Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 35 of 185 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Default Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%" border="0"> <tbody><tr> <td style="border: 1px inset ;" class="alt2"> Originally Posted by hourback
    Hi, All!

I have a GA-8IPXDR. It was running BIOS revision F3. I booted from a USB CD-ROM and installed 8ipxdr.f7. The monitor showed that the update was applied successfully. I rebooted the machine. There is no video output. About 5 seconds after restarting, the machine makes a sound, alternating between a high tone and a low tone, over and over again.

I tried clearing the CMOS, removing all peripherals (mouse, keyboard, USB, Ethernet) and nothing changes. I can't figure out how to get to the BIOS at all.

Help?

TIA

</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
    Do you have a older PCI Card? Have you tried starting the system with only one stick of ram in slot one?

Can you try clearing the CMOS using the method I mention in Post #2 of this thread to see if that helps any >>
    BIOS Flashing - A "How To ~ Qflash Guide"
    Thanks for your response!!!

I tried clearing the CMOS the way you described and it didn't change anything.

The only PCI card is a 3ware Escalade that came with the box.

I tried both one stick of RAM and two sticks of RAM and neither changed anything.

For the record, there is no floppy drive, just my external CD-ROM.

Hello,

I have a GA-EP45-UD3P mobo. I am running my PC8500 G.Skills @ 1100. I see a settings called "Driving Strength Profile" which is set to 1066. Any idea what this is? Is my setting correct for this?

Thanks

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Hardc0re View Post
    Hi everyone, here is another problem which i really hate about this motherboard, it says it has dolby sound onboard, hell this oboard sound is the worst ever cause it doesn't work (i know i should get a creative or asus sound card but that's why i bought ud3p instead ud3r for the sound) In <nobr id="itxt_nobr_5_0" style="font-weight: normal; font-size: 100%;">vista</nobr> 64 sp1 when i use any official realtek drivers the sound is not installed properly cause under realtek hd audio manager it doesn't know how to configure 5.1 settings right. It disables the rear speakers and it enables the sides speakers which are only available on the 7.1 ch sound speakers. The windows drivers configure the sound as 5.1, sides off rears on, without any issues (detected also on the winamp output plugin), i even have speaker fill option available. The sound chipset is ALC 889A the same as on my brothers ep35-ds3r and to him the sound drivers are installed corectly on vista x64 sp1 as it should be on 5.1 configuration, sides off and rear on and also on the realtek console it has speaker fill available, which i don't have. This is one hell of a buggy board and gigabyte doesnt have a support forum and they don't seem to be aware of the problem so i dont know what to do cause the sound doesn't have any amplitude and is very low in any way possible. I really dont understand why they didnt @ least fix the sound on this board. My speakers are <nobr id="itxt_nobr_6_0" style="font-weight: normal; font-size: 100%;">logitech</nobr> g51
    Onboard sound is good on these boards!! Please see this thread for some info into your situation, I know it is not the "correct" thing to do, but it works just fine >>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/no-s...ds5-ds6-28672/

Quote Originally Posted by artdrivers View Post
    I am shopping around for a new board. Do you have a list of maximum voltage settings for memory in bios settings for each of your amd am2+ boards? I noticed that many of them are 1.8 with a maximum of +.1, +.2, or +.3. So Which Gigabyte AMD boards offer higher voltage settings?
    I do not have a list, but I can check specific BIOS's for you if you would like. Give me a few models you are looking at and I can try to fill you in on the voltage options.

MANY of them go WAY Above what you are seeing, but maybe not older or budget models

Quote Originally Posted by hourback View Post
    Thanks for your response!!!

I tried clearing the CMOS the way you described and it didn't change anything.

The only PCI card is a 3ware Escalade that came with the box.

I tried both one stick of RAM and two sticks of RAM and neither changed anything.

For the record, there is no floppy drive, just my external CD-ROM.
    Ahh I asked about PCI Card to be used as your GFX Card so you could get into the BIOS to change Init First Display to PEG

Can you please upload the error beep for me you are hearing on bootup?

Quote Originally Posted by badshah123 View Post
    Hello,

I have a GA-EP45-UD3P mobo. I am running my PC8500 G.Skills @ 1100. I see a settings called "Driving Strength Profile" which is set to 1066. Any idea what this is? Is my setting correct for this?

