIOS Ver: F7
    CPU: HASWELL i5-4570
    Operation System: Win 10 64-bit
    Memory Kingston KVR16N11/8

P.S.
    Sorry for my bad English

boe323 is offline Member

do you have a bios switch? if not you need to force the backup to flash the main. Also ...thjey should support the cpu if the lower bios version already supported it. Go through your drivers and update them all, if not successful then try windows generic drivers
    Last edited by boe323; 06-03-2016 at 01:21 AM.
    A WHOLE LOT OF NOTHING WORKS PROPERLY

Thread Information