Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 49 of 185 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Default Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Try doing the install with only 4GB of ram, sounds like you may not have things setup properly. XMP or Auto can often be wrong or your setup

Just so you know, I too have seen windows Vista and 7 seem to freeze at the initial install point, but after waiting maybe 5 minutes the install process started back up. Not sure of the causes of this, but I have seen it a few times on 100% Stable machines. I have not however seen it happen then shut off as you describe.

If you don't have any luck with 4GB, let me know and I can help you try to get your settings a bit more stable

Thanks for the input! I'll give it a shot once i get home from work today.

Hi I have a system with the motherboard GA-MA790X-DS4 with a phenom 9550 and 8gb crutial mem it runs like a dream.

I have recently bought a second hand
    GA-MA790X-DS4 which does not post and there is no video response, it only produces long single beeps when all the memory is removed, all the fans work. I have tried swapping all components with the good system but no change.

The company I bought it from say they tested it with an a
    AMD X2 4800+ Processor, Generice Memory is 667ddr ii 1gb.

Could you tell me if this is a bios problem or is the board screwed?

thanks

Hi ancliberties First try resetting the bios per Gigabytes instructions. http://china.giga-byte.com/FileList/...790x-ds4_e.pdf
    You could be getting a short from the case. We recommend removing that motherboard from the case/chassis and test the board for POST. Please follow the following simple steps.
    1. Place the motherboard on top of the cardboard box (you can use the motherboard box)
    2. reseat and or install a good CPU, good CPU fan, good Memory, good power supply (plug the 1 X 20 pin and 1 X 4 or 2 X 8 pin from the power supply unit) and a good video card.
    3. Hook the monitor to the video card and be sure the monitor is switched on.
    4. Turn on the system board by using the good case "Power on" switch.
    If the system fails to POST, check the components' insertion again to ensure they are all connected properly.
    These are instructions from Gigabyte. Try this and let us know how it goes.
    Last edited by artdrivers; 07-02-2009 at 10:59 PM.
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ench-test.html
    http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/FileList...ios_qflash.pdf
    Phenom II 945 @ 3.2Ghz w/Thermaltake Big Typhoon Pro 14 CPU Cooler
    Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev.1.1 F11
    Sapphire 3870HD / 100225L / 512MB / ddr4
    4GB / Kingston / KHX8500D2K2/2GN / 5-5-5-18 / 1066Mhz
    (2) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA RAID-0
    (1) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA AHCI
    (2) IDE's 1 8XdualDVDRW 1 52x32x52x CDRW
    Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
    Mid size ATX case with show through panel
    2) 80x80 front fans (1) 120x120 rear fan and small nb fan
    Microsoft comfort curve USB keyboard 2000 ver.1.0
    Logitech G500 USB mouse
    Monitor: CMV937A
    7.1+2 Channel High Definition ALC889A
    Dual boot Windows 7 32bit home & Windows 7 64bit home

I have tried reseting the bios, even leaving it for many hours without a battery and a jumper in place, tried changing bat, but no change, I have changed memory with known good memory out of the working system, all power plugs checked many times, swapped psu, cpu, cpu cooler, built outside of case, tried graphics card in other slot, the only thing I havent tried is using an older cpu because I don't have one.

Try doing the install with only 4GB of ram, sounds like you may not have things setup properly. XMP or Auto can often be wrong or your setup

Just so you know, I too have seen windows Vista and 7 seem to freeze at the initial install point, but after waiting maybe 5 minutes the install process started back up. Not sure of the causes of this, but I have seen it a few times on 100% Stable machines. I have not however seen it happen then shut off as you describe.

If you don't have any luck with 4GB, let me know and I can help you try to get your settings a bit more stable

Well, I tried to boot with 4GB, no luck... the computer just shut off when 7 was loading

I have weird voltage setting problem with EP45-UD3P Rev.1.1.
    My full system can be seen on my sig.

