Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 51 of 185 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Default Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Mr. Janus Yeh:

I have a Gigabyte G33m-DS2R motherboard. I know that Gigabyte is recently updating Motherboard bioses AHCI software to ver.1.20 that greatly increases boot time. Is it planned to update G33m-DS2R bios with AHCI ver. 1.20? Recent F8 final update still holds ver. 1.07.
    Thank you!

I found out what the problem with mine was, though it makes no sense to me. I wound up building the thing on a cardboard box, with only the VGU, RAM, and cpu connected. And, to my delight it booted. This lead me to figure it must have been shorting on the case, so I moved some standoff's around, etc. Then, I again tried booting it with only the above parts attached. Again, it booted. So then I plugged in everything else (front panel, usb, fans, etc.) No go. So I tried unplugging things bit by bit. Turns out if the power cord from the PSU the fans are plugged into (I have 4 fans) is attached to any of the sys_fan ports on the mobo, it refused to boot. No clue why, but that was my problem. Now it runs great. I hope this can help someone else.

Default Vista 64 installation on EG45M-UD2H with RAID

I just rebuillt my media workstation with a Gigabyte EG45M-UD2H motherboard replacing an Asus P5W DH Deluxe (due to RAID failure). I built a 4 drive array configured in RAID 5. I've created a 500 GB partition to install the OS (64 bit Vista Ultimate), but so far have been unsuccessful. I've tried the fixes offered by MS (Article ID: 925481 for example) but no luck. All drive space has been allocated, formated, and initialized. The BIOS appears to be configured correctly, but as this is a new system I may be overlooking something.

Error messages received: "Windows is unable to find a system volume that meets its criteria for installation" and "The computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk..."

NOTE: When I turn off RAID functionality Vista loads fine; so it appears that the RAID does not look like a bootable device to Vista. I'd like to be able to load the OS into a bootable system partition and also have a second data partition. Both partitions on the array.

NOTE 2: When I turn off RAID functionality Vista setup only sees 3 of the 4 drives. All 4 drives appear in the POST and the BIOS.

http://china.giga-byte.com/FileList/...45m-ud2h_e.pdf
    Are you using any New Seagate harddrives? I have heard that some of the New Seagates come with an offset jumper on them. I'm not to sure about the other brands, so check for jumpers. Is it possible that you have multiple bootable drives with another OS on one of the other drives? Windows sometimes won't accept the other bootable hard drive and will leave it totally out of the device manager. Have they all been partitioned for your array? Did you use the F6 option when you installed or setup your Windows? This is needed if your Windows OS is on the array.
    Last edited by artdrivers; 07-19-2009 at 10:36 PM.
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ench-test.html
    http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/FileList...ios_qflash.pdf
    Phenom II 945 @ 3.2Ghz w/Thermaltake Big Typhoon Pro 14 CPU Cooler
    Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev.1.1 F11
    Sapphire 3870HD / 100225L / 512MB / ddr4
    4GB / Kingston / KHX8500D2K2/2GN / 5-5-5-18 / 1066Mhz
    (2) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA RAID-0
    (1) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA AHCI
    (2) IDE's 1 8XdualDVDRW 1 52x32x52x CDRW
    Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
    Mid size ATX case with show through panel
    2) 80x80 front fans (1) 120x120 rear fan and small nb fan
    Microsoft comfort curve USB keyboard 2000 ver.1.0
    Logitech G500 USB mouse
    Monitor: CMV937A
    7.1+2 Channel High Definition ALC889A
    Dual boot Windows 7 32bit home & Windows 7 64bit home

Default Vista 64 installation on EG45M-UD2H with RAID

Update:

After juggling various hard drives, etc. it appears that the problem is a limitation with the Intel ICH10 RAID controller. It seems like the controller will not allow arrays over ~ 1.5 TB to be bootable. The firmware based storage manager that you access during boot does not allow you to change the boot status of arrays. Another issue seems to be Vista and it's handling of multiple arrays on this controller. I tried creating 2 arrays under 1.5 TB. The storage manager listed both arrays as bootable, but Vista gave the same message that appeared in my original post i.e. "Windows is unable to find a system volume that meets its criteria..."

I am now checking to see if the Intel Windows based storage manager will allow me to work around some of the problems. As I mentioned in my original post I am working with 4 drives. I created a RAID 1 array using the firmware based manager and installed Vista. I then installed the storage manager application and created a RAID 0 array using that utility. It is currently creating the array, but hopefully it will work correctly. I'll post an update once the utility finishes creating the array.

