Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 53 of 185 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

1. Default Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Hello again!

About 6 weeks ago, more or less, I asked Janus and Gigabyte for help regarding my EX58-UD5 mobo and the b2 led error it reported (refer to post #445 http://forums.tweaktown.com/303676-post445.html).

I'm updating that post just to say that Gigabyte kindly accepted my request to RMA the board so it can be fixed, no matter the store's claiming about the CPU socket bent pins.
    One thing I can say: Respect Gigabyte and it's employees and Gigabyte and it's employees will respect you for sure!

Gigabyte Costumer Support and Gigabyte Technical Service Zone took 3 days only to answer my technical and non-technical questions concerning the led error and the warranty; and from the day I filled the RMA request at the store to the day a new board was delivered in hands to me in Portugal where I live, it took 6 weeks.
    Yeah, Gigabyte didn't fix the board; Gigabyte replaced the board!

I'm happy with Gigabyte's RMA service! It is NOT the nightmare I heard about before in this very forums.

I can't thank you Gigabyte and Janus enough!!!

Thank you! THANK YOU!

JR
    System Components: Intel i7 920 C0 @ 4,0Ghz; Gigabyte EX58-UD5 (X58-EXTREME F12 BIOS); Sapphire HD5970 2GB OC Edition; Western Digital Blue 500GB; Seagate 7200.12 1000MB; 6GB Corsair 1333Mhz DDR3; DVD-RW LG; Corsair TX750W
    Watercooling System: EK-Supreme Skt 1366 WaterBlock + EK backplate Skt 1366; Kit EK-FB GAX58 WaterBlocks; Aqua-Computer AquagratiX 5970 WaterBlock; 360mm Thermaltake radiator; 360mm BI Stealth X-Flow radiator; Laing MCP355 pump; EK-DDC X-TOP rev.2 Plexi
    Danger Den Plexi E/S 1/2" reservoir; 4x A.C. Ryan UV 120mm; 3x Tacens Ventus PRO ICE 120mm; 2x NoiseBlocker Black Silent XE2 92mm; Liquid Cooling FESER Black; FESER tubing 3/8" ID and 5/8" OD; Enzotech Compression Fittings G 1/4

Default Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Hiya.

Just installed a GA-X48-DQ6 and I am having hangs, reboots and so on. Wasn't sure where to post so I made a thread in main part of forum. Here's a link:

http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/x48-...e-loops-33695/

Thanks in advance :)

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Rook View Post
    Hello again!

About 6 weeks ago, more or less, I asked Janus and Gigabyte for help regarding my EX58-UD5 mobo and the b2 led error it reported (refer to post #445 http://forums.tweaktown.com/303676-post445.html).

I'm updating that post just to say that Gigabyte kindly accepted my request to RMA the board so it can be fixed, no matter the store's claiming about the CPU socket bent pins.
    One thing I can say: Respect Gigabyte and it's employees and Gigabyte and it's employees will respect you for sure!

Gigabyte Costumer Support and Gigabyte Technical Service Zone took 3 days only to answer my technical and non-technical questions concerning the led error and the warranty; and from the day I filled the RMA request at the store to the day a new board was delivered in hands to me in Portugal where I live, it took 6 weeks.
    Yeah, Gigabyte didn't fix the board; Gigabyte replaced the board!

I'm happy with Gigabyte's RMA service! It is NOT the nightmare I heard about before in this very forums.

I can't thank you Gigabyte and Janus enough!!!

Thank you! THANK YOU!

JR
    Thanks for your post about your RMA Experience!! I agree, their RMA Service is good and pretty fast.

So your new board is working good then? Hope so!!

Post back anytime if you have any questions

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzban View Post
    Hiya.

Just installed a GA-X48-DQ6 and I am having hangs, reboots and so on. Wasn't sure where to post so I made a thread in main part of forum. Here's a link:

http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/x48-...e-loops-33695/

Thanks in advance :)
    Will check it out now

Hi,

Problem with Wake-On-LAN for GA-MA770-DS3 rev1.0 motherboard. BIOS F7.

BIOS set to S3 (STR)
    NIC set to wake on magic packet in Win7

After PC enters S3 sleep, magic packet sent to PC will only wake it up during first couple of minutes after sleep.

After PC is in sleep for more than couple of minutes, magic packet is ignored. Note that LAN light does stay on whole time.

Tests are done on LAN, PC's connected throiugh switch.

Any ideas?

1. hi i want to ask about the max amount of CPU termination and CPU PLL that can be safely use for daily.

this is my setting:
    FSB = 340x12.5
    PCI freq = 100
    MCH Strapping = 333
    FSB DRAM Strapping = 2.40B (816)
    DRAM Timing = 4-4-4-12

CPU Vcore = 1.5000
    CPU termination = 1.260
    CPU PLL = 1.560

DRAM voltage = 2.060

the others are set to default

i'm using E5200 @4.25Ghz
    DDR2 Adata 800+ 2GB kit
    Gigabyte EP45 DS5

when i set the vcore to 1.5125, CPU termination 1.2, CPU PLL 1.5 it seems to be alright and stable with OCCT test.
    i just want to try to lower the vcore with considering the CPU termination and PLL must be set higher.

2. also i want to ask about the FSB DRAM strapping. why i can't use strapping 266 when the FSB set to 340. you can say that i don't know nothing about the strapping setting, which is correct for each CPU FSB setting

thank you, i hope you can help me.
    sorry if my english is bad
    Core 2 Quad Q6600 @3.280 | EP45-DS5 F13b | Team Xtreme Dark 4GB kit PC8500 CL6 | WDC500AADS x2 | Zotac GTX275 AMP! | NRP-MC651 | NH-D14 | Cosmos S

You can safely use up to 1.4 for that E5200 CPU, but you should not need more than 1.34 or so until you go past 500 FSB which you are not close to of course.

Strapping usage involves a lot. To use a certain strap you must have the right ram voltage, MCH Voltage, and tRD Set. And of course FSB.

Using a lower than FSB Strap depends on all of the above as well, and your memory itself. This is not always possible either, just depends. You may have to continue to use the 333 strap since you are past 333 FSB

ok then i should find the right strapping for my FSB,

anyway i want to ask about the comparison about EP45-DS5 and EP45-UD3P which one is better? just curiousity :D
    Core 2 Quad Q6600 @3.280 | EP45-DS5 F13b | Team Xtreme Dark 4GB kit PC8500 CL6 | WDC500AADS x2 | Zotac GTX275 AMP! | NRP-MC651 | NH-D14 | Cosmos S

infocus is offline Junior Member

I have a GA-EP45T-UD3P motherboard,do I need to install the 'MSM64' drivers using one harddrive or disable SATA RAID/AHCI mode ???Thanks for the reply....

Thread Information