At first, when I was using GTX285, everything worked out very well. I can maintain a rock solid OCing and I can set any value on any field in BIOS and ET6 show the changes on its voltage value in Windows.
    My OC setting was 3.82 Ghz + DDR2 1080 Mhz 5-5-5-15 with 2.40B divider, PCI-E clock set fixed to 100 Mhz and all CPU feature was disabled.

Problem arises when I change the VGA card to Sapphire HD4850 Vapor-X. I can't set the Vfsb and Vmch ref anymore. Everytime I set them in BIOS, the voltages will always stuck at their default value when I see them via ET6 in Windows.
    My suggestion is the VGA card that may cause this problem. Because I have tried upping its PCI-E clock too in BIOS, but it seems to lock its clock at 100 Mhz and it's unchangeable at all.

I had tried four different BIOS F7, F8, F9, and the latest F9L without any success. And I had tried two boards of the same type, but both of them showed the same error.
    Worse thing, when I try to use divider 2.00B or 2.00D, all of the voltages in BIOS even refuse to change even a bit! :(

I think there's some kind of incompability problem in this board (most probably the BIOS) with my current VGA card that causing such a weird problem.
    Do anyone here ever have the same problem with this board? I do hope that Gigabyte technical support would investigate this problem further and release a new BIOS that solve it ASAP.

Thanks...
    Core i7-860 @ 3.8 Ghz + Prolimatech MegaShadow Dual Fan
    EP55-UD4P BIOS F6
    G-Skill Trident DDR3 1600 Mhz CL8 4 GB kit@1800 Mhz CL9
    Palit GTX260 Sonic 896 MB
    WDC Blue 640 GB + Green 1 TB
    X-Fi Xtreme Gamers Fatality Pro XRAM 64 MB
    Corsair HX850W
    Cooler Master HAF932
    Win7 Ultimate x64

Well, waiting for three days for answer here but no response at all?

And worse thing, today I get an answer from Gigabyte Techical Support in Taiwan, and instead of trying to solve my problem by realising a new BIOS, they tell me just to contact Sapphire for a new BIOS for my VGA card! What the...?
    Basically it's the motherboard that have failed to maintain it's BIOS setting, meanwhile the VGA card itself is working just fine without any issues. So, the one that should fix the BIOS is Gigabyte, not Sapphire, am I right?

I think I'm giving it up now for good.
    Adios Gigabyte...
    Core i7-860 @ 3.8 Ghz + Prolimatech MegaShadow Dual Fan
    EP55-UD4P BIOS F6
    G-Skill Trident DDR3 1600 Mhz CL8 4 GB kit@1800 Mhz CL9
    Palit GTX260 Sonic 896 MB
    WDC Blue 640 GB + Green 1 TB
    X-Fi Xtreme Gamers Fatality Pro XRAM 64 MB
    Corsair HX850W
    Cooler Master HAF932
    Win7 Ultimate x64

hi. i have a ga-g31mf-s2 gigabyte motherboard with an core2duo e6750 processor and a pair of 1GB kingston pc2-8500 memory sticks. why do they show up as running at 800MHz instead of the stated 1066MHz? thanks

Last edited by spike_spiegel; 07-08-2009 at 07:32 AM. Reason: added images from cpu-z

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Humbl3 View Post
    Well, waiting for three days for answer here but no response at all?

And worse thing, today I get an answer from Gigabyte Techical Support in Taiwan, and instead of trying to solve my problem by realising a new BIOS, they tell me just to contact Sapphire for a new BIOS for my VGA card! What the...?
    Basically it's the motherboard that have failed to maintain it's BIOS setting, meanwhile the VGA card itself is working just fine without any issues. So, the one that should fix the BIOS is Gigabyte, not Sapphire, am I right?

I think I'm giving it up now for good.
    Adios Gigabyte...

Sorry to have missed your posts!!! This thread was meant as a welcome thread, not for issues so that is why I had not looked at it until now. Sorry

Do you still need help with this? Did you ever try raising your PCIE and SB Voltages?

If you have not, try this as I have had a card or two give me issues until I raised these.