Thanks
    That setting just chooses a pre-defined set of values for all the available settings below it, instead of setting them all one by one you can use a profile

You could have a short in your board maybe? You do have all USB Settings enabled in the Integrated Peripherals BIOS page correct?

USB 2.0 Controller ............................. [Enabled]
    USB Keyboard Support ....................... [Enabled]
    USB Mouse Support ........................... [Enabled]
    Legacy USB storage detect ................ [Enabled/Disabled] << try both

USB2.0 already enabled, keyboard support is on disabled couse i use ps/2 keyboard but i will try it, mouse support is on enabled of course and legacy is on disabled but i will try it on enabled and maybe (i hope) it will help.
    i tried it with usb1.1 but nothing change

is it possible that the problem is with the power supply?

No, I do not think your Power Supply would matter. It may, but not likely, what PSU do you have?

Sorry I left out a setting in the above, try with all of these and your mouse on USB instead of PS/2. Although you can just use it on PS/2, I use mine that way and it is fine

USB Controller .................................. [Enabled]

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    No, I do not think your Power Supply would matter. It may, but not likely, what PSU do you have?

Sorry I left out a setting in the above, try with all of these and your mouse on USB instead of PS/2. Although you can just use it on PS/2, I use mine that way and it is fine

USB Controller .................................. [Enabled]
    i have a chieftec gps-350bb-101L..it's about 8-10 years old.
    my razer was wrong from the beginning (about 1 year ago) but my mx510 mouse is getting doing strange things nowadays. and till this time it was fine and i didnt change settings in bios and didnt changed my os or what. so dunnow what is the problem. And i tried the bios settings above but didnt help.
    i also tried in a new motherboard but the same problems.
    i have already tried its (mx510 and razer) with usb to ps/2 converter, but worse than normal
    Last edited by blasius; 04-30-2009 at 12:40 AM.

Lsdmeasap thank you for your help. I went to here: GIGABYTE - Product - Motherboard - Products
    and downloaded all the manuals. Searched for the memory voltage in bios setup on all of them and made a list. Please post this list so others that are shopping can reference it. Thank you.
    DDR VOLTAGE for AM2+

Chip set Motherboard DDR2 Bios Adjustments

NV nForce 750a GA-M750SLI-DS4 1.8v +0.05V ~ +0.35V
    NV GeForce 8200 GA-M78SM-S2H 1.8v +0.1V ~ +0.3V
    AMD 770 GA-MA770-DS3 1.8v +0.025V ~ +0.35V
    AMD 770 GA-MA770-DS3P 1.8v +0.025V ~ +0.35V
    AMD 770 GA-MA770-S3 1.8v +0.025V ~ +0.35V
    AMD 770 GA-MA770-UD3 1.8v +0.025V ~ +0.375V
    AMD 780 GA-MA780G-UD3H 1.8v +0.1V ~ +0.5V
    AMD 780 GA-MA78G-DS3H 1.8v +0.1V ~ +0.5V
    AMD 780 GA-MA78G-DS3HP 1.8v +0.1V ~ +0.5V
    AMD 780 GA-MA78GM-S2H 1.8v +0.1V ~ +0.3V
    AMD 780 GA-MA78GM-S2HP 1.8v +0.1V ~ +0.3V
    AMD 780 GA-MA78GM-US2H 1.8v +0.1V ~ +0.3V
    AMD 780 GA-MA78GPM-DS2H 1.8v +0.1V ~ +0.3V
    AMD 780 GA-MA78GPM-UD2H 1.8v +0.1V ~ +0.3V
    AMD 790 GA-MA790X-DS4 1.8v +0.025V ~ +0.375V
    AMD 790 GA-MA790X-UD4 1.8v +0.1V ~ +0.5V
    AMD 790 GA-MA790X-UD4P 1.8v +0.1V ~ +0.6V
    AMD 790 GA-MA790FX-DQ6 1.8v +0.05V ~ +0.5V
    AMD 790 GA-MA790FX-DS5 1.8v +0.05V ~ +0.5V
    AMD 790 GA-MA790FX-UD5P 1.8v +0.1V ~ +0.7V
    AMD 790 GA-MA790GP-DS4H 1.8v +0.05V ~ +0.55V
    AMD 790 GA-MA790GP-UD4H 1.8v +0.05V ~ +0.55V

