Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 32 of 185 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Default Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

I've had a thread open for some time now trying to get my motherboard to Overclock, but in trying to overclock things, i think we stumbled on a larger issue: my motherboard doesnt seem to be able to change the vcore voltage. Is there a way i can verify that my motherboard is completely unable to regulate vcore voltage? if i can verify that that's the absolute problem i keep running in to, then i'll buy a new gigabyte motherboard, otherwise i'd like to try and troubleshoot a fix. Btw, the motherboard is a EP43-DS3L.

The Thread: http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/oc-e...55/index3.html

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Chc13Perfume View Post
    Hi Tech Support -

I'm building a computer based around a Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R mobo. I have an Intel Core 2 Duo E7300 CPU, a Sapphire Radeon 4850 graphics card, 4 GB of OCZ Reaper RAM, a 500 GB Seagate hard drive, and a 750 watt power supply. I have installed Vista Ultimate 64.

My most recent problem seems to be a hardware issue. The PC will boot fine, and run for a while, but after a couple minutes of running programs like Firefox and Zune player, it will freeze off and on, and the screen will go black.
    When rebooting, the motherboard does not recognise that I have a hard drive plugged in, and gives me a disc read error. The first time this happened, I thought Windows was corrupted and when I tried to re-install, it said I had no hard drive connected. After I switch the hard drive to a different SATA channel, the PC boots fine.

I have checked the video card driver and ensured I have the 64-bit version. The Gigabyte drivers are compatible from Windows 2000 to Vista 64. All programs that have a 64-bit version have that one installed.
    I ran a RAM test and it came up with no errors. I figured if the CPU was bad, the PC wouldn't boot. I reset the BIOS to its fail-safe defaults.
    My guess is that there's something obscure wrong with the motherboard somewhere that's causing this problem.

If any of you have seen an issue like this, need more information, or have any suggestions, please let me know. Thanks.
    Please make a new thread with all your info, and a link to your ram. Sounds like you have some improper ram settings causing your BIOS to reset to me.

Please also be using Optimized defaults not fail safe, and set your ram voltages for sure, and add some MCH Voltage while you wait on a reply back from me.

I ask you to make a new thread because I cannot keep track of things here

Quote Originally Posted by Rockfella View Post
    Hi all,

GIGABYTE - Product - Motherboard - Specification - GA-G31M-S2L

I just bought this mobo and i have 1x2GB Dynet Simtronnics RAM. I just cant run both sticks together in Dual channel mode.
    Help.
    Please make a new thread and I can help. If you can please provide a link to this memory or the Model #

Quote Originally Posted by MasonBlaq View Post
    I've had a thread open for some time now trying to get my motherboard to Overclock, but in trying to overclock things, i think we stumbled on a larger issue: my motherboard doesnt seem to be able to change the vcore voltage. Is there a way i can verify that my motherboard is completely unable to regulate vcore voltage? if i can verify that that's the absolute problem i keep running in to, then i'll buy a new gigabyte motherboard, otherwise i'd like to try and troubleshoot a fix. Btw, the motherboard is a EP43-DS3L.

The Thread: http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/oc-e...55/index3.html
    I will check out your thread when I get back in tonight!

If you have not already please link to your ram in that thread and provide your full settings you are trying that fail and I will advise back

Hello
    I have a problem and I'd like to know your opinion.
    My ex PC (MA770-DS3, Phenom9550, HyperX 2x1Gb 1066Mhz and EAH4830 worked without problems), I upgraded the rams with 2x2Gb 1066Mhz Mushkin. After 2 weeks the Mobo died and I have bought a newer model MA790X-UD4. Actually my system is freezing at any software installation and when I'm watching movies. (ram settings 5.5.5.15 at 2.0V)

I am not sure of the specifics of AMD BIOS's but you need to add some memory controller voltage, and maybe try your ram at 2.05-2.1 until you get things figured out as to which is causing issue.

Also there is a memory setting that allows a choice of 127ns, 195ns, and 327ns you may need to try that higher starting with 327ns

larhome is offline Junior Member

Hi Janus,

I purchased a GA-EP45-UD3R along with Gskill F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK ddr2-1066 PC2-8500 2048x2 CL5-5-5-15 2.0-2.1V memory. This memory boots up at the 1066 speed just fine except that after 3 hours of memtest it runs very hot.
    I was wondering if you could help me with the bios settings that I need to change to get this memory to boot at ddr2-800 at 1.8 volts ?

Thanks

Larry

I am at my witts end with tihs problem

GA-MA790X-UD4P will not POST - TweakTown Forums
    Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by larhome View Post
    Hi Janus,

I purchased a GA-EP45-UD3R along with Gskill F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK ddr2-1066 PC2-8500 2048x2 CL5-5-5-15 2.0-2.1V memory. This memory boots up at the 1066 speed just fine except that after 3 hours of memtest it runs very hot.
    I was wondering if you could help me with the bios settings that I need to change to get this memory to boot at ddr2-800 at 1.8 volts ?

Thanks

Larry
    Well, 3 hours of memtest is going to be hot, is it erroring out or not? What voltage do you have set?

Yes, I can give you 800Mhz settings, please make a new thread and post your full specs and this info again and I can help. I cannot provide settings here as it is too hard to keep track of users info and this thread is meant as a welcome thread not to post for help in.

I can help, please make a new thread and be sure to let me know what FSB you are running as well

Quote Originally Posted by AlexiR View Post
    I am at my witts end with tihs problem

GA-MA790X-UD4P will not POST - TweakTown Forums
    Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.
    I have limited AMD Knowledge but I will check out your post now and see if I can offer any advice

Hi there..
    I just recently join in this forum. i think its very good and informative..
    Do you mind helping me to solve my problem ?
    I'm really stress out about my BIOS in GA-G31-S2L after overclocking..

My thread :
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...locking-31499/

really looking forward for your support and advice..

Thanks before...
    Gigabyte GA-G31M-S2L rev 1.0
    E2180 2 Ghz
    Kingston PC6400 2 Gb
    MSI HD4670 512 MB GDDR3
    HDD Seagate 250 Gb
    FSP Saga 400W

Cool Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Hi all! just stoppin by here to say hi. recently picked up a Xeon x3360 (coming from e3110 C0), regretfully i recieved a C1 stepping. after much hair yanking the first few days, this is where im at as of now, 45 min OCCT large set and 3d mark vantage stable, certainly dont mean to say its 100% stable, but on its way.

Prolly be post'n up a thread o my own, and chiming in where i can, when i can.
    EP45-UD3R Rev 1.1 bios F8 / Corsair TX650W
    Xeon X3360 C1 1.25 vid / G.SKILL F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK
    Radeon HD3870 / Auzentech X-Meridian-PCI
    Noctua NH-U12P-1300 RPM / Vista x64 sp1
    260GB "fast slice"
    (3x320GB 7200.10 RAID 0)
    635GB
    (remainder of array)
    1TB
    Samsung Spinpoint
    16x IDE Samsung DVD-RW

Thread Information