MCH Core…………….....1.100V...........: << 1.14 (1.20-1.24 if 4GB)
    MCH Reference….…….0.800V...........; <<< Leave
    MCH/DRAM Ref.…......0.900V...........: <<< Leave
    ICH I/O……………….....1.500V............: <<< 1.58
    ICH Core…………...……1.100V............: <<< 1.14-1.22

Quote Originally Posted by spike_spiegel View Post
    hi. i have a ga-g31mf-s2 gigabyte motherboard with an core2duo e6750 processor and a pair of 1GB kingston pc2-8500 memory sticks. why do they show up as running at 800MHz instead of the stated 1066MHz? thanks

You need to change a few things in your BIOS to run 1066 ram at 1066. All 1066 ram will start at 800, and show as 6400Mhz as that is what they really are. It is up to the end user to set timings and voltages so that they run at spec 1066Mhz.

First off I see you are running single channel mode, did you know that or are you just testing one stick in the above images?

You need to adjust your system memory multiplier, since you are running 333 FSB you would need to set this to 3.20B (3.20 x 333 FSB = 1066Mhz)

Then you will also need to adjust your ram voltage manually, I'd start at 2.1V and if that fails move to 2.2V (Use a fan on the ram if you run 2.2V 24/7). That would be +0.3 for 2.1V and +0.4V for 2.2v on the DDR2 OverVoltage Control setting in the MIT Section.

<P>
    Sorry to have missed your posts!!! This thread was meant as a welcome thread, not for issues so that is why I had not looked at it until now. Sorry</P>
    <P>&nbsp;</P>
    <P>Do you still need help with this? Did you ever try raising your PCIE and SB Voltages?</P>
    <P>&nbsp;</P>
    <P>If you have not, try this as I have had a card or two give me issues until I raised these.</P>
    <P>&nbsp;</P>
    <P>MCH Core…………….....1.100V...........: &lt;&lt; 1.14 (1.20-1.24 if 4GB)</P>
    <P>MCH Reference….…….0.800V...........; &lt;&lt;&lt; Leave</P>
    <P>MCH/DRAM Ref.…......0.900V...........: &lt;&lt;&lt; Leave</P>
    <P><B>ICH I/O……………….....1.500V............: &lt;&lt;&lt; 1.58</B></P>
    <P><B>ICH Core…………...……1.100V............: &lt;&lt;&lt; 1.14-1.22</B></P>
    <P>&nbsp;</P>
    <P>&nbsp;</P>
    <P>&nbsp;</P>
    <P>&nbsp;</P>
    <P>You need to change a few things in your BIOS to run 1066 ram at 1066. All 1066 ram will start at 800, and show as 6400Mhz as that is what they really are. It is up to the end user to set timings and voltages so that they run at spec 1066Mhz.</P>
    <P>&nbsp;</P>
    <P>First off I see you are running single channel mode, did you know that or are you just testing one stick in the above images?</P>
    <P>&nbsp;</P>
    <P>You need to adjust your system memory multiplier, since you are running 333 FSB you would need to set this to 3.20B (3.20 x 333 FSB = 1066Mhz)</P>
    <P>&nbsp;</P>
    <P>Then you will also need to adjust your ram voltage manually, I'd start at 2.1V and if that fails move to 2.2V (Use a fan on the ram if you run 2.2V 24/7). That would be +0.3 for 2.1V and +0.4V for 2.2v on the DDR2 OverVoltage Control setting in the MIT Section.
    </P>
    <P>&nbsp;hi, thanks. first off there is no option for 3.20 multiplier option. it's 3.00 (1000MHz) then 3.33.</P>
    <P>secondly, i'm getting horrendous timings,</P>
    <P></P>
    <P></P>
    <P>i've also flashed my motherboard to F2</P>
    voltage set to 2.2v
    Last edited by spike_spiegel; 07-08-2009 at 09:34 PM. Reason: voltage settings added ...and frequency changed

Thread Information