Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 50 of 185 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Sorry I forgot your BIOS/Board had limited multipliers, you will have to adjust your FSB and or CPU multi and FSB to get around that.

I suggest using 445 FSB and 2.40B Multi, or you could drop your FSB to 320 and try 3.33 but it may not work so well like that.

If you do not want to overclock your CPU that far then you will just have to live with 800-900Mhz

As for your ram timings, set them yourself along with your ram voltage and you will be fine on that part of it all.

That's just not an overclocking board so you have limited options.

thanks for remininding me about the dual setup. before flashing motherboard, when i first recieved the kingston hyperx memory the pc wouldnt post with the new setup, so i had aligned them as single,
    still pretty poor performance.
    the cpu is still the same but dont want to risk anything as i have a stock cooler

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

NO Problems, I thought maybe you had not noticed so I figured I better say something.

Yeah, well with a stock cooler you cant do 400+ FSB for sure. You can try the 320 FSB setting I suggested, that may work ok

If not you will just need to run them at 800Mhz, you can likely set the timings to 444-12 then as long as you manually set the voltage up a little bit from 1.8V. If they are 2.2V sticks, then 1.9-2.1V would be fine for 444-12 @ 800Mhz, and you know that may even be faster than 555-18 @ 1066 anyway

Be sure you also manually set Static tRead Value to 6-8, depending on ram speed and multi chosen. If you do not see this setting, two under tRFC (Refresh to Act Delay) you may need to use the hotkey. On the MAIN Page of the BIOS press Control + F1 the screen will flash, then go into MIT Section and look again
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 07-08-2009 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Sorry to have missed your posts!!! This thread was meant as a welcome thread, not for issues so that is why I had not looked at it until now. Sorry

Do you still need help with this? Did you ever try raising your PCIE and SB Voltages?

If you have not, try this as I have had a card or two give me issues until I raised these.

MCH Core…………….....1.100V...........: << 1.14 (1.20-1.24 if 4GB)
    MCH Reference….…….0.800V...........; <<< Leave
    MCH/DRAM Ref.…......0.900V...........: <<< Leave
    ICH I/O……………….....1.500V............: <<< 1.58
    ICH Core…………...……1.100V............: <<< 1.14-1.22
    Thanks for your kind reply, Sir. It's nice to see that at last someone show a good response to my question, altough it is just too late now. I have sold the board and I'm looking for a new one now. :)
    I'm sorry I missplaced my issue on the this thread, instead of creating a new one.

About your suggestion, yes, I had tried so many times (with different BIOS too; last one was F10b)) to raise every voltage to make things work out before this, but all of them were failed bad.

I had tried raising these field before:
    PCI-E Clock voltages to 1000mv
    CPU Clock voltages to 1000mv
    MCH Core to 1.28v
    ICH I/O to 1.57v (same as CPU PLL 1.57v)
    ICH core to 1.2v

When I raised them, all fields value were changeable and could be seen have raised value on ET6, except Vfsb and Vmch reference that always keep to be stuck on their default value, 1.2v and 0.76v.

And like I had mentioned before, the case just got worse when I tried using 2.00B or 2.00D divider. All voltages just refuse to change their value even a little bit! and always be stuck on their default value in ET6, though I have changed them on BIOS setting.

Well, I think I just have to forget everything about this board from now on since it has been sold.
    Once again, thanks a lot for your kind reply, Sir. Highly appreciated! :)
    Core i7-860 @ 3.8 Ghz + Prolimatech MegaShadow Dual Fan
    EP55-UD4P BIOS F6
    G-Skill Trident DDR3 1600 Mhz CL8 4 GB kit@1800 Mhz CL9
    Palit GTX260 Sonic 896 MB
    WDC Blue 640 GB + Green 1 TB
    X-Fi Xtreme Gamers Fatality Pro XRAM 64 MB
    Corsair HX850W
    Cooler Master HAF932
    Win7 Ultimate x64

[moved to another thread (because i have almost the same problem]
    Last edited by Napoleon82; 07-11-2009 at 11:52 PM.

autocrosser is offline Junior Member

Question Need Technical Support info for EX58-UD4P bios

I'm running into a problem with the BIOS updates for the EX58-UD4P.....the 9B & 9C both stop right about drive detection & I get a reboot in a endless loop. I'm very sure that it is from the new AHCI update, but I'm not sure how to go about debugging it......any suggestions/thoughts/etc??