The 1.8v is slightly higherthan 1.8v
    Last edited by artdrivers; 11-23-2009 at 12:02 AM.
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ench-test.html
    http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/FileList...ios_qflash.pdf
    Phenom II 945 @ 3.2Ghz w/Thermaltake Big Typhoon Pro 14 CPU Cooler
    Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev.1.1 F11
    Sapphire 3870HD / 100225L / 512MB / ddr4
    4GB / Kingston / KHX8500D2K2/2GN / 5-5-5-18 / 1066Mhz
    (2) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA RAID-0
    (1) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA AHCI
    (2) IDE's 1 8XdualDVDRW 1 52x32x52x CDRW
    Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
    Mid size ATX case with show through panel
    2) 80x80 front fans (1) 120x120 rear fan and small nb fan
    Microsoft comfort curve USB keyboard 2000 ver.1.0
    Logitech G500 USB mouse
    Monitor: CMV937A
    7.1+2 Channel High Definition ALC889A
    Dual boot Windows 7 32bit home & Windows 7 64bit home

@ Artdrivers, just so you know what the manual states may not be the limit. I mean you may have further options then you find in the manual. So if you need to know for sure for a specific board or two you are looking at let me know and I will have a look in the BIOS and let you know what the actual options will be

@ Blasius

Well since you have a 8-10 yr old PSU, yes that may be part of the issue. Older PSU's did not carry a "Always On" +5V line, which your USB Mouses use. So that may be causing you issues for sure, I cannot say this is the exact cause, just saying it could be causing you issues.

It could just be the mouse is faulty, or both mice you are trying are having compatibility issues but I would lean more towards getting a new better PSU before any further thoughts on that

Lsdmeasap Thanks for the heads up on the manual could be outdated with the new bios updates I was thinking of the GA-MA790X-UD4P or the GA-MA790GP-UD4H I need something that will push .1v or .2v more on the ddr than the GA-MA78GM-S2H. I also am curious about that Ultra Durable 3 technology. I believe that narrows my options cown alot.
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ench-test.html
    http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/FileList...ios_qflash.pdf
    Phenom II 945 @ 3.2Ghz w/Thermaltake Big Typhoon Pro 14 CPU Cooler
    Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev.1.1 F11
    Sapphire 3870HD / 100225L / 512MB / ddr4
    4GB / Kingston / KHX8500D2K2/2GN / 5-5-5-18 / 1066Mhz
    (2) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA RAID-0
    (1) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA AHCI
    (2) IDE's 1 8XdualDVDRW 1 52x32x52x CDRW
    Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
    Mid size ATX case with show through panel
    2) 80x80 front fans (1) 120x120 rear fan and small nb fan
    Microsoft comfort curve USB keyboard 2000 ver.1.0
    Logitech G500 USB mouse
    Monitor: CMV937A
    7.1+2 Channel High Definition ALC889A
    Dual boot Windows 7 32bit home & Windows 7 64bit home

Well if it was me, again I have no AMD Knowledge, I would get the board without the onboard GFX as those tend to often be cheaper designs.

So based on my thoughts about that I would pick the GA-MA790X-UD4P out of those three you mention.

The UD4H is nice as far as ram voltage goes though as well if you do want a board with onboard GFX, as it's ram voltage is in finer increments then the others. But of course UD4P will go the highest if that matters to you.

I checked for you and the available Dram Voltage settings on each is as follows >>

GA-MA790X-UD4P (Normal - +0.7 Selectable in 0.1V increments) << Best as I expected

GA-MA790GP-UD4H (Normal - +0.55 Selectable in 0.05V increments)

GA-MA78GM-S2H (Normal - +0.3 Selectable in 0.1V increments)

Ultra Durable 3 info can be found here >>
    -- GIGABYTE -- Ultra Durable 3 Motherboards

Hope that helps you decide, if you need anymore info let me know and I will try to help you find it!

Thread Information