Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 21 of 185 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Default Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Thanks, I'll check with you later on when I finish getting things installed and working right.
    Jerry in NW Florida
    All Newegg Computer:
    *Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS4P LGA 775
    *Corsair Dominator 8 GB (4x2GB) DDR2 SDRAM 1066 (PC2-8500) Dual Channel
    *Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4 GHz
    *Artic Cooler Freezer 7 Pro
    *MSI R4870 Radeon (HD) 1 GB
    *Enermax Liberty 620 Watts
    *SATA RAID 0 x 2 (2-WD 500GB & 2-SG 320 GB)
    *Lite-On Blu-Ray SATA iHES206-08
    +Depleted Bank Account @ $0

I have GA-E7AUM-DS2H
    BIOS : F1
    Two harddrives -RAID1
    One SATA LG BD/HD-rom drive
    4GB memory and VISTA Ultimate 32.
    Drivers and utilities on included CD are the same as on BG website.
    ET6 does not show temperatures/fan speed/core voltage
    Dynamic Energy Saver Advanced doesn't start and tells me to install latest version even most current is installed.
    Looks like there are many people with similar problems regarding DESA.

Hey Guys,
    Can i have some Suggestions i have the following setup and i`m trying to OC it or atleast to run the Memory on DDR3 - 1600MHz :
    MB - Gigabyte EP45T-UD3R
    CPU - E8500@3.16 VID 1.1875 - OC at 3.8GHz Vcc 1.3V FSB400x9.5
    DDR3 - Corsair 4GB KIT 1600C9DHX @ 400MHzx4 at 1.8V / 9.9.9.24
    VGA - Sapphire TOXIC HD4870 1GB 780/1000 - don't think it matters :)

If you can advice me what volts to put on the MCH and what voltages to put where to be stable because it seems to fail... I did quite few things but it seems that i`m doing something wrong and i`m not shure what exactly is it Please help

Regarding ET6 I heard that these problems exist from other threads. I dont know if there was a fix but I think ET5 might still work for voltages. You also have the option for Speedfan or CPU-z or Coretemp for some or all of the things ET6 provides.

Regarding the overclocking. Overclocking on Intel P45 Motherboards is Harder Than you Might Think - techPowerUp! Forums
    and maybe some of the posted bios settings over at http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/ep45...cks-ram-30024/ might prompt you on what to consider.

Thank you. It seems working fine for over 10 hours now on Orthos i did play a little with the MCH and a little with the other things :) But will see what will come about after atleast 12-20 hours of Orthos and am i supposed to get Prime 95 after this or Orthos is fine ? Tonight will put some more detailed settings of the bios so if i made mistake somewhere or you think something can be improved to tell me. Thanks for the advice again.

No problem post just a general thank you to the Gigabyte service in Holland.
    After some lengthy dealing with my reseller i was left in the cold by them with a broken UD5 MB. Trough world wide support i got a contact for rma service in the Netherlands. I wont say hear name public but i cant recall been serviced and answered any better the past years by any company.

My motherborad could not be repaired but a new one has been shipped, all i can say THANK YOU Gigabyte

Sorry for the *** licking but sometime this must be said to imo.

Hi,

I don't know if this the right place to post this message, but I try it.
    I build last week a system with an X58-UD5 i7/920 CPU (Bios F4) but the DPC latency is a nightmare (my dual core 4 year old laptop outperforms this system).
    I'm using/intended this machine for dedicated Real Time Audio production, which means I need a steady DPC latency.
    The system shows very low DPC latency values with WIN XP and hyperthreading off (about 4 us), but with constantly spikes reaching up to 8000 us, and this is a killer.
    I know you had problems in older boards with that, is this issue a known issue also for this board ?

I tried the DPC checker with the following configuration:

- Gigabyte X58-UD5 (Bios F4)
    - i7 / 920 (no overclocking)
    - Memory OCZ DDR3 1600 Gold 6Gb (6 x 1 Gb)
    - Graphics : Asus512 D3 EAH3650
    - Disk : Samsung 1 TB SAT2 HD103UJ
    - Disk : Samsung 160 Gb

Also i disabled all onboard components that don't use (LAN, onboard audio, Sec. SATA).
    Could it be there is a disk faulty ? Because it appears then when there is disk-activity also the DPC latency increases dramaticly ?

Best regards, Rene Reuscher

Unhappy Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Hello. I have GA-EX58-UD5 and 6GB corsair dominator 1600. the problem is that my Vista x64 shows 4GB only. Everest, cpu-z and memset show all 6gb.

my specs:
    Core i7 920
    GA-EX58-UD5
    RAM: 3x2 Corsair Dominator 1600
    XFX 8800GT 705MHz
    500w PSU
    Bios: F4

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

If everest and CPU-z show 6GB then you are fine for sure. Just wondering, do you see total memory 6xxx in taskmanager/performance tab "Total Memory"? You should, and I would imagine you will since everest and CPU-z are showing correct.

I find Vista (System Properties, and other areas) often get memory, and CPU Speed incorrect

Negative
    Taskmanager: Total 4092 MB
    (Thanks for replying so quick)

Edit: my fault Everest shows 4092MB too but it shows the 3 sticks with their specs in SPD tab. CPU-Z shows 6GB.

Last edited by Phizik; 02-19-2009 at 09:33 PM. Reason: addin pic

Thread Information