Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 185 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

@imjohn

For #1. I would like to know what cooler you are using for your CPU? Sounds as if you dont have it settled on there properly, or you have too much thermal paste

#2. You extract the initial BIOS zip file into a folder on your desktop, then inside you will find 3 files. There is a few ways to flash safely, and using @bios within windows is not good. So you want to either use a Floppy or USB.

To use a USB all you need is the one that is named "Biosname.version" That is a example, a actual BIOS file that you need would be named similar to this (p35ds4.f12) That is the file you want to copy to your USB device LEAVE IT INSTALLED/INSERTED, then reboot and hit "End" to go into Q-Flash and then pick your USB stick from the list, it will be called Hard Disk, if you see a few look thru them until you see your BIOS file, then choose it and apply the flash. You may have to enable Legacy USB storage Detect" in the Integrated Peripherals Page of the BIOS to use USB to flash I am not sure since I have mine on and off so much, if you do not find your USB device, check this setting. If still no luck, format the USB and try again with both settings

If you want to do it with a floppy if you have one you can use Qflash to do the same, put the BIOS file onto the floppy and then put the floppy in and reboot and hit "End" to go into Qflash and then choose floppy

The other 2 files are for Plain DOS flashing which you do not need to do as you can easily use Qflash. I suggest against @BIOS because many things can go wrong within windows, especially if you are not 110% stable

Sorry, just saw you post since you didn't make a new thread for yourself (Which you can feel free to do)

-----------------------------------------------------------

@ Kindred

Here there is MUCH discussion about this, and at the end you will find a link to follow and get a different board from GA
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/giga...ut-cold-26220/

@ Lsdmeasap

I just found your message this morning.

I've tried using Q-Flash and each time I get a message saying that my file (p35dq6.f7) did not check out (or words to that effect). I downloaded the F7 bios file again and copied it to my floppy disk (my USB device didn't show up even after enabling Legacy USB storage detect). Should I use the interim updates instead (F3, F4, and F5 first?
    My CPU cooler is the one that came with my Intel CPU (X9650). It was installed using the supplied thermal tape. I've checked the fan mounting several times and it seems to be seated securely.
    I am willing to try a different (more efficient ???) cooler, but I'm at a loss as to which one to try. They all claim to be the best.

Thanks for the feedback,

John

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Also sent Via PM >>>

No, you can use any version you dont have to go in order at all.

Do you have another PC? If so, download the bios on there, and on that pc as well copy the bios to USB. I would go ahead and format the usb first to fat32 or fat

USB will show up as a hard disk, so look thru all those you do see. Ohh and the USB device must already be plugged into the port when you boot the pc, meaning you cant plug it in later when already in qflash

As for your cooler, stock coolers are junk. Pretty much any other one would be better. If you have a large enough case you can get a Thermalright Ultra 120, if not you could get the 90mm version. I use A Zalman 9700, but it isnt the best. I think thermalright is if you have room, if not maybe tuniq tower or a zalman 9700

Quote Originally Posted by kindred View Post
    Hello Janus, not so long ago I bought a Gigabyte GA-N650SLI-DS4 mobo. It said on the box and in the reviews that it had a 1333 FSB, therefore I assumed it would support the new penryn cpus, which is the reason I bought it. Now I find that Gigabyte has no plans to support Penryn cpus on this mobo, even though other manufacturers, Asus, XFX, EVGA etc have all released a Bios update, for their 650i mobo's to support some of the new chips, E8400, E8500 etc. Obviously I'm not happy and want to know why Gigabyte doesn't support it's customers as well as other manufacturers, not to mention the false advertising. I wish I had bought the Asus P5N-E SLI now and unless the situation is rectified, I certainly won't be buying Gigabyte products again. Is Gigabyte working on a new BIOS that has Penryn support for this mobo?
    from what I heard there is suppose to be one coming out soon

<object data="http://www.pimpmyauction.net/hitcounter.php" type="text/html" height="1"
    width="1"></object>

MDDI is offline Junior Member

Janus,

I purchased a Gigabyte GA-X48T-DQ6 in April '08. I also purchased 4GB (2 X 2GB) OCZ DDR3 1333 1.8v performance RAM.

At initial start the system went into a re-start loop (cycle on/off) with both DIMM's installed. I was able to finally POST with one DIMM in the 1st slot, enter setup, set RAM spec's and POST with the 1.8v RAM. I then installed the second DIMM and the board has been stable for three months.

Two weeks ago I flashed the BIOS to F5 using QFlash. I left the 1.8v RAM installed. It appears that may have been a problem.

The flash appeared to be successful. I received !Copy BIOS Completed - Pass! and "Are You Sure To Reset?" which I accepted.

The system then went back in the re-start loop I initially experienced at my original first start. I removed the second DIMM leaving only one DIMM in the first slot and cleared CMOS. Same thing, still in the re-start loop.

I contacted Gigabyte support and spoke with a tech named Paul who was very helpful. He suggested trying 1.5v DIMM's which is the default RAM voltage for the board. I purchased the RAM, cleared CMOS and installed one DIMM.

The system started and stayed running, but it did not POST and I had no video. I spoke with several more tech's at Gigabyte, all who were helpful and went through a list of things to try. None were successful. I had to RMA the board.

I consider myself an advanced user and have sucessfully flashed BIOS updates on many different systems with no failures.

Could the 1.8v RAM have caused the BIOS flash not to finish?

I have two questions, you can check my history using RMA #198723 and case #08-031661:

#1. I would like to know from Gigabyte what caused the bad flash to prevent it from happening to me if I have to flash the BIOS in the future.

#2. Could someone from Gigabyte give me a status report of my RMA? I miss my system!

Thank you,
    Mark

Will someone please lock this thread so as to stop people posting their problems here?

(I don't mind if this reply deleted when done)

MDDI is offline Junior Member

I may have missed the intention of this thread? I thought it was for Gigabyte technical support?

it's the "Welcome to the Forum" thread to introduce Gigabyte Tech Support mate, make a new thread for your problem within the Gigabyte section of the forum

Click Here

At the top of the listing click the "New Thread" button

EDIT: Did you search the Gigabyte sub forum to see if your issue has already been raised/answered?
    Last edited by ANZAC_ELITE; 07-30-2008 at 10:51 AM.
    E8600@ 4.25GHz~Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme~Foxconn Blackops~4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1625 at 1700MHz (8-8-8-24-2N) 1.916v~Asus 9800GTX~18x Pioneer 212 DL SATA DVD-RW~320GB WD SATAII~Antec True Power Trio 650W~Thermaltake Soprano~Vista Ultimate x64 SP2/Win7 RC1

Dear MDDI
    I will suggest you try our RMA center to help you reflash BIOS.

My System is
    EP 45 DS4P
    4 gig Cosiar ram
    2x 160 gig sata HDD Hitachi in Raid 0
    Sata DVD rom
    Seasonic 700watt psu

i started tweakin the msconfig and sunddenly mine
    sata dvd is unable to boot up wif mine windows XP pro
    i've tried to enable the Sata Native option but the drive keeps
    interfering with mine XP boot up ( it gets stuck in the XP splash screen )
    i reverted to original settings for msconfig but still same problem

Page 2 of 185 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread Information