I'm a Linux only system, but I'm also fairly sure that is not my problem--I don't even get close to the bootloader--where I would get loading for CD twice (I set the DVD units to load before the hard-drives) is the start of problem---one DVD is SATA, the other is ATA/IDE......

Running a early 920--not sure about stepping

I set the DVD units to load before the hard-drives) is the start of problem---one DVD is SATA, the other is ATA/IDE......
    http://china.giga-byte.com/FileList/...x58-ud4p_e.pdf

You may want to move a wire connect SATA-DVD in SATA2_4or5 Check your bios for adjustments.

SATA Port0-3 Native Mode (ICH10R South Bridge)
    Specifies the operating mode of the integrated SATA controllers.
    Disabled --- Allows the SATA controllers to operate in Legacy IDE mode.
    In Legacy mode the SATA controllers use dedicated IRQs that cannot be shared
    with other device. Set this option to Disabled if you wish to install operating
    systems that do not support Native mode. (Default)
    Enabled --- Allows the SATA controllers to operate in Native IDE mode.
    Enable Native IDE mode if you wish to install operating systems that support
    Native mode.
    Last edited by artdrivers; 07-13-2009 at 08:19 PM.
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ench-test.html
    http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/FileList...ios_qflash.pdf
    Phenom II 945 @ 3.2Ghz w/Thermaltake Big Typhoon Pro 14 CPU Cooler
    Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev.1.1 F11
    Sapphire 3870HD / 100225L / 512MB / ddr4
    4GB / Kingston / KHX8500D2K2/2GN / 5-5-5-18 / 1066Mhz
    (2) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA RAID-0
    (1) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA AHCI
    (2) IDE's 1 8XdualDVDRW 1 52x32x52x CDRW
    Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
    Mid size ATX case with show through panel
    2) 80x80 front fans (1) 120x120 rear fan and small nb fan
    Microsoft comfort curve USB keyboard 2000 ver.1.0
    Logitech G500 USB mouse
    Monitor: CMV937A
    7.1+2 Channel High Definition ALC889A
    Dual boot Windows 7 32bit home & Windows 7 64bit home

autocrosser is offline Junior Member

Thanks--I'll give that a try...

Some of you may have seen this in the thread I started, so if you have, ignore it. But for GB tech support....

I got all the parts for my new computer in the mail yesterday, and was very excited to put it together. After about 5 hours of working on it, it just wont boot. When I power on the PSU, the power LED on the mobo lights up, and when I hit the case's power button, an orange and a green LED light up near the RAM to denote voltage to the DDR. And that's as far as it goes. I've tried resetting CMOS, and I've tried taking the battery out. Nothing works. If anyone can help me get this running, I would be extremely grateful.

My parts:
    -GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD4P LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard
    -EVGA 896-P3-1171-AR GeForce GTX 275 Superclocked Edition 896MB 448-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported
    -OCZ StealthXStream OCZ700SXS 700W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply - Retail
    -Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor Model BX80601920 - Retail
    -G.SKILL 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ - Retail
    -Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drives - OEM
    -SAMSUNG 22X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe Black SATA Model SH-S223Q - OEM

I then wound up RMA'ing both my PSU, as it wound up being DOA it seems, and my mobo. I got the new pieces today, and the PSU works. The mobo does the same thing though. So either my CPU is bad, which is supposed to be quite rare, and given the the mobo doesn't even give me any beep codes or anything when I attempt to start it withou the CPU (or anything at all, for that matter), I'm not inclined to blame the cpu. So it seems its gotta be the mobo. Can someone PLEASE help me get this rig running? I'm about at wit's end.

I had the same problem with GA-EX58-UD4P. It won't work with every PSU, I tried several. Now is working with Corsair HX620.

Thread Information