Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 37 of 185 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 1847

Thread: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!




  1. #361
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    58

    Default Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

    Hi there
    have a problem with Easytune 6 (the latest) will not install
    keep giving me error:
    DLL function call crashed: CheckFK.SearchBIOSStr
    ever seen that before? and what is the fix?
    keep trying to install it and fails right away
    Thx

    (I do overclock by the Bios only, but to play around with a higher overclock and/or check bios settings I would like to use Easytune)

    anyone know the fix for this?
    oh this is with Vista Ultimate 64bit SP1, and Bios F6b (for mu X58-UD3R)
    RIG#1
    980x @ 4.5Ghz 24/7 under water, dual rads
    Vcore 1.4, VTT 1.35, ram 1.5
    Gigabyte X58 UD9 mobo
    590 GTX under water *700Mhz, 4000Mhz)
    12GB of DDR3
    1x Intel Sata3 SSD
    4x ocz SSD's Raid 0
    Strider 1500Watt PSU
    all in a monster MOZART TX CASE (with 16 fans)
    Winows 7 64 bit

    http://s755.photobucket.com/albums/x.../980x and UD9/



    RIG#2
    Qi7 920 @ 4.2Ghz
    vcore 1.45, fsb 1.4
    XFX 5970
    6GB if DDR3
    5x 2TB HD's
    850watt Antec PSU
    all in a Antec 900 CASE (with 6 fans)
    Antec HTPC Remote
    Windows 7 64bit

    http://s755.photobucket.com/albums/x...0 i7 920 HTPC/

  2. #362
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    southeast Texas
    Posts
    1

    Default Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

    New build. CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply, Gigabyte GA-MA74GM-S2 motherboard, AMD Phenom 2 X3 CPU, Kingston HyperX 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 Desktop Memory Model KHX8500D2K2/4G, SATA Seagate Barracuda 1 TB
    This is the second mobo, cpu and memory with the same problem as the first. Will not post. No beeps. Fans all start up and I hear some clicking noise but I get nothing on the monitor. I've tried just about every suggestion I've come across with no luck. Took it in to Fry's where I purchased all but the power supply and they had me get everything replaced--put it together with the same exact results. Any help appreciated.

  3. #363
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    52

    Default Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

    I need a little help with my current OC.

    Please check this thread...
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/i7-9...-please-32004/

    Thanks.

  4. #364
    Lsdmeasap's Avatar
    Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    PCB Island
    Posts
    25,940

    Default Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

    Quote Originally Posted by shane_p View Post
    Hi there
    have a problem with Easytune 6 (the latest) will not install
    keep giving me error:
    DLL function call crashed: CheckFK.SearchBIOSStr
    ever seen that before? and what is the fix?
    keep trying to install it and fails right away
    Thx

    (I do overclock by the Bios only, but to play around with a higher overclock and/or check bios settings I would like to use Easytune)

    anyone know the fix for this?
    oh this is with Vista Ultimate 64bit SP1, and Bios F6b (for mu X58-UD3R)
    Are you using the latest Easytune? Do you have all chipset drivers and windows updates (Including optional .NET ones) installed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lildeer22 View Post
    New build. CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply, Gigabyte GA-MA74GM-S2 motherboard, AMD Phenom 2 X3 CPU, Kingston HyperX 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 Desktop Memory Model KHX8500D2K2/4G, SATA Seagate Barracuda 1 TB
    This is the second mobo, cpu and memory with the same problem as the first. Will not post. No beeps. Fans all start up and I hear some clicking noise but I get nothing on the monitor. I've tried just about every suggestion I've come across with no luck. Took it in to Fry's where I purchased all but the power supply and they had me get everything replaced--put it together with the same exact results. Any help appreciated.
    Did you or Fry's check the CPU Socket for bent pins? Can you look now, with a magnifying glass if you can

    Quote Originally Posted by al21 View Post
    Hi Ms. Yeh,
    I just purchased a GA-MA770-UD3. Even though I enabled the S.M.A.R.T. option in the bios, I still got no S.M.A.R.T. info shown in any of the monitoring software like Everst, Hdtune, Speedfan (all in latest version).

    The Bios is the latest F5. Even worst is, for a SATA hd, it should be shown as a removable hd in XP (XP Pro SP3) and now it is not.

    The hd is Seagate 7200.7 120GB. It shows all the above info in my last MSI mb. It is set in AHCI mode. Other than the problems above, everything works fine; please help!

    Thx in advance!
    AHCI is your issue with SMART. The Remove Tray ICON will not be shown in Gigabyte setups, if you would like this you will need to use HotSwap, and it may not work for you either depending on settings and your OS >>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/ep45...64/#post296367

    Quote Originally Posted by redhead33445 View Post
    I just installed a GA-EP45-UD3P Rev. 1.1 mobo and Intel E8400 CPU.

    The BIOS (I don't know the version and not able to check it right now) reports the CPU running at 2.83 GHz (8.5x), when it should be 3.00 GHz. Some of the benchmark progs correctly report it as 3.00 GHz, but not sure if that's what it's actually running or what it's rated. One prog showed the CPU running at 5% underclock.

