Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 34 of 185 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 1846

Thread: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!




  1. #331
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    734
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

    I have a GA MA790x-ds4 running the F6 BIOS.

    My spec's as of right now are
    Amd x4 9950be
    ga ma790x-ds4
    Nvidia 9600gt
    seagate 320gig hdd

    I'm having issues with slow booting. It sometimes takes anywhere from 10-20 seconds to see my first post screen. Is there something that I can change in my Bios to see a better boot time?

  2. #332
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

    Looking for a newer Bios (newer then F3) for GA-MA790XT-UD4P. I have the AMD AM3 955 CPU. When I turn the PC on, it does show the correct CPU name. I have to go into the Bios to set everything (which isn't a problem). I set the voltage to 1.25 and the multiplier to 16x. I turned off Cool n Quiet also. The problem I am having is that the CPU is running at 4x multiplier no matter what I set it to in the Bios. The only way to fix this is to run AMD overdrive everytime and to set the multiplier to the correct 16x. Then, I am running at the correct speed. I can change the bus speed from 200mhz in the bios and that change stays according to CPUz but the multiplier is always 4x unless I use AMD overdrive. I know it is running slow at 4x 200 (800mhz).
    CPU: AMD AM3 955
    Board: GA-MA790XT-UD4P
    Ram: 8 Gigs DDR3 1600

  3. #333
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3

    Default Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

    Dear Sir!
    I have a 965P-DS3 motherboard and have a following problem series:
    last spring i bought a razer diamondback mouse and tried it but i couldnt use it couse it had some problems: always out of order...the optical was still lighting but no reaktion on buttons and movings. after i pull out and then push back the cable from the usb port, it worked fine for a while (usually for few minutes).
    i thought the problem is with the mouse and i used my old mx510 forward till nowadays. I usually play with an online game.
    Nowadays my mx.510 mouse also have the problem above, but it seems basically in that game. In Win XP is basically work fine, but in vista sometimes my mx 510 is jamming.
    I tried in other usb ports, but razer dont want to work. I tried bios update, but nothing.
    Tried it from Linux, but i met with same problems. I also tried razer with its driver in the beginning.
    I tried razer at my workplace and it works fine in win200 also with microsoft mouse driver, so i guess the problem is not with the mouses.

    To the end: i have 2 mouse, but i can only mx510 in windows and i cant use neither razer nor mx510 in gaming.

    Can U help me? Is it possible that i have to change my motherboard?
    And sorry for my english, i am not very good in it ;D

  4. #334
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    27

    Default No DTS:Connect on the higher end EX-58 Extreme? Disgruntled user here!

    Dear Mr.Yeh, I am finding myself quite dissapointed with the EX58-Extreme motherboard. My old X38T-DQ6 had the 889a audio chip and featured DTS:Connect.
    I upgraded my system to an EX58-Extreme with all the works, the cream of the crop so to speak, and expected to be able to have the same high quality audio as the specs page on the Gigabyte site claims it sports the exact same audio chip.
    But to my great dismay I am unable to use DTS:Connect? The audio panel only shows Dolby Live and I don't want that, I want DTS, it's what I paid extra for!

    This has so far made me an unhappy user indeed and I don't understand why the lower boards DO have DTS:Connect and the higher end doesn't. Please tell me that I am wrong or how to correct this as I am upset about this to the point of no longer buying Gigabyte in the future this way.

    Thanks for any assistance.
    Last edited by tijgert; 04-25-2009 at 12:36 AM.

  5. #335
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1

    Default Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

    Hello to all .. i need help with my new ep43-ud3l motherboard. i using dual core e5200 processer.. my problem is my video card.. i'm using asus Eax1050 PCI E card. i updated all the drivers but when i start playing anygame the pixels start to break and some games can't even start. Please tell me how to fix the problem thanks

  6. #336
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3

    Unhappy Is my BIOS shot? Then what?

    Hi, All!

    I have a GA-8IPXDR. It was running BIOS revision F3. I booted from a USB CD-ROM and installed 8ipxdr.f7. The monitor showed that the update was applied successfully. I rebooted the machine. There is no video output. About 5 seconds after restarting, the machine makes a sound, alternating between a high tone and a low tone, over and over again.

    I tried clearing the CMOS, removing all peripherals (mouse, keyboard, USB, Ethernet) and nothing changes. I can't figure out how to get to the BIOS at all.

    Help?

    TIA

  7. #337
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    7

    Default Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

    Repost from http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/ep34...problem-31807/

    Hi all!

    I recently had to replace my motherboard/CPU which had died.

    I purchased a EP43-UD3L mobo but am having some problems getting my nvidia 9800gtx to work. Basically when I plug in the card, attach the power to the card and boot her up, nothing happens for about 30 seconds, then I get a single beep and nothing on the monitor.

    However when I swap out the card to an old nvidia 7900gt card (still pci-e), it all works fine!!

