Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 186 of 188 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188 LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,860 of 1873

Thread: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Globespy is offline Junior Member

Default BIOS F22j - anyone experiencing negative outcomes regarding performance/other?

I updated to the F22h which was supposedly the fix for the spectre/meltdown microcode thing.
    But after upgrading to Win 10 1803, I see that I am now vulnerable once again to Spectre (CVE-2017-5715) Vulnerable

I'm guessing F22j has new stuff for fixing this?
    Appreciate any guidance or feedback as I don't want to update for updating's sake when my PC has been problem free for many months.
    Microsoft should release a patch for this, like they did in Win 10 1709 so maybe waiting is best?
    Thanks

stasio is offline GIGABYTE Elite

Default Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

^
    Update latest BIOS F22j and look for KB4090007 v.2.
    Last edited by stasio; 05-08-2018 at 02:57 PM.
    Z390 AORUS Master,
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

Quote Originally Posted by stasio View Post
    ^
    Update latest BIOS F22j and look for KB4090007 v.2.
    Thanks Stasio.

Can I assume that the F22j version is a solid BIOS and I should have no isssues with my existing settings (small OC to 4.5ghz on my i76700K) that is 200% rock solid?
    Is this new KB out yet, or is this something Microsoft will push for Win 10 1803 in the near future?

Also, how severe is this vulnerability? I read that one of these issues would only be an issue if a hacker had physical access to the PC but can't recall which one.
    No one but me touches my PC, so if it's not a massive concern then I may be tempted to leave the BIOS and wait for the Windows patch.

Appreciate your feedback.

Hello Stasio

I appreciate your reply regarding the new BIOS to protect from Spectre.
    Are you currently using this latest BIOS on your Gigabyte board, and can you attest to it's stability?

I have unfortunately read some pretty negative reviews of this BIOS version, causing serious system instability, in some cases the PC won't post.
    Of course human error is a factor in some of these, but with the Gigabyte BIOS flashing process being so incredibly easy, only an idiot could screw it up.

I haven't had a great experience with Gigabyte BIOS, and have had to go through the laborious process of downgrading after trying out the F21 versions that essentially made even modest OC impossible. I think I'm back on F6 or F8d (can't recall which one was considered the best performer)

I'm hesitant. Yes, Spectre is a threat, but a dead or poorly performing PC is worse as this PC is only used for gaming.
    And Microsoft promises an updated patch for Win 10 1803.

With the Microsoft patch, a hacker would need physical access to my PC I understand?

Appreciate your feedback.

EDIT:

Unless you simply haven't updated your PC stats, looks like you don't follow your own advice regarding BIOS versions.
    I can only guess that it's because the new versions negatively impact performance, and/or you don't see the issue as severe enough.
    Last edited by Globespy; 05-10-2018 at 12:11 AM.

popara is offline Junior Member

Hello i want tp purchase gigabytes ab-350m gaming 3 motherboard.Im interested can latest F23d bios allow instalation of windows 7 ultimate 64-bit.Will i get
    the bios in this system is not fully acpi compliant bsod error?

AMI user is offline Junior Member

Hi !

Does it exist any repositories where older build's of utilities can be downloaded?

Thinking of Easytune from 2013...

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by AMI user; 11-16-2018 at 10:07 AM.

Exclamation Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

I'm running a Gigabyte GA-Z170n Gaming 5 rev 1.1 and an Intel 6700k on Windows 10. I updated from an old F5 BIOS to the latest F23f with no errors and now my PC won't boot. It won't boot into Windows. I can't boot from a USB device or even the DVD drive. It just keeps boot looping and then shutting down, starts back up and repeats. I can get into the BIOS fine but can't boot anything. I tried to reflash the F5 BIOS but as you know it blocks you from reverting back.

Is there anything I can do or will I have to RMA it? I can't even boot into FreeDOS to bypass the flash restrictions that are in place. Very frustrating experience considering something similar happened when I tried updating from F5 to F20 a few years back and it wiped out my RAID array. At least then I was able to boot into FreeDOS and force flash the F5 and recover everything. I've been a life long supporter but the whole experience with seemingly unstable BIOS with many unintended side effects has left me disappointing.

I appreciate any help.

stasio is offline GIGABYTE Elite

Try to clear CMOS.

Btw,
    Efiflash downgrade......
    Efiflash downgrade
    Z390 AORUS Master,
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

BruceY30 is offline Junior Member

Hello Can anyone tell me if my Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 (rev 1) is compatable with EVGA Geforce GT 710 GPU? Powered up, gpu card fan spins but monitor says "no signal". I even tried hdmi cable to tv, still nothing. GPU was bought new

Update. I purchased new a MSI ARMOR RADEON
    RX570. 8GB GDDR5. PCIE-16 GPU. I get SAME result. I was told elsewhere the bios has to be updated to use such advanced gpu after lesser cpu is installed. I have INTEL i7-970 w/12 meg cache 3.2 ghz and was told bios has to be updated to use THAT cpu. I did see that cpu is comparable with F15 or something like that. I have no way of knowing currently what version it has NOW without lesser video card. This is a new build, and boy last one I built over 10 years ago was not as difficult to get er running.
    Last edited by BruceY30; 05-13-2019 at 09:00 AM.

abeespiritu is offline Junior Member

[QUOTE=Mr.Tweak;243033]The GIGABYTE Technical Support forum is now open and ready for posts!

Please welcome Mr. Janus Yeh from GIGABYTE who will be here to answer your tech questions related to all GIGABYTE products.

When posting questions, please provide as much info as possible such as full system specs, what operating system and drivers you are using and please describe your problem as full as possible.

This is also an area you can discuss upcoming GIGABYTE products and we will also conduct giveaways and competitions in here from time to time as well.

i am assembling at Gigabyte A320M-S2H V2 with AMD A8-9600 with 8GB ddr4... the power supply supplied by XIGMATEK SG02 has only a 4pin ATV_12v and the motherboard has 8 pin port ATV_12v... will this work or do i need another power supply with an 8pin ATV_12v?

Thread Information