    I wonder why the BIOS would show the CPU incorrectly. It recognized the 4 GB RAM ok.

    I've never flashed a BIOS and not sure if it's necessary. I also haven't touched any of the clock settings.

    Should I be concerned? Do I need to flash the BIOS? Or just set the clock to 9.0x? And which setting would that be, exactly?

    Thanks.
    Your CPU was picked up improperly because you have not yet loaded optimized defaults, this must be done anytime you flash the BIOS, build a new PC< or change out major hardware.

    So please load optimized defaults and save and apply, please see here for tips on this process (VERY IMPORTANT if you are running a RAID Array) >>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/

    It could also be due to you using a older BIOS that may or may not support your CPU, if your CPU Still shows up improperly after doing this, then you will need to update it for sure.

    Quote Originally Posted by hourback View Post
    Attached the sound in OGG format. Thanks for following up! Hopefully I won't need to buy a new board.
    Those beeps generally mean CPU Failure, can you test with another CPU?
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 05-08-2009 at 04:02 AM.

  5. #365
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post


    AHCI is your issue with SMART. The Remove Tray ICON will not be shown in Gigabyte setups, if you would like this you will need to use HotSwap, and it may not work for you either depending on settings and your OS >>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/ep45...64/#post296367
    Hi Lsdmeasap,
    Thx for the info! However, are you saying SMART does not work with AHCI? Is it supposed to be like this?
    I was using AHCI(cuz I can use NCQ) when I was with my old MSI mb, the SMART info was all there. How was that possible? Thx!!

  6. #366
    Lsdmeasap's Avatar
    Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    PCB Island
    Posts
    25,940

    Default Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

    Yes, it is supposed to be like that. Smart can only work with a NON AHCI/RAID Setup

    NCQ Will be enabled if you are using vista and your drive supports it, no need for AHCI for that

    You do have smart enabled in the BIOS correct?

    Since you are using AMD though, you may be able to use the tools mentioned here for your chipset, I only speak of Intel based boards so it seems your chipset may be able to report some smart info. Check last 3-4 posts >>
    AMD Processors Forums - AMD software roadmap

    Also more info here (linked in the above thread) >>
    AMD Processors Forums - AMD software roadmap

    You may also try this tool, mentioned in the above links >>
    SourceForge.net: S.M.A.R.T. Monitoring Tools: Downloading ...

  7. #367
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    52

    Default Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

    Does anyone have some good info on IOH core, ICH core, CPU PLL, QPI PLL settings?
    I'm trying to get +4ghz stable and am wondering if these settings may help me.

    CPU - i7 920
    Motherboard - ex58-ud3r

    Check this thread for more, and please help me out if you can...
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/i7-9...04/#post297653

    Thank you.

  8. #368
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Yes, it is supposed to be like that. Smart can only work with a NON AHCI/RAID Setup

    NCQ Will be enabled if you are using vista and your drive supports it, no need for AHCI for that

    You do have smart enabled in the BIOS correct?

    Since you are using AMD though, you may be able to use the tools mentioned here for your chipset, I only speak of Intel based boards so it seems your chipset may be able to report some smart info. Check last 3-4 posts >>
    AMD Processors Forums - AMD software roadmap

    Also more info here (linked in the above thread) >>
    AMD Processors Forums - AMD software roadmap

    You may also try this tool, mentioned in the above links >>
    SourceForge.net: S.M.A.R.T. Monitoring Tools: Downloading ...
    Thx for the info and quick response!
    However, I do not quite concur on the 'smart for non-AHCI' thing cuz I was using XP with my old MSI board, so NCQ has to be enabled by AHCI; and the smart info were all shown.
    The utility above mentioned even told me that this drive does not support SMART(it is the very same drive that I used with the MSI mb)! So my guess is there is something wrong with AMD's AHCI driver!
    Anyway, thx for your help!

  9. #369
    Lsdmeasap's Avatar
    Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    PCB Island
    Posts
    25,940

    Default Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

    All boards treat AHCI and hot swap different. And of course so do all chipsets/drivers, so it very well may be your drivers. Have you asked Gigabyte Tech about this, or AMD?

  10. #370
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    11

    Default Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

    I really require your help. How can i tell for certain that my MOBO is fried? I came home from work today went to turn the computer on and it wont turn on. I removed all the power cords from the MOBO and did a test of the PSU and it works fine. I also plugged it back in and tried to bypass the power switch by bridging the connectors and i even tried putting in a new battery for the MOBO but nothing works. It worked fine this morning and no-one is here that could have touched it. It doesnt smell, it doesnt have any physical damage, there doesnt seem to be anything wrong with it. Its a Gigabyte X38-DS4 if that helps. I sent a tech support question to Gigabyte but not sure how long it will take to get a responce i need to make action on this as soon as i possibly can so if i need to get it replaced i can make an order.

    Thanks guys.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 39 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 39 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •