Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 31 of 185 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Anytime man, that's why I am here, to help!

I may not get to your thread this morning, as I have about 12-15 more posts to do I have open now that I hope to get thru before I have to leave, but I will get to it for sure tonight when I get back in

Hi!

I recently upgraded my system RAM from 2GB to 4GB. However, while the BIOS and system start-up show 4GB of RAM has been installed, Task Manager reveals a max. of 3GB of system memory, and that's the max. amount I'm able to use. I would like to know where the additional 1GB has gone to and how I can get the additional 1GB back. My current system configuration is:

Intel Core 2 Duo E7400
    Gigabyte GA-G31M-S2L Motherboard
    4GB RAM
    XFX GeForce 8400GS PCI/E Graphics Card
    160GB HDD

Would appreciate any inputs on the same.

Default Gigabyte GA-G31M-S2L Motherboard Issues

Hi!

I recently upgraded my system RAM from 2GB to 4GB. However, while the BIOS and system start-up show 4GB of RAM has been installed, Task Manager reveals a max. of 3GB of system memory, and that's the max. amount I'm able to use. I would like to know where the additional 1GB has gone to and how I can get the additional 1GB back. My current system configuration is:

Intel Core 2 Duo E7400
    Gigabyte GA-G31M-S2L Motherboard
    4GB RAM
    XFX GeForce 8400GS PCI/E Graphics Card
    160GB HDD

Would appreciate any inputs on the same.

running 32bit os is the limit. it takes only 3gb. uppgrade to 64bit and there is "no limit".
    UD5@Extreeme bios, I7 920@~ water cooled, OCZ 1600LV6GK, hd 4870x2 (Asus Top bios) water cooled. TX850w, LG 19" wide. 2x wd250ks sata raid 0 ( Win 7, 64bit)

Hi,
    I just updated my bios from f7 to f8a on a GA-MA78GM-S2h Board and now raid 1 function is no longer working it sees the second drive a a logical drive now. Also the new bios has no optioon to rebuild the raid. It appears the raid info has changed in the new bios.
    Any help would be great!

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Quote Originally Posted by uncle-d View Post
    Hi,
    I just updated my bios from f7 to f8a on a GA-MA78GM-S2h Board and now raid 1 function is no longer working it sees the second drive a a logical drive now. Also the new bios has no option to rebuild the raid. It appears the raid info has changed in the new bios.
    Any help would be great!

After you flash your BIOS and load optimized defaults (Proper flashing procedure) you will need to reboot BACK to the BIOS before trying to load windows and set your RAID Settings again or your RAID Will fail.

Since you are talking about RAID 1 you may be able to rebuild it as you mention but it would be in the RAID ROM not the BIOS. Are you going into the RAID BIOS? The area where you create a array? Sorry, I don't know the AMD Specific terms, but I do know you should have the option within the RAID BIOS/ROM to rebuild a RAID 1 array

Now, if this is your OS RAID 1, then I am not sure if the rebuild would work or not since you have, if it is, already written to the disk and changed things

For future reference please see the method outlined here for flashing your BIOS with RAID so you do not have this happen again >>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/

Hi Tech Support -

I'm building a computer based around a Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R mobo. I have an Intel Core 2 Duo E7300 CPU, a Sapphire Radeon 4850 graphics card, 4 GB of OCZ Reaper RAM, a 500 GB Seagate hard drive, and a 750 watt power supply. I have installed Vista Ultimate 64.

My most recent problem seems to be a hardware issue. The PC will boot fine, and run for a while, but after a couple minutes of running programs like Firefox and Zune player, it will freeze off and on, and the screen will go black.
    When rebooting, the motherboard does not recognise that I have a hard drive plugged in, and gives me a disc read error. The first time this happened, I thought Windows was corrupted and when I tried to re-install, it said I had no hard drive connected. After I switch the hard drive to a different SATA channel, the PC boots fine.

I have checked the video card driver and ensured I have the 64-bit version. The Gigabyte drivers are compatible from Windows 2000 to Vista 64. All programs that have a 64-bit version have that one installed.
    I ran a RAM test and it came up with no errors. I figured if the CPU was bad, the PC wouldn't boot. I reset the BIOS to its fail-safe defaults.
    My guess is that there's something obscure wrong with the motherboard somewhere that's causing this problem.

If any of you have seen an issue like this, need more information, or have any suggestions, please let me know. Thanks.

Lsdmeasap or Janus,

PLEASE check out my thread listed below:

http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/ep45...-1066-a-31363/

I'm having BSOD and boot failure issues and believe they are connected to auto settings in BIOS being incorrect. I've tried to the best of my ability to change what I know (which is not much), but need some help asap. In the thread are my hardware specs as well as the BIOS template (thanks to profJim) with my current settings.

Hi, guys.

I'm looking for a clarification on the PCI-E frequency on P31 motherboards.

my thread

Sorry to post it here, but I've been digging through the internet to clarify it for ages now and my thread here went unnoticed. I think it's quite a serious issue as many people (including myself) overclock their P31-based systems and leave the PCI-E at AUTO in the BIOS.

Rgds
    E7200 @ 3.16 (9.5x333) / GA-P31-DS3L / 2 x 2gb DDR2 800 / ATI 4850 512mb / X-Fi Platinum

Hi all,

GIGABYTE - Product - Motherboard - Specification - GA-G31M-S2L

I just bought this mobo and i have 1x2GB Dynet Simtronnics RAM. I just cant run both sticks together in Dual channel mode.
    Help.

Thread Information