    I'm sure there isnt a problem with the card since it was working when I removed it from the old mobo but am at a loss as to what else it could be?? I assumed it was a power problem, but there are green lights showing on the card, and no obvious indicators (that I can tell anyways).

    Anyone had a 9800gtx work with this mobo? The old mobo was a gigabyte GA-M55SLI-S4.

  8. #338
    Lsdmeasap's Avatar
    Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    PCB Island
    Posts
    25,940

    Default Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

    Quote Originally Posted by crtecha View Post
    I have a GA MA790x-ds4 running the F6 BIOS.

    My spec's as of right now are
    Amd x4 9950be
    ga ma790x-ds4
    Nvidia 9600gt
    seagate 320gig hdd

    I'm having issues with slow booting. It sometimes takes anywhere from 10-20 seconds to see my first post screen. Is there something that I can change in my Bios to see a better boot time?
    Do you have your memory setup properly, voltages, speed, and timing wise? Sorry, I have limited AMD Knowledge so I cannot offer any proper advice

    Quote Originally Posted by rbarbier View Post
    Looking for a newer Bios (newer then F3) for GA-MA790XT-UD4P. I have the AMD AM3 955 CPU. When I turn the PC on, it does show the correct CPU name. I have to go into the Bios to set everything (which isn't a problem). I set the voltage to 1.25 and the multiplier to 16x. I turned off Cool n Quiet also. The problem I am having is that the CPU is running at 4x multiplier no matter what I set it to in the Bios. The only way to fix this is to run AMD overdrive everytime and to set the multiplier to the correct 16x. Then, I am running at the correct speed. I can change the bus speed from 200mhz in the bios and that change stays according to CPUz but the multiplier is always 4x unless I use AMD overdrive. I know it is running slow at 4x 200 (800mhz).
    F4a (CPU ID Updated and your CPU supported now) >>
    GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - BIOS Download

    Please be sure to load optimized defaults and save/apply after you flash. If you are unsure about flashing please read this guide I wrote >>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/

    Quote Originally Posted by blasius View Post
    Dear Sir!
    I have a 965P-DS3 motherboard and have a following problem series:
    last spring i bought a razer diamondback mouse and tried it but i couldnt use it couse it had some problems: always out of order...the optical was still lighting but no reaktion on buttons and movings. after i pull out and then push back the cable from the usb port, it worked fine for a while (usually for few minutes).
    i thought the problem is with the mouse and i used my old mx510 forward till nowadays. I usually play with an online game.
    Nowadays my mx.510 mouse also have the problem above, but it seems basically in that game. In Win XP is basically work fine, but in vista sometimes my mx 510 is jamming.
    I tried in other usb ports, but razer dont want to work. I tried bios update, but nothing.
    Tried it from Linux, but i met with same problems. I also tried razer with its driver in the beginning.
    I tried razer at my workplace and it works fine in win200 also with microsoft mouse driver, so i guess the problem is not with the mouses.

    To the end: i have 2 mouse, but i can only mx510 in windows and i cant use neither razer nor mx510 in gaming.

    Can U help me? Is it possible that i have to change my motherboard?
    And sorry for my english, i am not very good in it ;D
    You could have a short in your board maybe? You do have all USB Settings enabled in the Integrated Peripherals BIOS page correct?

    USB 2.0 Controller ............................. [Enabled]
    USB Keyboard Support ....................... [Enabled]
    USB Mouse Support ........................... [Enabled]
    Legacy USB storage detect ................ [Enabled/Disabled] << try both


    Quote Originally Posted by tijgert View Post
    Dear Mr.Yeh, I am finding myself quite dissapointed with the EX58-Extreme motherboard. My old X38T-DQ6 had the 889a audio chip and featured DTS:Connect.
    I upgraded my system to an EX58-Extreme with all the works, the cream of the crop so to speak, and expected to be able to have the same high quality audio as the specs page on the Gigabyte site claims it sports the exact same audio chip.
    But to my great dismay I am unable to use DTS:Connect? The audio panel only shows Dolby Live and I don't want that, I want DTS, it's what I paid extra for!

    This has so far made me an unhappy user indeed and I don't understand why the lower boards DO have DTS:Connect and the higher end doesn't. Please tell me that I am wrong or how to correct this as I am upset about this to the point of no longer buying Gigabyte in the future this way.

    Thanks for any assistance.
    Sorry I do not have any Digital speakers to test with but I have a UD4P and I see the options for it here (in HDMI and Digital). I think the HDMI is my GFX Cards, but I know the realtek entry is the board >>



    I do know you must change the sound setup in control panel from stereo to 5.1 or above to use DTS

    Are you using the latest Realtek driver? If not, here they are >>
    Realtek

    Dolby Theater Mode is for 32bit systems only, so that may be why I only found what I did as I am using x64 and you may not find anything either if you are using x64



    Quote Originally Posted by ederlee View Post
    Hello to all .. i need help with my new ep43-ud3l motherboard. i using dual core e5200 processer.. my problem is my video card.. i'm using asus Eax1050 PCI E card. i updated all the drivers but when i start playing anygame the pixels start to break and some games can't even start. Please tell me how to fix the problem thanks
    Sounds like that card is dying to me. Is this a game your card "Should" handle that you are testing with?