A couple more thoughts.

1. When you create arrays under 1.5 TB Vista installation does not require that you load a driver in order to see them. However, when they are over that limit you must install the driver to see the array. It's a moot point as the RAID controller won't make the large arrays bootable.

2. If someone knows how to make my original** desired configuration work on this motherboard, please let me know. The solution that I'm working on now is not optimal.

Thanks!

** 4 x 750 GB drives configured in RAID 5.
    Last edited by attack3; 07-20-2009 at 06:47 AM.

On my research I have found that Windows Vista has a 2TB limit.
    http://www.dulcesystems.com/html/2tb_limit.html

You may need to check out GPT partitioning.
    http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device...e/GPT_FAQ.mspx

Here is a way to convert MBR to GPT.
    http://maximumpcguides.com/windows-v...to-a-gpt-disk/
    Last edited by artdrivers; 07-20-2009 at 08:55 AM.
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ench-test.html
    http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/FileList...ios_qflash.pdf
    Phenom II 945 @ 3.2Ghz w/Thermaltake Big Typhoon Pro 14 CPU Cooler
    Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev.1.1 F11
    Sapphire 3870HD / 100225L / 512MB / ddr4
    4GB / Kingston / KHX8500D2K2/2GN / 5-5-5-18 / 1066Mhz
    (2) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA RAID-0
    (1) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA AHCI
    (2) IDE's 1 8XdualDVDRW 1 52x32x52x CDRW
    Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
    Mid size ATX case with show through panel
    2) 80x80 front fans (1) 120x120 rear fan and small nb fan
    Microsoft comfort curve USB keyboard 2000 ver.1.0
    Logitech G500 USB mouse
    Monitor: CMV937A
    7.1+2 Channel High Definition ALC889A
    Dual boot Windows 7 32bit home & Windows 7 64bit home

Hello,
    About new beta F8f

My system didnt work on 1600 mhz , below 8-8-8-20 till F8f come up.
    After f8f it works fine on 1600 mhz 7-7-7-20 but i get 0x00000124 blue screen after 10 min. of prime95 stress <NOBR style="FONT-SIZE: 100%; FONT-WEIGHT: normal" id=itxt_nobr_9_0>test</NOBR>.I never get that blue screen till F8f.
    Now i back to the official F7 bios , set the memory 8-8-8-24 1600 mhz
    and do the prime95 test about 90 mins theres no blue screen or any other problem.

yes with F8f the cas delay decreased but not stable on my system i get the blue screen even if i set the parameters 8-8-8-24...

With Gigabyte EX58-Extreme motherboard, any sort of stable overclock does not permit the computer to sleep properly. BIOS version F7 issue does not allow the computer to wake from sleep 100% of the time. (the computer would go to sleep, but would not wake properly - stuck black screen and must hard power off the computer).

The new F8g BIOS allows me to wake the computer from sleep properly about 75% of the time (mobo LEDs indicate that the ram is indeed receiving voltage at sleep), but the rest of the time, the computer will be stuck at a black screen upon waking, and a hard power reset must be done. Interestingly enough, sometime powering off the system by holding the power button will cause the mobo to actually turn off somehow (the blue power button on the mobo will turn off), and the power supply will need to be shut off for 10-20 seconds and then powered back on for the mobo to turn back on.

The power supply has been verified to be working & stable. Overclock is 24\7 stable as tested with memtest86, superpi, prime95 and intel burn test. Sleep works properly if computer is running at stock speeds.

I think the problem may be associated to components not receiving appropriate voltage (in particular, I believe the RAM...don't ask why I think it is though) upon wake from sleep, preventing the computer from loading the information stored in the RAM during S3

Can anyone help? Thanks!
    Last edited by Fireballfx; 08-03-2009 at 11:14 AM.

hi i have a EP45-DS5 mobo, i want to ask about easytune6, when i install on windows XP, the 3.3v and 12V didn't show on hw monitor tab, it's that normal?
    my worry is when i use OCCT the 12V show instability voltage (1.5~8.9v) i consider that OCCT might be wrong reading. because when i use IP35 proxe my PSU work very well on the voltage.

my rig:
    EP45-DS5
    E5200
    PSU XIGMATEK 650W
    GTX275
    windows XP

please help me:D

Sorry double post
    Last edited by pocenk; 08-08-2009 at 04:25 PM.

Thread Information