Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 185 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Default Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Mr. Janus:
    I just set up a GA-MA78GM-S2H mobo with a Western Digital IDE 160 GB HDD and a Seagate 320 GB SATA 3.0 GB/sec HDD. I'm running WinXP Pro SP3 off the WD 160 GB drive.

In CMOS, only the IDE drives (WD and DVD-ROM) show up, but the SATA drive does show up in the Boot From Order menu.

The drive is recognized and set Active, but Windows is only seeing it as 149.05 GB when it is a 320 GB drive! I don't know if the SATA controller is not picking it up, or what.

When I run Seagate's SeaTools for DOS, it doesn't even see the drive. It says 2 devices shown, but it only displays the PATA drive.

I tried switching SATA data cables, but no change. I also tried setting the jumper for 1.5 GB/sec (although mobo is supposed to recognize 3.0 GB/sec).

I need the full drive capacity to store videos and program installation files, and maybe a drive image. So far, I'm not too happy with the results as this is my first venture into SATA drives.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Did you not format the drive to NTFS? If not you should reformat it as NTFS

And are you sure you are looking at the correct drive? As a 160GB would show as 149 not a 320

Can you post me a image of Both drives Properties windows from my computer?

Forget about partitioning or formatting the drive. That is not the issue here. I've neither partitioned the drive nor formatted it. I'm not doing anything until I understand WHY nothing is seeing the entire drive capacity of 320 GB!

It is set up as an AHCI drive and the AHCI drivers were installed when I installed Windows XP. I'm running WinXP Pro SP3.

Windows does not see it, it does not show up in BIOS except as a bootable drive option (capacity not shown), Seagate's SeaTools for DOS does not see it, Seagate's Disk Wizard sees only 149 GB, and Windows Disk Manager sees only 149 GB.

The flipping drive is SUPPOSED to be 320 GB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well like I said please post me a image of BOTH drives properties. If it is not NTFS it will be smaller, by how much I am not sure

You keep saying 149GB, and that is a 160GB drive so I think you are looking at the wrong disk. Since you say windows does not see it, then it needs to be setup for first use with diskwizard. Since it is not formatted or setup this could be the cause of the incorrect size you are seeing, if you are looking at the correct disk

Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to down talk to you at all, just trying to help.

You may have gotten sent the wrong drive as well, does it say 320GB on the outside of the disk itself? I say that because again a 160GB drive will show up as 149GB

Greetings,

Quick summary.

trying to upgrade RAM to Corsair Dominator 2x2GB 8500C5D 1066 mhz in a Gigabyte GA-965G-DS3 mobo. Each DIMM works on its own so they are both good. Together they pass the memory test but Windows will not boot. Tried setting the voltage at 2.1 and 2.2...neither helped. Not sure how to proceed. Any help would be appreciated.

Please make a Thread and I can better help you. Sorry to have not replied until now, but this is a sticky thread that is not often posted in so I must have overlooked it

You will need a few changes to run 2x2, I will help you more when you make a thread of your own (Keeps me less confused! )

4000 - I just want 4000 posts LOL
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

I made a mistake - I still have a few to go...
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Gentlemen

This forum is (to use a much-overworked term) AWESOME! I need to build 6 machines in the next 6 months - an engineering workstation, an cheap Ubuntu box to handle my email & skype without exposing my workstation to the internet, a MythTV 'backend' server, and 3 MythTV 'frontend' PVR's... The very existence of this forum, and its incredibly quick and salient responses ensure that ALL of these systems will be based around Gigabyte boards!

So long, and THANKS FOR ALL THE FISH!

Bill

Page 4 of 185 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread Information