    That is a very old card, that would likely by why some games will not start. How much ram do you have?

    You can test your setup here to see if you can play certain games or not >>
    Can You RUN It?

    But it does sound to me like you may be needing a new card if you wish to game

    Quote Originally Posted by hourback View Post
    Hi, All!

    I have a GA-8IPXDR. It was running BIOS revision F3. I booted from a USB CD-ROM and installed 8ipxdr.f7. The monitor showed that the update was applied successfully. I rebooted the machine. There is no video output. About 5 seconds after restarting, the machine makes a sound, alternating between a high tone and a low tone, over and over again.

    I tried clearing the CMOS, removing all peripherals (mouse, keyboard, USB, Ethernet) and nothing changes. I can't figure out how to get to the BIOS at all.

    Help?

    TIA
    Do you have a older PCI Card? Have you tried starting the system with only one stick of ram in slot one?

    Can you try clearing the CMOS using the method I mention in Post #2 of this thread to see if that helps any >>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/

    Quote Originally Posted by Seano View Post
    Repost from http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/ep34...problem-31807/

    Hi all!

    I recently had to replace my motherboard/CPU which had died.

    I purchased a EP43-UD3L mobo but am having some problems getting my nvidia 9800gtx to work. Basically when I plug in the card, attach the power to the card and boot her up, nothing happens for about 30 seconds, then I get a single beep and nothing on the monitor.

    However when I swap out the card to an old nvidia 7900gt card (still pci-e), it all works fine!!

    I'm sure there isnt a problem with the card since it was working when I removed it from the old mobo but am at a loss as to what else it could be?? I assumed it was a power problem, but there are green lights showing on the card, and no obvious indicators (that I can tell anyways).

    Anyone had a 9800gtx work with this mobo? The old mobo was a gigabyte GA-M55SLI-S4.
    Hmm, sounds odd as a single beep means proper boot had occurred. I will go check your post to see what you have done so far

  9. #339
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    12

    Default Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

    Hi everyone, here is another problem which i really hate about this motherboard, it says it has dolby sound onboard, hell this oboard sound is the worst ever cause it doesn't work (i know i should get a creative or asus sound card but that's why i bought ud3p instead ud3r for the sound) In <NOBR id=itxt_nobr_5_0 style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 100%">vista</NOBR> 64 sp1 when i use any official realtek drivers the sound is not installed properly cause under realtek hd audio manager it doesn't know how to configure 5.1 settings right. It disables the rear speakers and it enables the sides speakers which are only available on the 7.1 ch sound speakers. The windows drivers configure the sound as 5.1, sides off rears on, without any issues (detected also on the winamp output plugin), i even have speaker fill option available. The sound chipset is ALC 889A the same as on my brothers ep35-ds3r and to him the sound drivers are installed corectly on vista x64 sp1 as it should be on 5.1 configuration, sides off and rear on and also on the realtek console it has speaker fill available, which i don't have. This is one hell of a buggy board and gigabyte doesnt have a support forum and they don't seem to be aware of the problem so i dont know what to do cause the sound doesn't have any amplitude and is very low in any way possible. I really dont understand why they didnt @ least fix the sound on this board. My speakers are <NOBR id=itxt_nobr_6_0 style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 100%">logitech</NOBR> g51
    Last edited by Hardc0re; 04-28-2009 at 07:21 PM.

  10. #340
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,470

    Default Memory voltage on Gigabyte mother boards.

    I am shopping around for a new board. Do you have a list of maximum voltage settings for memory in bios settings for each of your amd am2+ boards? I noticed that many of them are 1.8 with a maximum of +.1, +.2, or +.3. So Which Gigabyte AMD boards offer higher voltage settings?
    Last edited by artdrivers; 04-29-2009 at 05:34 AM.
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ench-test.html
    http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/FileList...ios_qflash.pdf
    Phenom II 945 @ 3.2Ghz w/Thermaltake Big Typhoon Pro 14 CPU Cooler
    Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev.1.1 F11
    Sapphire 3870HD / 100225L / 512MB / ddr4
    4GB / Kingston / KHX8500D2K2/2GN / 5-5-5-18 / 1066Mhz
    (2) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA RAID-0
    (1) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA AHCI
    (2) IDE's 1 8XdualDVDRW 1 52x32x52x CDRW
    Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
    Mid size ATX case with show through panel
    2) 80x80 front fans (1) 120x120 rear fan and small nb fan
    Microsoft comfort curve USB keyboard 2000 ver.1.0
    Logitech G500 USB mouse
    Monitor: CMV937A
    7.1+2 Channel High Definition ALC889A
    Dual boot Windows 7 32bit home & Windows 7 64bit home


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 40 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 40 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •